PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 01:32:19 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

new pogo game

Started by TheAngel,

Previous topic - Next topic

cherrypie

C~M

Squid

MsMissy

A new game in pogo, oh my I haven't seen anything in there about this, but will be looking for it. Thanks for the info all.   magnifier.gif

disneyland lady

cherrypie

So I guess this was an early April fools prank and there is no new game?

disneyland lady

Quote from: cherrypie on April 01, 2014, 11:42:28 AM
So I guess this was an early April fools prank and there is no new game?

Who said there was a new game?

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on April 01, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

Pogo is telling me to update my Java and clear my cache to get this new game to play................. hysterical.gif

Squid

disneyland lady

Yoming 2

disneyland lady

Squid

I just finished the PBA dedicated to this new game.  Wooo hooo!  The Surprise badge at the end is incredible!

Sue

Check it Out!, Heads Up, Home Page Feed, Latest News|April 1, 2014 12:35 PM
A Sneak Peek at PoppitVR!
The Experience
You find yourself in the middle of a beautiful meadow on a summer's morning. You see the last sparkles of dew quickly evaporating off the grass at your feet. A bumble bee buzzes by your head, and you watch it fly around for a moment as the sun warms your cheeks. Suddenly, emerging from behind the trees in the distance you see colorful balloons approach and come to rest in several columns around you, just within arm's reach. You look down at your 'hands.' They are green waxy cactus stumps, covered in needles. Without a second thought, you reach your arm out and pop your first balloon. You are Spike... and you must pop!

What is VR?
VR stands for Virtual Reality. VR is a method of creating a virtual world that is displayed to the user using special video goggles that simulate a 3d-environment with computer graphics. The VR headset tricks your eyes and brains, making you feel transported into a new world. It is a unique experience unlike anything you've felt before.

VR is Back Baby!
Most people thought VR "died" in the 90s after the "failure" of Nintendo's Virtual Boy console. In actuality it was only in hibernation until the technology could catch up with the virtual experiences people really wanted. Now, virtual reality is back in a big way. In fact, last Tuesday Facebook announced that they were acquiring virtual reality startup OculusVR, makers of the Oculus Rift VR headset, for the cool tune of 2-Billion dollars. Yes that's billion with a capital B!

Introducing PoppitVR!
We thought, what better way to experience VR than by embodying everyone's favorite Pogo mascot – the loveable yet not so cuddly – Spike! We wanted to give you a sneak peek at PoppitVR! – a fully immersive and convincing virtual reality experience where YOU become Spike and pop balloons from a first-person view designed for the Oculus Rift.

The Cacti-Helmet & Balloon Popping Controllers
Pogo's creative VR engineers knew that the PoppitVR! experience wouldn't be complete without 7.1 surround sound, the feel of the sun and breeze on your face, and the bursting whoosh of air when you pop a balloon. This prompted them to create the custom surround sound Cacti-Helmet and Balloon Popping Controllers. The Cacti-Helmet has small fans, chilling and heating units inside to simulate a sunbaked desert, a sunny soft spring meadow breeze or even a freezing winter storm on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Combine this with the Balloon Popping controllers that react and vibrate to your every hand motion and gesture. It won't be long until you are convinced you're in Spike's world!

Quotes from some PoppitVR beta testers:
I was utterly convinced that I had cactus arms! I couldn't put my arms down for fear of pricking holes in my pants! – Mary O.
It's almost like having bubble-wrap strapped to your face! – John R.
The spooky "night-pop" mode with glow-in-the-dark balloons was crazy! I kept thinking someone was sneaking up behind me in the dark! – Sarah M.

MsMissy

Is there a new game or not? I cant find this game to play, but already read what is posted here in pogo, but from the comments it sounds like a April fools joke.

Yoming 2

Quote from: MsMissy on April 02, 2014, 06:59:20 AM
Is there a new game or not? I cant find this game to play, but already read what is posted here in pogo, but from the comments it sounds like a April fools joke.

There isn't a new game....just wishful thinking.    mask2.gif

disneyland lady

The OP was wanting a new game which is what started this whole thread!

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 02, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
The OP was wanting a new game which is what started this whole thread!

Tis very, very true....but then the whole thing just sorta went    but I had fun following the blue arrow.. dancing16.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview