This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Texas Holdem Cheaters tip

Started by touitsjesse,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I never pretend to be an expert. There is always something to be learned. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

touitsjesse

This just in from Pogo,

I wrote pogo too ask them about this and was their reply,

Collusion happens between two or more players. It can be defined as a strategy intended to take an undue advantage over the other players at the table. We have developed a "Collusion Prevention System" to detect such players and ban them from the site. The sophisticated systems are developed on a high level technological platform and work based on a combined set of algorithms, permutations and combinations. We have further modified our systems to filter the players who collude and identify them so that appropriate action can be taken against them.

the dictionary's definition of collusion is A secret agreement between two or more parties for a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose.

Now from my experiences and i dont claim to be an expert...the only way they will be able to tell if you are token dumping, they have to determine that both accounts are being used by the same person and the only way they might be able to legally detect this is if your computer is sending them electronic waves to them so they can match.And personaly, i dont think they can receive such waves, but with todays technologies, thier might be this slim and i emphasize slim chance that they can. All other ways i would say are ilegal on thier part...but this is my interpertations and claim to be no expert, but hey if theres other legal ways, i can not even imagine.

someonecoolio

LOL -- didn't the originator of this post say they have been working with computers for several years ... then they break into this "waves" talk?

Anyhow, I cheat at Texas Holdem.  I have three browsers set up on my better machine and two on my slightly weaker computer.  Depending on how mean I'm feeling, I play 3 to 5 of the 6 seats in Texas Holdem.  Kinda stregnthens the odds in my favor.

And P.S. -- the P5 computer doesn't exist.  Not because I don't have one, but because I am educated and know so.

touitsjesse

I agree barbara...why would someone do it, guess most of us will never know, but i was told in my first week of of college, whe i was taking my computer classes...they said why people cheat and hack...because they can. For some it may be a means of having the highest token count, for some it may be gaining tokens to try and cash in to try and win one of the drawings, but i'd say for most its just because..I often wonder why they do it, but like i said, i guess most of us will never know.

I started this post becausei knew it would spark some interest an comcern maybe others had but was afraid to bring it up because of its sensitivity. i always stood up for what i believe in and i always will. I never meant to start the rumours flying or never said names or pointed blame to anyone. I never claimed to know it all just my many years of knowledge and hands on and know how..i still have lots to learn and i neve doubt or deny that.

But as with all other forums this is place to speak your mind on YOUR opinions to see if others share the same interest or concerns. I know over the last couple of weeks, i have probably read many differant concerns on this matter and have gladly taken in every one of them. Sadly to say for some, i still beleive what i want to believe and thats what makes me differant. If we all thought the same wouldnt this be the most boring place on earth? I rest my case on this matter and wil no longer try to badger, ridicule or even try to argue with anyone on this matter any longer. We beleive what we all want to believe and i would never say your opinion is totaly wrong because i know my opinions may be totaly wrong in your eyes.

goody1701d

Actually there are ways of viewing other player's hands, simply create a second club pogo account and watch the other player's using that one.  The easiest way to prevent it is to set up your own game and make sure that the box next to allow players to watch is unchecked, if your at a table where someone is watching hands you know who set up the table.

Barbara

I have no respect for people who cheat in the head to head games.

goody1701d

Neither do I, thats why I play the robots, they may have ungodly luck, but atleast I'm not loosing tokens because of it.

TexasGuy

Quote from: goody1701d on July 28, 2005, 07:52:27 AM
Actually there are ways of viewing other player's hands, simply create a second club pogo account and watch the other player's using that one.  The easiest way to prevent it is to set up your own game and make sure that the box next to allow players to watch is unchecked, if your at a table where someone is watching hands you know who set up the table.

If you watch someone in poker you cant see there cards, they are blocked out.

goody1701d

Quote from: TexasGuy on July 28, 2005, 07:31:04 PM
If you watch someone in poker you cant see there cards, they are blocked out.

Hmmm I could have sworn it allows the watcher to see the cards, doesn't matter I guess, but makes it kind of pointless to watch.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview