PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 06:42:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cigarettes can make you live till 105!

Started by fuzzyferrets,

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzyferrets

Cigarettes can make you live till 105!

Marie Ellis, a woman lived for 105 years despite smoking nearly 500,000 cigarettes during her lifetime.

Ellis died of old age heart failure recently, and was cremated clutching a packet of her favourite Benson and Hedges Gold and flowers shaped like cigarettes on top of her coffin.

Ellis, who remained single throughout her life, smoked almost 15 cigarettes a day or 5,500 a year from the age of 15.

Meanwhile, the Eaton Lodge nursing home in Westgate London is erecting a concrete ashtray in the garden as a memorial, which can be used by the staff during smoking-breaks.

"She smoked right to the end," The Mirror quoted matron Maria Kallis as saying.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Barbara

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bob@pogopal

Some folks just don't understand statistics. Besides, for all we know, the woman would have lived to 130 had she not smoked.

fuzzyferrets

soupsportz

Wow, too bad my grandmother passed away recently at 71 smoking about 1/3 of that amount form lung cancer, directly related to smoking!

Dream Faerie

I quit smoking on Labor Day.. I started whwn I was 12 years old, I just turned 34 when I quit. But I betchya it wouldnt have been worth it to quit after so long :(

Dream Faerie

Once I realized that I was already hooked  :( I do have to say that I LOVE the Anti-Smoking commercials I have been seeing lately  >:D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview