This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stellar Sweeper

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

I know these badges have already been posted on another topic here somewhere. I apologize if this is already posted somewhere and I just can't find it right now.

I am soooo looking foward to stellar sweeper. When I first got a computer I was introduced to minesweeper. Every puter has minesweeper. It can be an addictive little game. I expect this will be a big time favorite of mine.  So if you have never played minesweeper, check it out on the games your puter came with. It's pretty much going to be the same thing with different designs. (and 5 nice badges)

Adacia

Here's the rank badges again. I know they have been posted here somewhere, but may as well put them here too as the topic is stellar sweeper. :)

wattsmyname

WindSong

I have played minesweeper for hours and hours ... very addictive!  That was way back when ..... before my pogo days.  This should be a favorite of mine also.

PogoNutz

Most of the games I liked before Pogo put out their version are still good, but seem to be dummied down able to allow you win easier.  An example is the WCS where they let you shuffle the deck, or pull extra cards. 

I really enjoyed Minesweeper, and with the badges, I'll be able to justify the time spent playing it :)

Adacia

Quote from: Mr. Bill on September 27, 2005, 08:51:31 AM
Most of the games I liked before Pogo put out their version are still good, but seem to be dummied down able to allow you win easier.  An example is the WCS where they let you shuffle the deck, or pull extra cards. 

I really enjoyed Minesweeper, and with the badges, I'll be able to justify the time spent playing it :)
I completely agree Mr. Bill.  Pogo made mahjong quite easy. Stellar sweeper will have the hints and such, so it will be toned down a great deal in difficulty. In minesweeper, one wrong move and it's game over lol. It's a great strategy game and I'll be keeping my game level on hard or expert if it has that difficulty. Probaly good for faster ranking as well.  While I love a serious challenge, pogo does tend to make a game in ways that all age groups are suited for it. That's a good thing though.

notmypogoname

"Me too."

I never liked minesweeper until I discovered the medium and hard levels (yes, I'm slow sometimes).

Someone actually wrote a fan fiction story about minesweeper.  It's a really funny story too.  I'll try to find the link and post it here if anyone is interested.

bubblegum

how do you get a fan fiction story out of minesweeper? Love to read the story.  Stellar Sweeper looks like fun.  Lets hope like someone else said pogo doesn't screw this up.

notmypogoname

LOL... I said the same thing.  "Who would write a story about Minesweeper?"  But when I went looking for the link, there are like 60 stories on there.  Anyway you can read it at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1106180/1/

It's pretty funny.

Godel

Yea, I freggin love mine sweeper, I don't think there should be an auto for this game, it's like making an auto for tetris.  BTW, if pogo ever makes a tetris game, autos will be useless, there are people WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than anything programmed when it comes to tetris.

Here are my times in mine sweeper, for competition if anyone is intrested.

Beginner- 8 Seconds (don't be discouraged here)
Intermediate- 62 Seconds
Expert- 192 Seconds(!!!) (This is a VERY hard time to beat, my brother pulled a 156 though, lmao....i think he was talking on the phone too)

Adacia

That's a very awesome time Godel! I pulled a 212 on expert once and was very proud of myself. This is going to be a game that people will either love or hate. I think it'll be a huge hit myself. With games like this, I will only play expert level. I enjoy a real challenge. Maybe this is why I haven't wandered into Harvest Mania to get that last badge hee hee. Games like Harvest and Stack 'Em annoy me to no end. I truly would rather play Greenback Bayou.

Well, just rambling really. That is a terrfic time and given those stats, I know you will enjoy this game big time. 

I know there's a policy here about posting links so I won't. I'll just say (if interested) do a google search for online minesweeper. There's an awesome downloadable version that I've had on my desktop for a few years. It's free and has beautiful graphics and background. There are also different settings and themes you gain by progressing in levels.

Gonna go hit some pogo for a bit. Þ

Pogo Dalek

Quote from: Godel on September 28, 2005, 09:27:39 PM
Yea, I freggin love mine sweeper, I don't think there should be an auto for this game, it's like making an auto for tetris. BTW, if pogo ever makes a tetris game, autos will be useless, there are people WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than anything programmed when it comes to tetris.

Here are my times in mine sweeper, for competition if anyone is intrested.

Beginner- 8 Seconds (don't be discouraged here)
Intermediate- 62 Seconds
Expert- 192 Seconds(!!!) (This is a VERY hard time to beat, my brother pulled a 156 though, lmao....i think he was talking on the phone too)

Anyone Who played Tetris in the early 90's would be a Super Tertris Expert! Yup, you wouldnt need a auto for Tetris!

bubblegum

one game I'd like to see pogo try is Chinese checkers or frogger, but they'd prob screw it up with ugly arse badges.

Godel

No, I actually started playing tetris serously around 2002.  My records in tetris is:

45:00 game time
1064 Lines in single game

Yeah, I was born in the early 90's

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview