PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 08:56:49 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

JAVA and Chrome

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
This darn Java thing popped up again when using Chrome.  Kept on wanting to install.
I removed chrome.
I removed Java.

Then reinstalled...still got the error.

OK...so here is the question.

Should I go backwards and try an older version or JAVA...if so what version?

Or, Just stay with IE?

Sorry to bring up this darn subject...I am now bald from pulling out my hair.

BTW...I did like the old comments about going forward...and not backwards.

S1lent

hotpinklovesofa

I'm not a fan of chrome so I don't have it installed on my PC but I haven't had any issues whatsoever with IE. I'm a Firefox girl so I use it for everything else but for Pogo I hop on IE and haven't had any problems at all using the newest version of Java which is 7.11 (unless it was updated today.). It works even better (loading faster + old school setup) when I work off of the UK site.  If you're a chrome fan I would just keep using it for the usual browsing but rely on IE for now for Pogo gaming.  Firefox isn't working either and I think it'll still be a while before Mozilla and google unblock Java (you should be able to override the block but it's just easier to go on IE.)

Yoming 2

No problems here with either FF or Chrome.....I use Chrome when I need to double browse....especially today with Euchre.  I updated to the latest Java and have had no problems.

Squid

I had my first problem with Java yesterday.  I went to a previous version of Java and have had no problems since.  Good luck!

hotpinklovesofa

I just started having problems with Firefox on Mac (checked for updates but there was nothing.) Pogo is still working in IE on PC so I'm not sweating it.

S1lent

Good News,

So I have two versions of JAVA installed.1.7.0.11 and 1.6.0.37.

All of them are working GREAT!  Hope it will last.

Thanks again for the info.

S1lent

snap20

Squid

I don't trust 7-13.  6-38 is working fine for me and I'm not pushing it.

MsMissy

Im with you Squid, imusing java 6-38 also & it is working fine. Not going to update unless really have too.  hi11.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview