This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help removing download program files from pogo

Started by joeyblow45634,

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyblow45634

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this. I was cleaning out the download program files and   the question I have is, how do I remove the following file from downloaded program files.  It is called: command conquer generals commache strike.  it's suppose to be a file for pogo ( I think).  I looked at it and it says by pogo.  But it won't let me remove it. Is it important? Is it something I need to worry about?? Any help would do.  I go to the code base and all it odes is take me to a site with a bunch of pogo icons.  When I click on those it gives me a list of pogo games that can be played. 
Thank-you for the help.

bowler_man2005

nope that is a game lol not from pogo just do this

1. Start
2. Settings
3. Control Pannel
4. Add and Remove Programs
5. looks for the name of the program you want to remove
6. click add/remove when program highlighted

Mayhem

Looks like you have "Install games" enabled on your account. Nothing to worry about.

You can try right clicking the file and see if its set to "read only". If so, uncheck mark that and hit "Apply" and you should be able to delete it then ...
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

bowler_man2005

you can delete it but it will still be loaded on your computer i did that to a game once and now it cant find the game to unistall so it is here permantly and i can reload it back on the computer becuase it says it is already there so remove the program from the add and remove programs then try deleting it if it still there

joeyblow45634

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I tried all of those and non of them seemed to work.   It seems to be something to do with java.  I'll just leave it for now.

Mayhem

If you were playing the game today .. you might need to reboot before you can delete the file.

Some stuff might still be in memory thus not letting you delete it.

bowler_man2005

joeyblow45634

Mayhem

joeyblow45634

Tried rebooting. still can delete it.  I'll just leave it for now.  Thanks though.

SpeedLimits

If you are talking about them installing club pogo stuff,

go to

1. control panel
2. internet options
3. under the general tab, go to settings
4. go to view objects

Hope this helps

joeyblow45634

Quote from: SpeedLimits69@yahoo.com on September 12, 2004, 12:28:28 PM
If you are talking about them installing club pogo stuff,

go to

1. control panel
2. internet options
3. under the general tab, go to settings
4. go to view objects

Hope this helps

Yes this is what I am talking about. But when I try to delete Command Conquer Generals Comanche Strike it won't delete.   It keeps saying fail to remove........   I've done what every one else has suggested.  Thanks everyone for the help.

SpeedLimits

Super Duckie

Ok, what ya wanna do is go to your program files, Open that file that you said u can't delete, delete all the file inside the folder that it lets you delete, and let the ones go that cannot, rebbot your computer and go to the add/removes folder and it should let you delete it from there now ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview