PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 11:57:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pole Dancing...Olympic Sport?

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

The Olympic Games could soon get a whole lot sexier.

A group of pole dancing advocates wants to do a test event in the 2012 London games, followed by a formal pitch to be added four years after that, when the Olympic Games will be in Rio De Janeiro. KT Coates of England is spear-heading the petition drive, gathering 4,000 signatures so far; she says she hopes to add 1,000 more. The Pole Dancing Fitness Association agrees with the idea, saying the Olympic Committee needs to acknowledge the number of people who participate in the competitive sport.

The groups say Olympic pole dancing isn't as far-fetched as you might think. Others say it won't happen.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Pole dancing is actually growing in popularity.  It seems to be a great workout.  When The Gold CLub was closed in Atlanta several of the strippers opened a studio to teach all the soccer moms the art of pole dancing and they had a great response.  Lets face it will help you develop flexabilty and tone your muscles.  But I dont know if it will overcome the history of its orgins sad cause I think it could give the Olympics the fresh face it needs. And it could be added to both summer and winter olympics. Plus give a new arena of people a chance to compete.  I would love to see the men have  a go at pole dancing.

Squid

I agree that pole dancing requires one to be very physically fit in order to do it well but... in the Olympics??  Isn't there a shred of humanity left in which we can maintain alittle dignity?  Pole dancers are almost always part of stripping and the male entertainment industry.  Can't we leave it there?   Isn't it enough that the fellas are getting Norweigan wood while watching the babes curl?  lol

harley89

I agree Squid that its history will keep it out of the main stream.  Having spent time in strip clubs(seems my daughters friends always invite me to pre wedding parties cant imagine why)  I have watched the girls on the poles and it is truly a physical performance.  ( I can watch with out all the male stuff going on)  ANd if you see them perform in a high class place it is an art form.  Truly a beauty of a performance.  ANd as for me in the strip clubs round here they have both female and male dancers  I m not there watching women they got sum real hunks. But I give  the female strippers their due respect it isnt easy and they work hard. I also went to the gay/lesbian club 1 time. didnt much care for since most of the  men looked better than me and they had some tran sexual dancers that well just unbelieveable  so the guys Ive seen are just as good as the females.  So I hope it finds its way into the mainstream for the physical benefits and will give all the talented ladies another outlet for their skills.     

roadwarrior

The Olympics gave softball and baseball the boot, but might allow pole dancing?

Oh MY!
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

gator8_24

There would also be a requirement for ppl watching to bring their own rubbers! hysterical.gif  Only H can claim to Norwegian wood!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview