PlayBuddy
May 03, 2024, 12:48:31 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

IE6 / IE5.5 Help

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

badcrazygirl

how do i inistall IE 6 when it's not in the add/remover programs and on my desktop but when i search for it on run ia website comes up with the ie browser

admin

Go into Add or Remove Programs and click on "Add/Remove Windows Components". Then on the list that shows up, uncheck Internet Explorer.

badcrazygirl

i've tried that but when i did a file was deleted  and i couldn't get on the internet
the file was something getconnectedstate idk i forgot and it was a winninet.dll file

admin

Ok, then just set it so IE isn't your deafult browser. Press start and then click on "Set program access and defaults". (I think this will only be there if you have Windows XP SP1 or higher.) Then click on Custom and set it so the browser you want is deafult instead of IE.

badcrazygirl

alright but i wanted to uninstall ie 6 and install ie 5.5 they say ie 5.5 is much better

admin

Hmm, sorry, can't help you there. I've never needed/wanted to downgrade windows components.

badcrazygirl

btw the set default thing is in add/remove programs in the control panel for windows xp

badcrazygirl

badcrazygirl

badcrazygirl

i wanna kno how to downgrade to ie 5.5 so if anybody knows plz tell me
thanks in advance

marky03

If u didnt know i was banned because of you know what. So i was just checking to make sure. But i got that settled with tom and ken.

marky03

badcrazygirl

badcrazygirl

A popup came up saying    ie5wzd.exe- entry point not found then
the procedure entry point internetgetconnectstate could not be located in the dynamic link library wininet.dll and i pressed okay ad it keeps comming back up any ideas  ???  :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview