PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 03:48:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw Detective is pretty flawed eh

Started by Cretick,

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretick

Jigsaw is probably the game I complain about the most... I lose progress constantly, don't get the puzzles it show the picture of, doesn't give me the clue puzzle when I can't progress further without it... and if I try to fix any of this by leaving, it just reset my progress  >:(

Not auto related, that's why I shoved it in this forum... am interested if anyone has found a way around these problems...

Mayhem

Jigsaw needs updating ... Joe is has decided to put that off for the next 2 days while he works on RoomRover 2.0

It appears to work fine if you have a p4 2.0+ with 512mb ram ... which pretty much cut's off 70% (if not more) of the auto users.

He did mention that it is priority #1 after the RR update.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Cretick

Oh I wasn't even referring to the auto's, I'm pretty quick with the puzzles so I like doing them myself  O0  Just meant that I've had a TON of progress problems and all I ever get from pogo is the standard autoreply... was wondering if anyone else has been having some problems like that (auto or not) with progress and puzzles loading... pogo claims they "fixed" the problem last november

Mayhem

Your right, I'm sorry. Just woke up from a catnap and just assumed ..  :-[
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

homelessdog

Do you have a firewall?

I play pogo most often while i'm at work and unfortunately my company has a firewall installed at the server end.  When I'm playing at work, I have lots of problems with Jigsaw Detective.  Sometimes it closes down "unable to connect" but more often it lets me play and play and loses my progress.  It's because of the firewall.  At home, where i have no firewall, I can play just fine and don't have any progress or connection problems. 

Cretick

Hmm, my firewall is off, but it's possible that my router's default firewall is the one messing with it... I'll look into that; thanks

Morgan

When you complete a puzzle hit go back to main... and click on change puzzle

Check to make sure that you have completed the unlocked Puzzle.

When you unlock a New puzzle. you must DO THAT PUZZLE  in order to advance.

I made this mistake in case one...and just kept playing and playing, with no progress, Thinking it was a Problem on Pogos end, and My game progress would eventually catch up to itself, Until someone pointed this out to me. havent had a problem since.

I hope this may be of help to your problem

Morgan

Cretick

Quote from: Morgan on March 13, 2005, 01:55:01 AM

When you unlock a New puzzle. you must DO THAT PUZZLE  in order to advance.

I made this mistake in case one...and just kept playing and playing, with no progress, Thinking it was a Problem on Pogos end, and My game progress would eventually catch up to itself, Until someone pointed this out to me. havent had a problem since.

I hope this may be of help to your problem

Morgan

Hmm... well I've done that, see the problem is that even if I MANUALLY go back and change it to the clue puzzle (it does it automatically when I reach it too), it will always load another puzzle, which I will get no credit for.  And it will continue doing this till I close the window, in which case I lose my progress of that session

homelessdog

Yep, that's the problem for me (with a firewall).  It often won't let me play the Clue Puzzles even when I manually select them. 

Cretick

Yeah my personal firewall is off, I think it must just be the router one messing me up... cant turn that off due to many people being on it ;)

Morgan

I have 2 Firewalls as well. one for my router and one for my PC as well. I never have to shut them off for any of the games.

I am sorry that I couldnt help with your problem.

Morgan

philinuk

this was on pogos community news today-

Jigsaw Detective Finds More Evidence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think you've seen everything there is to see in Jigsaw Detective, you'd better look again. It looks like all of those late night stakeouts have paid off. We've added 50% more photographs to the game. Play the game again and click on "Change Puzzle" to see what's new...

joeyblow45634

I'm too having problems with jigsaw detective. >:( It gives me the picture of the last puzzle I need to complete the stupid game and I've done 21 diffeent games already.  This is pissing me off.  I have no fire wall and I am not using and auto either.   I'm ready to scream!!!

Does any one have any suggestions?? I've tried every thing.

ppd323bmw

I play on the hard level & the only solution I found was to switch to med level & solve the clue puzzle on that level. You can switch back to hard after solving the clue puzzle..   

Hope it helps,

ppd323bmw

joeyblow45634

Hi I was wondering has any one experience any more problems with this game?? 
Has pogo fixed it so you can get to the last puzzle????
I was wondering because I'm trying to finish the case and I don't think I'm getting anywhere.  I don't want to keep going if I'm not going to get any where.

RocknRollGirl

I was having
Quote from: Mayhem on March 10, 2005, 08:11:03 PM
Jigsaw needs updating ... Joe is has decided to put that off for the next 2 days while he works on RoomRover 2.0

It appears to work fine if you have a p4 2.0+ with 512mb ram ... which pretty much cut's off 70% (if not more) of the auto users.

He did mention that it is priority #1 after the RR update.

joeyblow, This is what Mayhem posted in the forum on March 10, 2005.
Bree

RocknRollGirl

Sorry Barb and Joey.......read it wrong........I will never post again when I am tired......... :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview