PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 01:52:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

More problems with the eletric company

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lywarior1

Hey yall;
ok here's the latest thing that the stupid people did over at the eletric company, I have a nosy neibor who called and turned me into the eletric company for stealing the power by putting on that meter after they took it off. Well they came out and put on a big old huge gold lock on my box. But what happened is that it fell off of the box. For after the guy left I went out side to check it and the thing was on the ground.  And they charged me $200 for the other meter that they took.  Now my bill is $900.00 no kidding I got the bill in the mail. Well I went and took another meter off of one of the empty lots. And I'm now useing that. Only I got smart I take off the meter durning the day and put back on their lovely big huge gold lock. And take off the lock at night and put back on the meter. And I've got my power back on.  I sent an email to the mayors office saying that if they think they are gonna get $900.00 from me for power they will have better luck winning the lottery.  So that's the update on the power company and the stupid people with the lovely little golden lock that they put on my box hehe didn't know it would fall off did you hahaha :D

Super Duckie

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ronandamee1

Are you being very careful with that meter? I know the first couple times I am, then I get a little sloppier and sloppier. Sounds like you are playing with fire. Electricity wants to be free. Once it grabs you, there is no breaker to kill the power. I am having some power problems myself. My first step is to change the #'s on my mailbox. That usually buys me a week. By then the PUC has me set up on payments. I don't know what is is, but I absolutely hate paying bills to the point that I don't.

BE careful

Super Duckie

where i live, we don't got them Big box meters anymore, Electric companys are replacing them with little black boxes, all they have to do is come by, scan it, and in 3 seconds there gone

fatkid

The man always wins... He'll beat you down no matter what...  :'(

Lywarior1

Hey yall;
on our boxs they have a curget switch that turns off the power in the poll.  Before I do anything with the meter I make sure to turn off the power at the poll.  I don't want to get shocked. What I do is open up the switch box which is right under the meter and flip the power switch down actually there are two of them. So I hit both of them that turns off the power completely.  Then its just a matter of pluging in the meter.  After the meter is in fully thats when I flick the power switch back on.  By then the meter is covering the power cords and such so I usally don't get stocked.  Plus I turn off the power inside of the trialer as well. So I am very careful when it comes to power.

bob@pogopal

They teach electrical engineers to keep one hand in their pocket when playing with such things.

(Much more likely to die if the current goes from arm to arm because it passes through the heart.)

Pogo_Badge_Hunter

All I do is pay my bill every month, no gold locks and no cut off problems...Seems like a heck of alot of work to save a few bucks a month.  Especially when I wanna use electricity to say...ummmm...post messages on a forum   ;D 

Thisnamenottaken

OMG that is sooooo true and even funnier..... I have to give the original poster of this post some credit ( not sure thats the right word)  :-\  WHY on earth would you tell anyone that you are doing this.... I would be way to embarrassed to tell anyone I had my electric disconnected for non payment.... much less brag that Im stealing electric.   But FYI  they will catch it.... and then you will be disconnected at the POLE... no hijacking that one.  Dude take some of that internet and computer money and pay the bill.....

2TOOME

Quote from: Thisnamenottaken on July 01, 2004, 04:57:21 PM
OMG that is sooooo true and even funnier..... I have to give the original poster of this post some credit ( not sure thats the right word)  :-  WHY on earth would you tell anyone that you are doing this.... I would be way to embarrassed to tell anyone I had my electric disconnected for non payment.... much less brag that Im stealing electric.   But FYI  they will catch it.... and then you will be disconnected at the POLE... no hijacking that one.  Dude take some of that internet and computer money and pay the bill.....

OMG  LOL!  I would be too embarrassed to tell anybody as well.  Is there a law about stealing electricity?  I know theres one for cable.

Super Duckie

no, no law for stealing electricity, thats legal in the US, just don't get caught.. Then again everything is Legal if you don't get caught.. Cable Scramblers are Illegal, but they still sell them

Pogo_Badge_Hunter

stealing is legal? as long as you don't get caught.....that makes sense!  ;D

Lywarior1

Hey yall;
Actually there is a law here that's called thief of services. But I believe they can only charge you with it if the balance is over some amount.  I think its $1000.00 but evenutally I'm just gonna move. There is another electric company here but it only goes outside of the city limits. Anything inside of the city you have to deal with the city electric company.  But I've also found out that I'm not the only one with this problem. I talked to a friend of mine that works for that other company and they get calls about the city electric company almost everyday people wanting to change electric companies and can't cause the city won't let us..  If you asked me the city is doing this kind of thing because they have the run on the electric out here.  And they can do whatever the f**** they want to.  Until another company comes along and gives them a run for their money.  I think they should let us choose which company we want to have our electric with.  But they wont do that.  And I was paying them for my electric I've had the account for about a year until they started to f**** with it.  And try to rip me off.  That's what made me mad.  And like I said I'm not the only one with the problem nor am I the only one stealing the electric other people are doing the same thing I am.

rcardone1

Well when you get caught and you will, I electric co. has alot of power on there side and they will fry you butt. Just so you know, or you could just grow up and pay your bills or work out the problem, because when they get you they will not want to hear anything or will the judge. So gl and if you think you are making a stand agains the electric co. you are very misstaken they will make an example of you, beleave me I have a family member that has worked for the electric co. for over 40 years and love to get people like you, and they will.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview