This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chrome 59 Issues

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

It appears Chrome 59 is giving users issues on Pogo. This was just posted in Pogo News :

QuoteHello Pogo community,

The most recent update to the Google Chrome browser to Chrome 59 has resulted in loading errors for many of Pogo games, specifically table games where you can play vs. a bot or a person.

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix to it. During this time, we ask that you play those specific games on a different browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.

Thank you and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Thanks for the info!  I'm on chrome now without a problem but I'm not in a bot game. 

mycatownsme

I wonder if this is the reason why my flash plugin will not load anymore?
I have to click on the upper right corner of the window each time to allow it to run.

Mayhem

Quote from: mycatownsme on June 30, 2017, 06:34:58 PM
I have to click on the upper right corner of the window each time to allow it to run.

That almost sounds like you don't have the latest version. Click the link below and update it (and make sure to "uncheck" all the optional offers).

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Stinkerbell

Quote from: mycatownsme on June 30, 2017, 06:34:58 PM

Me too! EXACTLY this happens, but it's fine on Mozilla.

Mayhem

If you're still having issues, Pogo has listed these below as possible fixes while they work thing out.

Option 1:
Start the game from a chat room rather than the Play Robots or Play People buttons.

Option 2:
Step 1 – Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the Google Chrome browser

Step 2 – Under settings, type in "Flash" .  Then, click on "Flash – Allow sites to run Flash"

Step 3 – Click on "Add" and copy then paste the following two URLs. Make sure to add them separately.

http://game3.pogo.com:80
http://www.pogo.com

Step 4 – Close out of your Google Chrome browser and then reopen it to refresh the settings.

C~M

what I did is type

chrome://flags

in to the search bar and hit enter

Then I scroll down to

Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow"

and enable it and I have had no problems.

Mayhem

How safe is your method though? You're allowing any and all flash content to run from any website.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on July 07, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
How safe is your method though? You're allowing any and all flash content to run from any website.

It just sets the sites to Allow a lot easier then trying to add them manually.

Mayhem

That could be considered a security risk through - and why Pogo gave instructions on how just to add their URL.

I'm not saying anything bad will happen, but it might be safer to error on the side of caution.

C~M

I had those added in there by me and still had trouble. All this does that I see is makes the popup come up to allow flash. It never did before I changed that to enable.

I found the info on a tech forum so it is safe as long as you do not change anything else on the flag page.

But I see where you stand, you are protecting your butt in case someone does it and something bad happens to their computer.

Stinkerbell

Are you talking about that annoying popup in by the address bar in Chrome that makes us choose to run flash THIS TIME or some such annoying nonsense?  Then when you adjust your settings, it still asks you for this time only?

mycatownsme

I couldn't play the daily challenge of Monkey Gems this morning.
Glad to see this post and know why. Will try another browser to see if that works.
Hope they get things fixed there soon.
Thank you for the info.