PlayBuddy
May 03, 2024, 11:44:55 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Nelson Mandela Died Today

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

Squid

C~M

Yoming 2

He is now at peace': Nelson Mandela dead at 95

Born: July 18, 1918, Mvezo, South Africa
Died: December 5, 2013, Johannesburg, South Africa

Squid

He is the perfect example as to how a single person can change the world.

disneyland lady

I agree that Nelson Mandela proved so much what one person can do. His lesson of forgiveness is one that will teach others by his example forever.

disneyland lady

This should be filed under Oops.... In India a cloth merchant did what many are doing - put up a poster of Mandela as a tribute. Only instead of Nelson Mandela it was Morgan Freeman (who did play him in Invictus in 2009).

I think Nelson would love this.

C~M

Squid

I don't know if that response is true or not - I'm not sure I'm going to put in the time or effort to verify - but, if it is, my estimation of M.F. just plummeted.  I love his talent but think that response, for all the world to see, is extremely disappointing and I'll have trouble viewing him in his art without hearing that word come from his lips, even if it is in my head alone.  Please... don't be true.

C~M

It was a joke Squid, It isn't his real account. It is someones spoof account of him.
I just thought it was funny when I found it.

Sue

disneyland lady

Morgan Freeman does have a twitter acct but has less than 2 dozen and last post was Nov 22 @TheRealMorganF "Twitter is for jokes you think of when there's no one around to tell them to"

I still think that Mandela would have loved the "oops". And sad thing is he would have forgiven the idiot who posted the fake Freeman tweet. I am sure this could be a learning moment but sadly, I am not as noble a person.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview