This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bowling - General Info & Ranks

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

mailwench

O0 Thanx Hades...I can't wait till this game comes out...I love bowling!!!!

Libra

Quote from: mailwench on March 27, 2006, 11:59:43 AM

It'll probably be out before Shufflebump.

Thanks, Hades! O0

Helen

Quote from: SunnyLibra on March 27, 2006, 12:07:47 PM
Quote from: mailwench on March 27, 2006, 11:59:43 AM

It'll probably be out before Shufflebump.

Thanks, Hades! O0

Good!! I gave up waiting for Shufflebump.  :)) :)) :))

slidecage2222

now that SHUFFLE  is out  now the  WAITING For bowling  begins

Anyone want to take a guess at release date

I would say  Mid to late  May

hades

slidecage2222

Quote from: hades on April 04, 2006, 01:20:06 PM
the site said summertime.

thanks for the info... i was hoping it would been may.....    Any word on other games  that are being  worked out... it would seem  werid that   pogo would put nothing out between   April  to summer

this is the only game  i have heard of  (not counting  make overs)

hades

this is what a beta tester was saying about bowling  :P

you get a spin by bowling a 150.  it is very easy to get that high of score and once this game comes out I will post my tip guide wit pictures on how to get at least a 200 every game ( I was to the point were I could get 4-300 games in a ROW).  Unless the have changed the game since I was kicked, it is very easy....but it is, I feel, the BEST game to EVER go to pogo (easy even  better than the great Word Riot!) just because everything about it is perfect, colors, sound, images, scoring, stats, everything!  I can't wait for this game!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: hades on April 05, 2006, 02:34:12 PM
this is what a beta tester was saying about bowling  :P

you get a spin by bowling a 150.  it is very easy to get that high of score and once this game comes out I will post my tip guide wit pictures on how to get at least a 200 every game ( I was to the point were I could get 4-300 games in a ROW).  Unless the have changed the game since I was kicked, it is very easy....but it is, I feel, the BEST game to EVER go to pogo (easy even  better than the great Word Riot!) just because everything about it is perfect, colors, sound, images, scoring, stats, everything!  I can't wait for this game!

Even better than Word Riot?!?!?!? If so, I just found my new favorite game on Pogo and right now Shuffle Bumps is moving up that list!

Mary

hades

Mary

hades

it would be cool if you get a special badge for a 300 game  :P

Ethan_Hawley

I think of 'The Big Lebowski' everytime this game is mentioned.  Can't WAIT for this game.

OVER THE LINE!!

hades

i found out the info on gameplay...and its going to be called pogo bowl  ::)

How To Play Pogo Bowl

Pogo Bowl is a multi-player Bowling simulation in which you try to knock down as many pins as you can on each frame to earn the highest score possible. Scoring is handled in the same way as it is in real life bowling, with score bonuses being awarded for strikes and spares. For each pin you knock down, you earn 1 point. You can score as many as 300 points (a "Perfect" game) by getting nothing but Strikes for a whole game. Pogo Bowl also allows you to earn bonus points by knocking down special pins on certain frames or being the only player in the room to bowl a Strike.

Gameplay

Playing the Game
Pogo Bowl provides a simple but powerful interface to make your shots. Start out by moving the mouse left or right to get the ball into the desired position. Once you have the ball where you want it, click on the ball to set the position. While holding the mouse button down, drag the mouse up into the lane area - you will notice a pointer being drawn as you do this. Move the pointer to the desired location, then release the mouse button to initiate the throw. The faster you move the mouse and release the mouse button, the faster your throw will be. If you pause before throwing, the pointer will "cool" down (denoted by the change in color from red to yellow) and your throw will be slower.

You can bowl a maximum of two balls per frame from frames 1-9, and a maximum of three balls on the 10th frame. The following results are possible:

* If you knock down all of the pins on your first throw, you get a Strike. A Strike is worth 10 points plus whatever you bowl on your next two throws.
    * If you knock down some (or none) of the pins on your first throw and knock down the remaining pins on the next throw, you get a Spare. A Spare is worth 10 points plus whatever you bowl on your next throw.
    * If you knock down some (or none) of the pins on your first throw and are unable to knock down the remaining pins on the next throw, you are considered to have bowled an "open" frame. Bowling an open frame hurts your ability to get high scores, but you can usually recover by bowling Strikes and Spares.

On the 10th frame (and only on the 10th frame), it is possible to throw three balls instead of two. If you Strike on your first throw or Spare on your second throw, you will get two more throws. The maximum score you can reach in one game (also known as a "Perfect" game) is 300 points. At the end of each game, the number of pins you knock down is converted into Tokens at a 1:1 ratio. On top of this, you can earn more Tokens for knocking down bonus pins or winning the Strike it Rich bonus. You can read more about these in the other sections of the help file.

Quick Tip: To get consistent scores, try to find a shot that knocks down most or all of the pins each time you throw the ball. If you can recreate a good shot, your chances of getting a high score are very good. You can also help yourself by leaving simple spares. Complicated spares occur when the ball "gets away" from you. It's almost impossible to avoid these moments, but try to keep them to a minimum if you can.

Spin
Although you do not have to apply spin to bowl well, Pogo Bowl simulates part of real-life Bowling by allowing you to add spin to your shot. However, unlike real Bowling, you can impart spin on the ball at any time after you've thrown the ball (but before it impacts with the pins).

Once you have released the ball, you can click and hold the left or right mouse buttons to add spin to the ball. The left mouse button imparts left spin (which makes the ball eventually curve to the left) while the right mouse button imparts right spin (which makes the ball eventually curve to the right). Depending on the speed of the ball, the spin may take effect sooner or later and may be more or less exaggerated - you'll have to experiment with the direction and speed of your shots as well as the amount of spin to perfect your throws, but it can help you get more pin "action" on impact or, even more importantly, alter the path of a poorly thrown ball.

Scoring and Ranks
Bonus Pins
Once per game (at random), you will have the opportunity to earn bonus Tokens by knocking down a special pin. These pins will always appear somewhere in the visible front row of pins, allowing you to spot them easily in case you miss the notification message and/or audio cue. Silver pins are far more common than Gold pins, but Gold pins are worth more bonus Tokens. The values change depending on the circumstances of knocking them down:

Silver pin - Strike: 25 Tokens
Silver pin - Spare: 15 Tokens
Silver pin - Open frame: 5 Tokens

Gold pin - Strike: 100 Tokens
Gold pin - Spare: 50 Tokens
Gold pin - Open frame: 25 Tokens

Ranks
Note: Ranks are only for Club Pogo players!

Pogo Bowl has 50 ranks that you can earn as you progress through the game. Your rank is located on the wall on the right side of the screen, just above the ball rack. You can click on the rank image at any time during the game to check your progress towards the next rank.

Each time you earn a Jackpot Spin, you are awarded rank points towards the next rank. There are 5 rank badges you can win in Pogo Bowl. The badges are given out when you achieve ranks 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50. Also, each time you earn a new rank badge, you are awarded with a new ball.

JACKPOT

When you complete a game with a score of 150 or better, the Jackpot spinner will spin.

Bree

Great info Hades and thanks for sharing it with us.... O0

hades

Bree

The name is "Play Pogo Bowl" instead of just plain old Bowling Game.... :))

SouthPadreIsland

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview