PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 11:30:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ex-NFL star Junior Seau is found dead

Started by APACHESmooth,

Previous topic - Next topic

APACHESmooth

NFL legend Junior Seau found dead at his California home

Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday morning at his Southern California home. He was 43 years old.

The ex-linebacker's girlfriend found the NFL legend with a fatal shotgun wound to the chest. The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that police received a call to 911 at 9:35 a.m. reporting a possible suicide, per Oceanside police Chief Frank McCoy. Officers found Seau in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Reports indicate that a handgun was found by Seau's side.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html

bad mood.gif

Homer

Very sad  6_6.gif

I have no doubt this will turn into yet another lawsuit against the NFL saying concussions made him suicidal

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

snap20

I find this to be the most interesting part of the whole thing:

QuoteIf Seau committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, it is similar to the way former Chicago Bears great Dave Duerson ended his life. Duerson shot himself in the chest on February 17, 2011 -- the method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head.

He was distraught enough to kill himself, yet had the rationality to choose his chest so his brain could still be studied.  sad.gif

He came into the league when I was really getting into football as a kid, and I grew up watching him...one of those players that everyone strives to be compared to and play like. Times like this really make you think...

Joe C

Sorry to see him like this. I remember how much fun it was to watch him play.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview