PlayBuddy
May 03, 2024, 02:56:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

screen size

Started by EvCa9,

Previous topic - Next topic

EvCa9

Ok we switched from windows 98 to xp about a year ago..... Ever since switching when i enter a room the rooms always pop up small screen,,,,, i have been to the large screen small screen settings in screen display and it is on large . How can i get my screen to come in full size?

Homer

I don't think you can get it full screen. Unless I'm missing something. :-\

Actually I think you can by lowering your monitor resolution but then the games don't always display correctly and some autos/macros may not work.

I just tried it. It will show full screen at 800x600 resolution but like I said I'm not sure all the programs will work at that resolution. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Super Duckie

DEBKARLAR

if you have club pogo you won't have ads which made screen bigger you also may want to check your DPI setting

debdauber

Does screen resolution also have something to do with the waviness when you drag the mouse or use your mouse to scroll up and down a page????   Just upgraded from Windows ME to XP, all things work fine, but screen is wavy only when you drag the mouse or scroll.

Hedgy2136

Deb,

If you are talking about "mouse trails", you can turn that off in control panel.  I suspect you may be talking about screen refresh, though.  In your display properties, set your screen refresh rate to the highest your monitor will support and that should help you.

debdauber

I dont think it is the refresh, it is just when we scroll down a page or move the mouse, the screen is wavy when we do this

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: debdauber on August 21, 2004, 10:35:16 AM
I dont think it is the refresh, it is just when we scroll down a page or move the mouse, the screen is wavy when we do this

you have smooth scrolling unchecked

debdauber

yes i do, and it still is wavy when scrolling or moving the mouse

whisperwindcat

??? I too can't get the downloads to work on my computer. It sends me a message saying that it can not see my full screen. But it is at full screen. Why can't I use these programs?

Homer

Quote from: whisperwindcat on September 07, 2004, 04:39:42 PM
??? I too can't get the downloads to work on my computer. It sends me a message saying that it can not see my full screen. But it is at full screen. Why can't I use these programs?

You fail to mention which auto.

Please make sure to give as much information as you can when you have technical problems.

Here are some things that will help:

1) Operating system (Windows 98, 200, ME, XP etc)
2) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)
3) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)
4) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked
6) What Java you are using
7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program

You get the idea the more information the better 

whisperwindcat

this is the message I get with most of the downloads. I have a windows98, I am on AOL but can use IE browser. I tried to follow the directiions on the message below I go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display but I don't see where to change the resolution and color settings.
Thanks for your help!
Whisper

I notice your display is set to 800x600 resolution. At this resolution, your browser may not leave enough of the Vaults of Atlantis game area visible for Thieves of Atlantis to function properly. I highly recommend at least 1024x768 resolution at either the 24-bit true color setting or the 32-bit true color setting if your video adapter supports true color at this resolution.

If your video adapter does not support true color at the higher resolution, you may have to increase the amount of the Vaults of Atlantis game area that is visible. Thieves of Atlantis must be able to see the top left corner of the Vaults of Atlantis as well as all of the active parts of the game area all at the same time. You can increase the amount of the Vaults of Atlantis area that is visible by hiding the Windows task bar, changing your browser's toolbar settings to show only text instead of icons and text etc.

You will have to change your display's color settings to either 24-bit true color or 32-bit true color. Your display's color settings are currently set to 16-bit color, which makes auto software unpredictable.

To change your computer's display settings, click on the Start button in the Windows task bar then select Settings, then Control Panel, then Display to open the display properties dialog. (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display) Click on the Settings tab, and you will be able to change your computer's screen resolution and color settings.

Homer

You need to change your screen resolution to 1024x768. What happens when you change it and try the auto?

Super Duckie

Quote from: Homer on September 07, 2004, 05:51:35 PM
You need to change your screen resolution to 1024x768. What happens when you change it and try the auto?

thats what i was going to say, but u beat me too it

whisperwindcat

Thank You for all your help BUT I guess on my computer it does not give me the option to change my screen resolution. I have gone through the steps as indicated. My tabs when I do get to the "display" only has these tabs....background, screensaver and appearance, there is no tab that says "setting".
So I guess my computer is one of those that the adapter will not let me change it.
Which is too bad I really would have liked to try out the services you have to offer.
Again, thank you all for your help
Take Care.
Whisper  :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview