PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 02:48:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bret Michaels Critical Following Brain Hemorrage

Started by who me?,

Previous topic - Next topic

who me?

DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer
Posted: 6:44 pm EDT April 23, 2010
Updated: 10:14 am EDT April 24, 2010

LOS ANGELES -- Bret Michaels is in critical condition suffering from a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said Friday.

Joann Mignano, Michaels' New York-based publicist, confirmed a report on People magazine's website that said the former Poison frontman was rushed to intensive care late Thursday after a severe headache. The report said doctors discovered bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Mignano said tests are being conducted but did not know where he was being treated.

The 47-year-old glam-rock reality TV star had an emergency appendectomy at a private care facility for diabetics last week after complaining of stomach pains before he was scheduled to perform at Sea World in San Antonio, Texas. Michaels later wrote on his website that though the surgery "has taken its toll," doctors expected him to make a full recovery.

Michaels is currently a contestant on the third season of Donald Trump's NBC competitive reality show, "The Celebrity Apprentice." For the first six episodes, Michaels served as a lighting rod for the show's male team, avoiding being fired in the boardroom.

Trump said in a statement Friday that he was "deeply saddened" to hear of Michaels' condition.

"He's a great competitor and champion, and I hope he will be fine," Trump said.

Before joining "The Celebrity Apprentice," Michaels starred as the lothario on VH1's lusty reality dating series "Rock of Love" from 2007 to 2009. For three seasons, Michaels searched for the women of his dreams amid a sea of implants, tattoos and thongs.

He also served as a judge on the fifth season of the USA singing competition "Nashville Star" in 2007.

Homer

he is supposed to be doing much better now. He is even joking and hitting on the nurses already.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

He's diabetic, too.  I never followed his music or TV show but I wish him well.

gator8_24

sandyhook

From Bret Michaels Agent

May 21 2010

Bret is being treated as an outpatient for the Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO). ( HE HAS A HOLE IN HIS HEART )
The condition is operable and treatable and for now he is taking two additional injections daily of a blood thinner.
Bret is not only our boss but a great friend to all of us and his health is our main concern.
That being said, Bret is a very passionate person and refuses to live his life curled up in a ball wondering if or when something else might happen.
No doubt life has risks and rewards, being a type 1 diabetic he has lived with struggles and complications since he was six years old but he always tries to maintain positive attitude and seldom lets things get him down.
I have seen him handle the ups and downs, highs and lows of this disease.
No doubt these recent medical complications have been tough but he wants to continue to live his life, enjoy every day and get back on the road.
He is taking all the medications and steps to insure that he can do that.
As his friends and staff we are all making sure that he is not taking any undo risks and we are certainly taking every precaution possible to insure his health and well being. If and when something else occurs we will deal with it at that time.
Hopefully, it will be a very long time before we have to deal with anything like this again.
I DO WHAT MY RICE KRISPISES TELL ME TO

sandyhook

He sure looked gooood    inlove1.gif   on Idol last night
Am glad he won Apprentice and I do not believe it was sympathy on Trump's part, Trump does not seem like that type of person, he's for the $$$$$
I DO WHAT MY RICE KRISPISES TELL ME TO

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview