PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 06:04:41 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

"New" Madjong question

Started by Capt. Morgan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Morgan

Hi Class
I downloaded the new Madjong when it came out.
The next day Oscar said there was an even newer one.
The newer runs great but here is my question.
It will load the pattern and then immediately reload the pattern.
It does not show up in my stats as a loss just loads the pattern twice.
Is this normal ?
Just wondering because this auto rocks.

BigByrd

Also, right now it is getting about 67% of the puzzles.  It has trouble completing the the rat, monkey, and rooster.  I will play the game myself for now.  I am quicker.

BadgeHelpOscar

1. Big Byrd, you are the man, or the woMAN, whichever applies. Autos were created for people that wanted to wake up to a jackpot or rise in levels while they actually went and did something else. We honestly don't sit around and ponder how we can outwit "bigbyrd play" when we make these.
2. In response to your question Cap'n.....This is normal to load it twice. We did that intentionally.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Jeffer

That's a point that some people don't get.  The point of an auto is to get rid of the drudgery of playing game after game.  Not to instantly win every game.  Or to win Every game Every time.

A lot of the autos play better than me.  But even when they don't I'll use them because while I enjoy playing, I don't want to spend hours a day playing them. Or there are games where I can do better than the auto, but I simply loathe the game.  Dice Derby is a perfect example.  I can play better than the auto (after the first round), but do I really want to spend 4 hours playing a game I hate for a badge, when 5 of a kind will do the same work in 6 while I sleep?

If you are concerned about your winning percentage, and you can do better than the auto then play it yourself.  If you want levels and badges, and want to spend your time on Pogo playing the games you WANT to play then thats where an auto is invaluable...

I'm not trying to bust on anyone.  I'm just trying to elaborate on the point that Oscar just made regarding the purpose and usefullness of autos.

Homer

Could you imagine how much time it would take to play every game manually for the ranks and badges? :o

It would probably take years. :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Motley

Yes, years if you hate the game.  Months if you like the game.  I fall into the latter.  I did do the game manually and I wish they'd add more badges because I do miss playing the game.  But, I do have other badges to work on.

Capt. Morgan

Thanks Oscar
Auto runs great just wanted to know if the double load was normal.

BigByrd

I was concerned because the old program worked better for me.  I don't mind playing the game, but there are other things I don't like about this particular program.

Also, I am trained to find faults with programs anyway, and I'm a perfectionist, but I won't mention the other things I don't like about this program, cause I sense ya'll don't want to know. 

BigByrd

I just want to add something else here after rereading the comments.    I want to work the game faster not slower.  With the old program, I did 20 years in hours.  It's a lot slower than that with this program.  I'm just very frustrated to see that it will get a new game five times before it completes one, and that takes time.

Barbara

Big B, I appreciate your comments and your customer feedback.  If you don't speak up about what is not working for you then improvements will never be made.

BigByrd

Thanks, but I felt little attacked, and I didn't mean anything about the auto being bad, it's just not working good enough for me.  I would like to be able to pause it, complete the puzzle if I have to, without having to close the auto and reopen it.

Magjong-0-Matic would attempt to complete the puzzle by clicking undo, and sometimes it worked and sometimes it got stuck.  But you could pause the thing, undo a few times yourself, and finish the puzzle.

Madjong just clicks new puzzle, and I'm not fast enough to click pause, at that point, and if you do pause a game, you have to close out the program and restart it.  Just too much stuff to do.  I usually babysit my auto's, but yesterday, I left it running for two hours without supervision and it didn't even complete one zodiac (12 puzzles).

Barbara

I completely understand, and I am glad that you spoke up. 

avs1roy33

I'm sure that badgehelp knows about the problems and is working on them.

Barbara

Every auto made needs customer feedback.  The programmers need to hear what is and what is not happening with the customers to improve the autos and to make them user friendly.

avs1roy33

Barbara

That's what your mini told my mini.  Now my mini knows   :)   Thanks!

lori

lol, i know the thread has gone a little off, and this is no where near close, but.... man, you should have been here when they made the auto for the sims virtual date. It was mind boggling how incredible that program worked. I knew that the game was a temporary, but bought the auto anyway just because i was so impressed. lmao, like i said, this really has nothing to do with this particular thread, but it came to mind while reading. I am so hoping the bring back the svd next year just so i can sit and watch this auto do it's thing again.

BigByrd

I have that auto and many others.  Yes the Sims virtual date worked great, but I'm not really interested in tokens, and I really wish madjong would quit getting a new puzzle with less than 20 pieces le ;D

Mrkrackers2678

All i get is errors on it it wont even load.... wonders why personally i like the old one it worked GREAT for me and this one isnt working or loading. >:(

Homer

Please make sure to give as much information as you can when you have technical problems.

Here are some things that will help:

1) Operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP etc)
2) Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, Opera etc)
3) Color setting (24 bit, 32 bit etc)
4) Screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768)
5) Smooth edges of screen fonts checked or unchecked
6) What Java you are using
7) Is anything at all happening when you start the program

You get the idea the more information the better.

Please don't post something like this:
I'm using X program and it's not working, please help me!
We can't read your mind and we're not sitting at your computer to see what's going on, so please don't expect anyone to have an answer to a question like that.
Thanks

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview