PlayBuddy
May 18, 2024, 04:23:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cyberwar: Iran Vs. Twitter - Twitter Is Winning!

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

The election crisis in Iran has ignited a full-on guerrilla cyberwar, with Twitterers and techies across the globe pitching in to help protesters in that country access the Internet, and official Iranian government Web sites being knocked offline.

The U.S. State Department even reportedly weighed in, with an unnamed official telling Reuters Tuesday that it had asked Twitter not to "shut down its system in Iran."

Full Story:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526627,00.html

disneyland lady

My son has a friend in Iran that he met while in college in the US who has been keeping him up to snuff by Tweeting. Unfortunately the guy says that Twitter is filled with people who are sending out dangerous false info. He has been trying to get in contact with family who do not have internet access. It worries me that the "powers that be" might use it against anyone with internet access since Iran does not want the world to know their business.

I remember following a young Iraqi woman's blog years ago and it was a true window on what was going on. Then it just stopped being updated and left us all hanging as to what happened to her.

harley89

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview