PlayBuddy
June 06, 2024, 03:54:55 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Help With Badges/Challenges

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: apple on January 19, 2009, 11:00:46 PM
im not gonna name names on here but a cple weeks i gave someone my pw to get badges and i then found today charges on my account from pogo items

OMG!  What a betrayal of your trust!  I'm sorry, Apple - it stinks when people take advantage that way.  I know there are people that you have used in the past for help with challenges and I think all went well.  Try to stick to those who are proven to be trustworthy.   What a p.i.t.a. to try to clear that mess up.  I hope it goes easily for you.  ((((((((Apple))))))))))

apple

strange thing is i got no email etc i never thought to remove payment options thought i cld trust people i not sure now what to do hope the person who did it is happy all i say to everyone be careful i always change pw after but this was during th e  time they said they where getting badge so cldnt change then

Hocky

Karma is a b*tch and it will come back and bite them in the arse apple...I hope you can take comfort in knowing that it will come back and haunt that person that did you wrong like that.  I am a firm believer in that.  Someday....somewhere...someway....that person will get theirs.  It may not be payback to you....but the person that did you wrong will be wronged in the future and will find out exactly how it feels.
:(

kim23il

Apple so Sorry Hun, You never gave me the info to help you with badges last week. I have helped you a few times in the past though. I did manage yo get one of the badges done and 1/3 of another. I hope this never happens to you again.

PogoKaz

im not gonna name names on here but a cple weeks i gave someone my pw to get badges and i then found today charges on my account from pogo items i called up pogo and they told me when they where charged etc and what they where for and i didnt buy these items and dont have them but they told me it was my fault as i must have given pw out now i scared to get help and i love this site

So sorry this has happened to you Apple, its digusting that someone will do this to your account :(
I've helped you loads of times in the past with all 3 accounts, so if you need any help in the future pm me direct .

Tara

im not gonna name names on here but a cple weeks i gave someone my pw to get badges and i then found today charges on my account from pogo items i called up pogo and they told me when they where charged etc and what they where for and i didnt buy these items and dont have them but they told me it was my fault as i must have given pw out now i scared to get help and i love this site

That is horrible and I'm sorry that happened to you. I've done badges for you before and a lot of other people here. I never look at any of there stuff. I just do the badges and delete my cookies. I don't save passwords or even their screennames. I have no reason to screw anyone over. If I were you I would delete all your personal information in your pogo account anyways. You can still play pogo without all that in there. Anyways, I just got up and will start that name you sent me. Again, I'm sorry to hear that. :((

apple

thanks everyone for kindness i have trusted everyone here and all but one have screwed me over but it sucks cause it always that one that make u doubt everyone else i know most who have helped in past i have and will still trust anyone new that asks to help i will have to decline i have now deleted all info from account now thnks Tara for helping with badge mostly everone on here is amazing excet that loser who did it to me but it is true i believe in karma too

Stinkerbell

Quote from: apple on January 20, 2009, 05:35:17 AM
thanks everyone for kindness i have trusted everyone here and all but one have screwed me over but it sucks cause it always that one that make u doubt everyone else i know most who have helped in past i have and will still trust anyone new that asks to help i will have to decline i have now deleted all info from account now thnks Tara for helping with badge mostly everone on here is amazing excet that loser who did it to me but it is true i believe in karma too

I'm sorry you had a problem... how sad  6_6.gif  It's true, most people on here are good and honest, but we all do need to be careful.  When I help someone, I immediately delete their information from the PMs and never save it on my computer.  I hope you'll continue to trust those who have been around awhile, but can understand if you don't.  What a shame :(

arniebear

Sorry apple that this has happened to you, it is hard when you lose trust in people.  Wish there was something more I could say to make you feel better........but good luck and god bless.

~Sassy~

Apple...I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. It is hard when you put your trust in someone and have them betray you. I too wish there was more I could say to make you feel better. I have helped a lot of people with their badges on here and after I finish their badge or badges I remove their information from my computer. I do let them know I will help again but that they will need to resend the information to me. Good luck sweetie.

Tracey

i agree sassy .. when people do the badges for people they should remove the info from the computer ..but apple we all are very sorry this has happened to you ... i hope you dont get anyone else like that do that to you again ... xoxoxo

apple

i always delete the info from my computer too when i help anyone there will be some people i will sstill trust just not anyone who hasnt helped me in past

Squid

How does one remove name from the Pogo sign-in page.  When I signed up, I tried MANY user names and they were all taken.  They are nonetheless saved and I would like to delete them.  Anyone know how?

apple

Squid

That doesn't remove the list of names in the drop-down list on the sign-in page.  I keep my computer very tidy; the process has never removed the names.

arniebear

In Firefox, under Tools tab choose clear out private date when screen pops up make sure you check cookies too........of course you will loose any you want but this clears out private data.  In IE choose Tools and the Internet Options and then Clear History.  If you are running XP go into you Accessories Folder then System Tools and choose Disk Cleanup this will get rid of Internet Files.  If you have a spyware cleaner this will get rid of private data too.

disneyland lady

In IE you can go down the list of names in a toggle down list while clicking on the DELETE button on your keyboard. Unfortunately it takes one click per name but any toggle down list can be cleared this way. I use it quite frequently on SEARCH on eBay cuz I want access to older searches but not all of them.

The other thing is when I have someone help me on a game - which I just had done - I change my password to my regular name - then upon completion I change back to my old password which no one has. Safer than giving out your password to anyone you have not borned or slept with.

arniebear

QuoteThe other thing is when I have someone help me on a game - which I just had done - I change my password to my regular name - then upon completion I change back to my old password which no one has. Safer than giving out your password to anyone you have not borned or slept with.

I agree, changing up you password every once in awhile is a good thing........I change it regularly for my PayPal account, you just can't chance it anymore.  Sad to say  :((

apple

i always change pw but it didnt do me no good this time

Squid

Quote from: arniebear on January 21, 2009, 05:03:07 AM
In Firefox, under Tools tab choose clear out private date when screen pops up make sure you check cookies too........of course you will loose any you want but this clears out private data.  In IE choose Tools and the Internet Options and then Clear History.  If you are running XP go into you Accessories Folder then System Tools and choose Disk Cleanup this will get rid of Internet Files.  If you have a spyware cleaner this will get rid of private data too.
Quote from: disneyland lady on January 21, 2009, 06:41:14 AM
In IE you can go down the list of names in a toggle down list while clicking on the DELETE button on your keyboard. Unfortunately it takes one click per name but any toggle down list can be cleared this way. I use it quite frequently on SEARCH on eBay cuz I want access to older searches but not all of them.

The other thing is when I have someone help me on a game - which I just had done - I change my password to my regular name - then upon completion I change back to my old password which no one has. Safer than giving out your password to anyone you have not borned or slept with.

Thanks, kids!  I appreciate the info.  I happen to use IE, for the most part, so I tried that route and it worked!  Whodathunk??  The delete button!   :-[

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview