PlayBuddy
April 30, 2024, 09:13:02 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Entering a contest without really entering?

Started by Corinne,

Previous topic - Next topic

Corinne

The other day I noticed my mini had a mad face on. It took me by surprise since I dont ever save that feature on her. I changed my pw just in case. Then yesterday I opened up an email from pogo about a contest i supposedly entered. I had never entered any contest with my tokens. (i am token selfish) Again I changed my pw. I dont know how anyone could have gotten my pw. I have never given it out. I also have firewalls and good antivirus. Can anyone else explain why this is happening to me?

*Angel*

I am sorry this has happened to you.  I don't know how someone could be getting your password.  Do you also use something to remove spyware?

Corinne

*Angel*

I am sorry but I don't know.  I am sure someone may have an answer for you soon.  Your avatar is very cute btw.

Corinne

Well thank you anyway and thank you for the compliment on the avatar... I call him Kermit the Cat! LOL ;D

BoJangles

Helen

It seems that it may be a glitch in Pogo. It's already happened to me twice that when I sign out for the evening and come back the next morning and sign in with my screen name and password, someone else's account comes up. I don't know if Pogo is doing this to see if we'll mess with the other person's account or what. I immediately log out of that account and log back into mine and it's ok. Luckily I haven't had it happen to me in reverse (that I know of anyhow). Each time that it has happened, I change my password.
Other than what has happened to me, I don't know what to tell you.

cranky

kermit the cat that is too funny i also got an email from pogo saying u have reached 5 millions tokens a new lifetime i reached 5millions tokens a long time ago im almost 20 now i figure that was strange

Corinne

Quote from: Helen on January 11, 2006, 02:05:40 PM
It seems that it may be a glitch in Pogo. It's already happened to me twice that when I sign out for the evening and come back the next morning and sign in with my screen name and password, someone else's account comes up. I don't know if Pogo is doing this to see if we'll mess with the other person's account or what. I immediately log out of that account and log back into mine and it's ok. Luckily I haven't had it happen to me in reverse (that I know of anyhow). Each time that it has happened, I change my password.
maybe thats what happened to my account...i guess i am lucky that all they messed with was my minis facial expression and the one drawing... Hmm i didnt even notice any tokens were missing. Must not have entered too many times!!!

Helen

Quote from: Corinne on January 11, 2006, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: Helen on January 11, 2006, 02:05:40 PM
maybe thats what happened to my account...i guess i am lucky that all they messed with was my minis facial expression and the one drawing... Hmm i didnt even notice any tokens were missing. Must not have entered too many times!!!

Good thing that was all they messed with.

huggybear

Good thing you noticed that id keep track of how often it happens, Hopefully it doesnt happen again

ME4SPADES_

i do say i do like the cat in his wear but how long before he/she had it off

Corinne

Not sure its not my cat...my cat would have kicked my butt if i had tried that!! :o

DeadSet

You'd be suprised how much information (screenname/password, personal info, etc.) can be obtain without really putting that much effort into if you're a hacker. Really, that only occurs if you have enemies, and you don't seem like the kind of person who would.

-dS

BoJangles

Corinne

Quote from: DeadSet on January 12, 2006, 08:57:36 PM
You'd be suprised how much information (screenname/password, personal info, etc.) can be obtain without really putting that much effort into if you're a hacker. Really, that only occurs if you have enemies, and you don't seem like the kind of person who would.

-dS
Yea I like to think I am a nice person. I am however very sarcastic which makes peole mad sometimes. but its all in good fun!! :P

~Ãutolovér~

Yea I like to think I am a nice person. I am however very sarcastic which makes peole mad sometimes. but its all in good fun!! :P

LOL I'm the same, I always try to be nice....BUT I can be very sarcastic but alot of times they don't even pick it  ;D >:D

Lynne

my fiancee said that someone could have put a key logger on your computer..in other words to check what you type ..pw sn, web sites and so on.... not that it helps you any but that is what it sounds like

justahumping

I had a so called 'friend' that put one of those on my computer,  I found it and I was pissed to say the least.  It catches everything that you type!........  I wish I could remember what that file was called, but I think there are a lot of those out that. I do not think that spy ware will catch them either.  I do not know that to be fact tho?........

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview