PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 01:31:43 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

BULLETIN -- MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50

Started by swamp,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 27, 2009, 01:00:44 PM
Thanks, H. That was perfect. I don't know what to say about all this. It seems like celebs have unlimited access to doctors who will give them whatever drugs they want.

I'm interested to see what they determine cause of death to officially be.

Does it seem to anyone else that "child stars" seldom seem to have a normal life?

I was in two movies and I'm normal.

1981 - Blow Out w/John Travolta
1990 - Rocky V w/Sylvester Stallone

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

swamp

Quote from: Homer on June 27, 2009, 01:07:28 PM

cool a movie star for our boss  magnifier.gif hi11.gif

Stinkerbell

Well, there ya go then! I had no idea we had a celebrity amongst us! Can I have your autograph?

And I was mostly talking about child stars who became fairly famous...not to say you're not a star in our eyes...

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 27, 2009, 01:25:28 PM
Well, there ya go then! I had no idea we had a celebrity amongst us! Can I have your autograph?

And I was mostly talking about child stars who became fairly famous...not to say you're not a star in our eyes...

I'll make you see stars  slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif

disneyland lady

define "normal"

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on June 27, 2009, 01:43:32 PM
I'll make you see stars  slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif
I know you are very saddened about all the celebrity deaths, Homer, so embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Homer

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

There was some kind of memorial thing on TV for him and my husband said that it was very favorable. It amazes me because the press crucified him for the child molesting accusations, now they are practically building a shrine to him.

Loved his music, but I won't lie...I'm thrilled to know that if he was indeed guilty of molesting children (which I think he was but have no more proof than anyone else) no others will be hurt and perhaps those he damaged can find some peace knowing he is gone.

~Sassy~

I was in two movies and I'm not normal.

Cute siggy, mine now!  giggle2.gif

Hocky

1.6 million people signed up for lottery tickets to go to the memorial service at the Staples center.....Unbelievable! no-no.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: hocky on July 05, 2009, 05:56:05 AM
1.6 million people signed up for lottery tickets to go to the memorial service at the Staples center.....Unbelievable! no-no.gif
Most of those people have no intention of going. They are out of state and just want the armband as a remembrance or to sell on eBay. It means that they will have to go to a ticket outlet to get their confirmation letters and wrist band and that alone would take most of a day. There would be no way to arrange travel in that amount of time on a non-holiday week let alone a week when people travel for the 4th. Unless you have a private jet and in that case you are more than likely to get one of the 900 tickets given to the Jackson family.

I have a family member that lives close enough to Staples to have to deal with the big events all the time. He said that the police are very good about keeping non-ticketed people off the property so I think most of the non-ticketed people (which is most everyone) will be walking the streets and should be a show in itself. The state of Calif has sent out IOUs to everyone who contracts with them starting July 1 so if CA is supposed to foot the bill for this one most people better expect an IOU for payment. Sort of like when Michael was living.

bams68

http://www.boomclips.com/videos.aspx/video~michael_jackson_tribute/Michael_Jackson_Tribute/People_videos/

I really enjoy'd this song of Michael an it's always been one of my favs
it seems sooo fitting for his passing

It was also great hearing Jermaine I think it was explain the story behind Michaels face changes
Not sure if any of you caught that or not but in all the years I looked at him an thought odd of him for his
drastic decisions an now after hearing why, it kinda makes sense. As harsh as it was
I think I understand apart of him alot more

Its funny that no matter how wonderful ur life can look an be, deep down we are all still very human
an all deal with very emotional issues
an I think Michaels childhood got the best of him an it's a shame
Anywho jus wanted to share this
I'm still playin' his music always have, at least now I'm not alone in doing it
LOL
before everyone would make funny faces
to me - he's always been the KING OF POP

mycatownsme

Now today, I heard on the news that he had Lupus. His skin was paper white.
The veins in both arms were collapsed. And he was completely bald.
The news goes on and on.   shocked.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: stevelj on July 08, 2009, 02:44:26 PM
Now today, I heard on the news that he had Lupus. His skin was paper white.
The veins in both arms were collapsed. And he was completely bald.
The news goes on and on.   shocked.gif
It was interesting that all of his brothers are over 50 and not a grey hair among them. I know someone with lupus and they have problems on their skin and wear a type of makeup that is like theatrical coverup. I think an awful lot of people are now trying to get on the Jackson bandwagon. Lou Ferigno had said he was his trainer for the tour but he only saw him one time 3 weeks before he died. The one person I want to hear is the doctor that was with him at the time of death and he has dropped off the face of earth.

My brother passes the Staples center daily and said that today it still had people milling around. Ladies and Gentlemen, Jackson has left the building.

ImJustOneOldFart

Quote from: hocky on July 05, 2009, 05:56:05 AM

i was NOT one of the 1.6 million....

disneyland lady

Quote from: ImJustOneOldFart on July 08, 2009, 06:18:50 PM

i was NOT one of the 1.6 million....

In case you didn't get notice since you weren't one of the 1.6 million - he is still dead.

Squid

I'll be joining him soon.  This coverage is going to kill me.

I respect the man's talents but he WASN'T the long-reigning king of a country!!  It's time to mourn and move on.

disneyland lady

But we have yet to hear from his long time dentist that capped a tooth 23 years ago. Or the gardener at Neverland. We don't know what kind of mulch the gardener used. There is a whole lifetime of things yet to learn about MJ. I figure there will be at least 3 ALL MICHAEL ALL THE TIME cable channels to start in Sept.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview