PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 12:55:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

End of Network TV as we know it?

Started by roadwarrior,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

bobby

directv has really been p!$$!%& me off lately...i have to pay 5 bucks to watch a bootleg broadcast of the hawks game on the internet because no1 in the free world has c r a p p y versus anymore and now they raised the price 20 bucks on their package...the quality of tv is going down and the price is going up. anybody have versus? i'll gladly trade you for one of my 7 mtv's

roadwarrior

One thing that pisses the holy @#$t out of me is commercials.  Seems like there's 4-5 minutes of show followed by 4-5 minutes of commercials.  I CAN NOT stand to watch tv shows because of this.  I may have ADD and all, but my attention span is NOT that horrid.

I'm a season or two behind all my favorite tv shows because I watch them all on Netflix to avoid the stupid commercials.  We haven't had cable in our house in almost 5 years.  All we have is a pair of old fuzzy rabbit ears and what it picks up, for free.  Even then we barley watch TV, it's all DVD in our house.

harley89

I have Directv but dont know why.  The same things are on over and over, I no longer watch pay per view movies cause its cheaper through netflix. The only shows I watch regularly are Dr. Who( hate to see David T leave) and Worlds Dumbest(have no idea why)

Hocky

Doesn't surprise me one bit!  Anything to suck more money out of consumers... swear2.gif

Homer

Homer don't care. He is leaving Comcast for FIOS very soon. cheerleading.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

roadwarrior

bobby

Stinkerbell

Quote from: roadwarrior on December 30, 2009, 07:12:27 AM
whats FIOS?

Only the greatest thing since sliced bread and night baseball! I have FIOS for TV and internet and it's amaaaaaaaaazing.

mtndewlover342

~Mtndewlover~

roadwarrior

Quote from: mtndewlover342 on December 30, 2009, 09:54:37 AM
And FIOS has versus network  popcorn2.gif

I'm confused.  I get what FIOS is now...fiber optic tv.  But what's fios vs network?? huuhh?

Sorry, until today I never heard of those terms.  :)

bobby

fiber obtic=fancy cable VERSUS is a network that for some unknown reason owns the rights to the stanley cup playoffs and monday and tuesday night games that directv dropped and like 4 people in the world currently get on their tv service

Stinkerbell

Quote from: roadwarrior on December 30, 2009, 10:42:01 AM
I'm confused.  I get what FIOS is now...fiber optic tv.  But what's fios vs network?? huuhh?

Sorry, until today I never heard of those terms.  :)

I don't understand the question/comment either.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bobby on December 30, 2009, 11:31:48 AM
fiber obtic=fancy cable VERSUS is a network that for some unknown reason owns the rights to the stanley cup playoffs and monday and tuesday night games that directv dropped and like 4 people in the world currently get on their tv service

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification!

lilsh0rtii445

I'm confused. I have Fios, but rarely ever have problems with my internet. Every once in awhile it will have a hiccup, but I haven't heard anything new from Verizon. Surely they would've sent me something in the mail.    I don't like them personally as far as TV or cell phone, but their internet service is pretty good.

lilsh0rtii445

I can't blame you. It's cheaper, and I just noticed that it seems commercials are getting longer, and repeats are coming often. popcorn2.gif

lilsh0rtii445

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview