This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

computer trouble

Started by Bubbaslots,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbaslots

I hope someone can help me. I keep getting a message something about ddcman. It onlly happens when i play music in kaza, games online  etc.. and when i run auto's. when i reboot Iget a message before it shuts down saying something about ddcman. could not be read or missing. I seach ddcman on my computer and it can up. There must be a file missing in it. Is there anything i can do to my computer to fix this problem or down load it to replace the problem. I'm running xp windows..60 gb hard drive with 18 gb left over.  I reformat my computer 4 days ago and I still got the problem. I don't know much about computers.. PLEASE HELP

Homer

Your problem appears to be related to the use of Wild tangent game drivers. Check out the following link for information and removal instructions.

http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/253-p1.php

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Bubbaslots

Is it important to have homer? so do i try to deleate it or try to fix it.  thanks for responding

Homer

Wild Tangent drivers are used by internet gaming sites including pogo. Not all pogo games require them. Games like Need for Speed and a few others seem to use this driver. I see no harm in removing the drivers. This can be done from the control panel add/remove programs. Scroll down until you see Wild Tangent and remove it. The worse that can happen is that you will be prompted to reinstall the drivers. It's possible your current driver may have gone bad.

Dream Faerie

Homer? doesnt Kazza have spy/adware? Could that be the problem??

Homer

Yes, kazaa will eventually kill your computer with viruses and all kinds of nasty stuff. I did a google search on the specific code/error "ddcman" that Bubba was getting and the search results came up with the program from Wild Tangent which if I remember correctly I removed from my pc because one of my spyware programs recognized it as spyware.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Homer on January 28, 2005, 01:42:17 PM
Yes, kazaa will eventually kill your computer with viruses and all kinds of nasty stuff. I did a google search on the specific code/error "ddcman" that Bubba was getting and the search results came up with the program from Wild Tangent which if I remember correctly I removed from my pc because one of my spyware programs recognized it as spyware.

On my old computer, I kept getting Wild Tangent. I would remove it via my spy/adware removeal program & if I searched the web for any length of time, I would scan my computer again & BAM! I would have Wild Tangent again!!  >:(  There should be some type of law preventing spy/adware from being put on our computers without our knowledge  >:(

LustyPirateWench

I don't understand why people STILL use Kaaza - knowing that it's a huge spyware deal...

WinMX is the way to go :)

LPw...

Bubbaslots

thanks for the responses and help. I'm going to take it off today when i get a chance. It had me a bit worried because when the message comes up about ddcman it has something to do with my memory. God knows i hope it works. Have a great weekend all

Homer

Good Luck. Let me know if it worked for you. ;)

Dream Faerie

Quote from: LustyPirateWench on January 28, 2005, 09:20:32 PM
I don't understand why people STILL use Kaaza - knowing that it's a huge spyware deal...

WinMX is the way to go :)

LPw...

How is WinMX? How much does it cost? And how can you be sure there is no spy/adware on it? I am paranoid with my new computer  :(

LustyPirateWench

How is WinMX? How much does it cost? And how can you be sure there is no spy/adware on it? I am paranoid with my new computer  :(

Dream -

WinMX works wonderfully, I run it all the time. It's freeware - peer to peer software so you are downloading directly, and there is NO spyware at all or ad ware. I've never had a problem with it - and I run a pretty tight PC since I work from home on it and can't afford to pass anythng to the work network. It's at winmx.com so take a shot and look at it.

LPW...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview