PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 07:47:17 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Urban Meyers Resigns

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

What a shocker!  But it is due to health reasons and will still coach the Gators  at the Sugar Bowl.  He went to the hospital when returned from the SEC Championship game, it was said to be dehydration.  But suspect something else.  Wishing him the best and hope he will be doing better soon.

Sure puts the football program a guessing game now. football4.gif

who me?

So sorry gator8... I heard its a cyst he's had on his brain since he was young.
When he gets stressed or angry it flares up and has been causing severe headaches.
My prays are with him and his family including his football family.
I still have to root for my Bearcats  blink.gif  but I'm sure the gators are going to excel during the game  tumbsup.gif

gator8_24

Yes, I just read that on ESPN crawl and that was reported by Sports Illustrated, but nothing from Fl.  The players will really be focused and wanting to win the game for the coach.

gator8_24

jtric1963

alyaks

Quote from: jtric1963 on December 26, 2009, 07:46:30 PM
big deal -- next!!!!!!!!!!!! girls18.gif

If you didn't want to hear about it or talk about it, you shouldn't have come into this particular post jtric1963. There ARE people who think it's a big deal and who care. I for one am going to be praying for him and his loved ones, team and fans. My Mama always said that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

C~M

Quote from: alyaks Been Good! on December 26, 2009, 09:15:18 PM
If you didn't want to hear about it or talk about it, you shouldn't have come into this particular post jtric1963. There ARE people who think it's a big deal and who care. I for one am going to be praying for him and his loved ones, team and fans. My Mama always said that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

^^^^What She Said^^^

gator8_24

who me?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 27, 2009, 01:58:35 PM
Meyer appears to be flip-floppin on his decision undecided.gif

Yep, but guess that's what happens when have a passion for coaching.  He really doesn't know when will be back, except in "his gut" it will be next fall. But who knows But I'm not gonna find fault with his decision as Urban and his family only know the reason etc. I suspect there is a medical reason but they are not giving any clues, think alot depends on what it is and how he can overcome them.

it seems to run  through the athletic dept. Billy Donavan quit, signed with the orlando Magic and then 2 days later changed his mind.  At least Urban didn't go that route.

Homer

Quote from: gator8_24 on December 27, 2009, 03:50:03 PM
Yep, but guess that's what happens when have a passion for coaching.  He really doesn't know when will be back, except in "his gut" it will be next fall. But who knows But I'm not gonna find fault with his decision as Urban and his family only know the reason etc. I suspect there is a medical reason but they are not giving any clues, think alot depends on what it is and how he can overcome them.

it seems to run  through the athletic dept. Billy Donavan quit, signed with the orlando Magic and then 2 days later changed his mind.  At least Urban didn't go that route.

I didn't understand why he resigned to begin with. They say it isn't life threatening. I would have had it taken care of in the offseason and resume coaching next season.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 27, 2009, 04:09:18 PM
I didn't understand why he resigned to begin with. They say it isn't life threatening. I would have had it taken care of in the offseason and resume coaching next season.

I just read he changed his mind. Not returing, just taking a leave.

alyaks

I think Brett Favre called and had a talk with him

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer Claus on December 27, 2009, 04:09:18 PM

They are being so tight lipped about it so who knows? From what our papers are saying is that the offer to just take a leave was always on the table.  Then after Sunday mornings practice before leaving for NO his feelings about the team, coacing etc got to him and that's when he changed his mind and called the AD.
I can never remember the name of guy going to replace him for the duration, but this morning on ESPN  Tebow said that when it was announced in a team meeting the guys were very happy and gave him a long welcome applause and cheers etc.  So the team is okay with the change and the opportunity for the offensive coach to get this chance.

Also I think you would need to listen to him talk and to know his schedule, he spent 100 hours a week onm coaching etc. Now the stress has got to him and he needs to learn to delegate and then can spend more time with his family.  He wouldn't discuss the health reasons and it is/was a personnal business . We'll wait and see.  He lost 20 - 25 pounds this past month! I thought he looked thinner.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: alyaks Been Good! on December 27, 2009, 09:57:18 PM
I think Brett Favre called and had a talk with him

I kid you not. When I heard he changed his mind, I immediately thought of Brett.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview