This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Jigsaw Detector V4.0

Started by Buster,

Previous topic - Next topic

missy

I was running mine on fast earlier, but now on insane..it takes about 3-5 minutes to complete a puzzle.  personally, it doesn't matter how long it takes..just as long as the auto can complete the puzzle faster than me.  LOL 

reallyconfused

I have read all 3 pages of what everyone has suggested and tried everything. i have win xp and im on ie, screen @ 1024x768 and uncheck smooth edges thingy and nothing has changed....It still get the magnet, puts all the pieces to the bottom right, then stacks them in the middle and sits there. :'(

charliesowner

mine does too  :'(
Homer, you say to UNcheck smooth edges, but the posts from people who have it working ok say that smooth edges are CHECKED. Who is right?
All I have is a dot flying around the screen and a kitten sitting at my monitor trying to catch it ! ::)

Betty Boop

i will tell you what i have..........windows xp sp2  2.5 p4 with 512 mb ram.....

i run this on firefox browser.........1024 x 768      smooth edges checked.........and i run sun java and they just came out with a new update recently.....make sure that you are checking which browser you are running in the auto and i can run it on insane ....

i get the game up in the browser first with the puzzles pieces showing.....then i load the auto.........i turned off all my programs including antivirus..i had to play around with my settings before i got it to work

Iceman007

Only problem I'm having is that it will put half to 3/4 of the border together,then for some reason the magnet moves the whole border over and down a lil bit and the auto can't find to put the pieces together.Anyone else having this problem?

Thunder

i got the 4.o or whatever it is to work on my computer the other ones wouldnt work but this one is great i unchecked smoth edges and used fire fox and i am soo happy i have my money order in the mail box and will wate for my password in aprox 4 or 5 days thank you for this wonderfull auto :)

Iceman007

Coool. I'm on AOL,but downloaded Firefox.Iminimize aol,so that only firefox is showing.I load the room for jigsaw and keep getting errors,applet corrupted,running programs that are interferring etc.I added pogo to my allow list for pop ups.Anyone have any other advise?

missy

Hey Iceman.  I had the same problem.  It starts sorting the pieces then it has glitched where it put the left side pieces in the wrong pile and it tries the same three pieces over and over again.  For me, I had to load IE....unselect my Sun Java...and then when I loaded the game in IE..it worked perfect.  Hope this helps. 

DLM_SkyShroud

I got Jigsaw 4 to work (the first version that works for me) and here's some stuff that might help.

Win XP Home SP2 (fully updated), Pentium 4 Mobile 2.7ghz, 512mb RAM, 1024x768, Radeon 9500 Mobile 16mb DDR, works both with smooth fonts on and off...

Now, the auto will not work for me at all in Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 running Sun Java 5.0. In the auto, all of the speed settings give the same result. Selecting 'slow' makes the auto still run on insane, which my computer just can't keep up with. The auto tries to sort the pieces to fast and the lag just kills everything.

Using Internet Explorer and MS JVM, I have no problems at all. The speed setting actually works, and the auto is able to run even on insane speed.

Here is my second computer. Athlon 1.0gh, 512mb RAM, 1024x768, Radeon 9000 Pro 64mb DDR. Will not run using Firefox 1.0.1 and Sun Java 5.0 because of the afore-mentioned speed setting issue. The system won't allow me to install MS JVM for some odd reason, but will work in Internet Explorer with the Sun Java.

In conclusion, my results were:
(Laptop) Firefox 1.0.1 + Sun Java 5.0 - No Luck!
(Laptop) Internet Explorer + MS JVM - Success!
(Desktop) Firefox 1.0.1 + Sun Java 5.0 - Success!

Go figure. :-\ Hope this helps somebody.

Iceman007

Ty I'll try those suggestions.Are either of you running AOL as myself or another ISP? That might be my problem as I'm on AOL,but will use IE or Firefox.Maybe too much running.

missy

I took Homer's advice.  the only thing I have running is the game..in IE...and the auto.

Yea...I'm on my laptop and with Sun Java it can't keep up. 

lilgreenfrog

DL'd this and love it! Works wonderfully. Awesome! I really detest doing these ugly puzzles. I can't wait til I'm able to register this DL, and a couple others. You programmers amaze me...thanks for using your talents.
1) Operating system - Win XP; Service Pack 1; 512 MB of RAM
2) Browser - Internet Explorer
3) Color setting - 32 bit
4) Screen resolution - 1024x768
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts - checked
6) What Java you are using - sun java
DSL hook-up
I don't touch the mouse
Insane on Medium difficulty...a little over 3 minutes a puzzle. Gotta luv it!!!

reallyconfused

I have got 1-5 same as lil green frog but im kinda an idiot with this java thing. how do you tell which one im using.? Every program runs great except the jigsaw 4, it is the only one im have problems with.
All it does is use the magnet and put al the pieces to the buttom right, then restacks them in the middle and sits there. I think im just gonna give up on ever getting the badges for them.  :'(  :'(

texan

Mine works great!!! ;D  I had no trouble with it at all

Homer

Quote from: reallyconfused on April 05, 2005, 09:18:24 AM
I have got 1-5 same as lil green frog but im kinda an idiot with this java thing. how do you tell which one im using.? Every program runs great except the jigsaw 4, it is the only one im have problems with.
All it does is use the magnet and put al the pieces to the buttom right, then restacks them in the middle and sits there. I think im just gonna give up on ever getting the badges for them.  :'(  :'(

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced in Internet Explorer scroll down you'll see it.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Iceman007

Maybe my problem is running AOL browser? Seems everyone is getting jigsaw to work,but me  :(   Ohh well.

orion42

sorry homer trying to get 4.0 to work  :o its not putting pices in right pile ?

internet explorer
32 bit color
smoth ediges checked
sun java
dsl conection
1024x768
have program set on medium
windows xp pro

anything you can think of thank you very much
orion42 8)

Homer

Try usinf firefox browser and uncheck smooth edges.

Iceman007

Homer is there a trick to getting the room too load? I tried using firefox browser with aol minimized.Always get applet error.Not enough memory etc.I tried msn with firefox too,both javas,smooth edges checked and unchecked,disabling my anti virus.Anything else you can think of?

Homer

Loads fine here. You could try clearing your cache and see if that helps.

Pogo is acting up a bit today. Could be them as well. :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview