PlayBuddy
April 30, 2024, 10:10:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Deadwood 2006 Season

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

:'((  I am so sad about Ellsworth!  Poor Sophia...

...and the sexual tension/energy between Alma and Seth is intense.  I so heart his character...

What the eff was up with Sy? 

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on August 20, 2006, 07:38:43 PM

...and the sexual tension/energy between Alma and Seth is intense.  I so heart his character...

hes into sadistic chit....he likes to hurt himself ,hurt others...hes into pain n blood and crap like that....if he hurts Joanie hes gonna get shredded alive by half the camp....I hate his evil sneer don't you....but I tell Powers Booth has that guy down pat!

foxx

Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:25:04 PM

hes into sadistic chit....he likes to hurt himself ,hurt others...hes into pain n blood and crap like that....if he hurts Joanie hes gonna get shredded alive by half the camp....I hate his evil sneer don't you....but I tell Powers Booth has that guy down pat!

I have always hated Powers Boothe...He is not winning me over with this part!  He freaks me right the eff out...and I agree...If he hurt Joanie...It would be about 4 seconds before Jane or Charlie ripped his head off...

I still can't understand why he freaked out like that though.  Normally, he only lashes out when he can't express his actual emotions...Do you think he was saddened by Ellsworth's death?

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on August 20, 2006, 08:32:53 PM

I have always hated Powers Boothe...He is not winning me over with this part!  He freaks me right the eff out...and I agree...If he hurt Joanie...It would be about 4 seconds before Jane or Charlie ripped his head off...

I still can't understand why he freaked out like that though.  Normally, he only lashes out when he can't express his actual emotions...Do you think he was saddened by Ellsworth's death?

NOT at all....he knows the retaliation from Al's camp is gonna interfer with his plans that hes trying to make with Hearst.....see Sy knows what Hearst doesn't ,cause Hearst has his head up his own azz as a lot of rich powerful people do.....Al has a small but mighty army of loyal people who are gonna make mincemeat out of Mr.Hearst and Sy knows it and knows he can't do much to stop it....but I am sure he will try....

foxx

Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:40:39 PM

NOT at all....he knows the retaliation from Al's camp is gonna interfer with his plans that hes trying to make with Hearst.....see Sy knows what Hearst doesn't ,cause Hearst has his head up his own azz as a lot of rich powerful people do.....Al has a small but mighty army of loyal people who are gonna make mincemeat out of Mr.Hearst and Sy knows it and knows he can't do much to stop it....but I am sure he will try....

Ah ha...good point.
I think Hearst is coming to realize the point you made about the camp loyalty.  I think he's a bit freaked out.

Kelly

lol@Foxx.....the very fact that freaks you out means he is playing the role perfectly.....David Milch is a freakin genius he is the creator, executive producer and head writer of the show.....

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on August 20, 2006, 08:43:13 PM
Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:40:39 PM

Ah ha...good point.
I think Hearst is coming to realize the point you made about the camp loyalty.  I think he's a bit freaked out.

yes when he was looking out his window talkin to that guy he hired to kill Ellsworth....he said "I shouldn't be in a place like this...its beneath me" or something to that effect....but also it could mean he is so full of himself he might never see it coming....thats what I hope happens.....boy will Wu's pigs ever have indigestion from that blowhard....lmbo!!!

foxx

Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:46:41 PM
lol@Foxx.....the very fact that freaks you out means he is playing the role perfectly.....David Milch is a freakin genius he is the creator, executive producer and head writer of the show.....

He is good in that role...but I don't think he is a very good actor, normally!

Milch is a genius...I don't understand why the show has to end with a measly half a season though...

lmao @ Wu's pigs...but, like Al said...if you kill him, his investors will just send someone to replace him...

Kelly

Quote from: foxx on August 20, 2006, 08:54:47 PM
Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 08:46:41 PM

He is good in that role...but I don't think he is a very good actor, normally!

Milch is a genius...I don't understand why the show has to end with a measly half a season though...

lmao @ Wu's pigs...but, like Al said...if you kill him, his investors will just send someone to replace him...

Hey you know the actor who plays Hearst used to be or still is dunno married to Delta Burke....member her on Designing Women

momoftwo

Quote from: Kelly on August 20, 2006, 07:07:49 PM
OMG what an awesome episode...but sad.....Poor Elsworth...I just had a feeling it would be him....the way Seth came running back to her side I guess he still has feelings for Elma...

well between Wu's men and Hawkeyes coming with 23 more they stand a chance...

OMG Trixie was crazy mad....she liked Elworth so much.....and Elma....Elma doesn't know yet that Trixie shot (only wounded) Hearst hope she realizes what a friend she has in Trixie now.....poor Sofia!!

WOW Sy Talaver is all beside himself over the whole thing too....he so weird

AL is so obviously in love with Trixie....I love that about him...I want to see more of this storyline play out...

Charlie, Dan, Johnny and Adams are all getting chummy....I am glad....

EB is getting ready to snap!!!

What did the theater guy overhear & then got caught in the hallway by Hearst....NOT good for him.....he wants to play spy or go between....dangerous thing...

OMG I love Jewel she is just awesome and funny....lmao when they carried her up the stairs with the tray for Elma!!!!

Next week involves Johnny some how....hes very upset over something?

Is Al going to send him to Hearst with  a note....most don't seem to come back from such tasks of late.....I like Johnny he better come back!!

I have a feeling Seth will get the votes he needs anyway....Langston might find out what went on and decide to switch sides!

only a few more episodes...

I hope you guys don't mind me giving my 2 cents about Deadwood too.  I absolutely LOVE this show. 

So here is my take.  Hearst has no idea who specifically shot him (with Tixie showing all her goods) he was a little distracted from looking at her face.  He just remembers it was a "blond whore".  So he ends up killing the girl Johnny likes (the "other" blond whore) that has been seen a lot in the last few episodes.  I think Johnny is "sweet" on her.  Remember he stuck up for her when Morgan Earp tried to get a free trick from her.  Claiming her sister owed him money.  So when she dies Johnny is going to try to get to Hearst and get himself in a lot of trouble, possibly killed. 

I think that Alma is going to be forced to sell her claim to Hearst.  If she doesn't Hearst will keep killing people around her until she does, namely Sofia.  Too bad since she gave him a good F-you the last episode. 

In real life Seth Bullock and his wife had several children (4 I think) so I am sure they will stay together on the show. 

I think Cy Toliver is going a little crazy because he tried to jump ship and go to Hearst's side but now Hearst is acting without telling him things first.  So he feels like he has no control over anything.  I think he opened up his wound so that Joanie would come back to take care of him.  He misses her and doesn't want to see her make it on her own. 

The best part of every episode is Jewel.  She makes me laugh out loud.  The guys carrying her up the stairs was classic.  Her poop eating grin is the best.  I also love that the whores are so infatuated with Alma.  Very endearing. 

Al has really turned out to be a good guy.  The way he looked at Trixie when he said "Loopy C**t", you could almost see pride, and dare I say it, love in his eyes.  The only person in town with the ba**s to try and kill Hearst. 

I am sure I am forgetting some key points but these were the foremost in my thoughts.     ;D

foxx

momoftwo?  Glad to have you join us!

Excellent theory about Johnny...I was wondering about that because the previews made it seem as if he had gone against Al...and that didn't seem right.

Al so loves Trixie.  He has forever.  I think that is why he set her up with Sol; because he didn't want her to be a prostitute any more...and to learn accounting...and he knew that Sol would treat her well.

Jewel is hilarious.  Her absolute need to make Alma happy is so sweet and endearing.  I cannot imagine what it would have been like to be a woman in a place like that.

Oh...and Jane playing Duck-Duck-Goose with the kids?  Priceless.

momoftwo

Totally love Jane with the kids.  Her "Outflanked by a boy half my size" line was just too sweet.  She is one of my favorites too.  Can count on her to make you laugh out loud.  I am already sad that it will be over after next Sunday.  There is nothing else this good on TV anywhere.  Can't wait for Lost to start though.

foxx

Quote from: momoftwo on August 22, 2006, 10:38:56 AM
Totally love Jane with the kids.  Her "Outflanked by a boy half my size" line was just too sweet.  She is one of my favorites too.  Can count on her to make you laugh out loud.  I am already sad that it will be over after next Sunday.  There is nothing else this good on TV anywhere.  Can't wait for Lost to start though.

I heart Lost.  I am really excited for this season.  There is a thread somewhere around here about that one too!

momoftwo

I will definitely join in on the Lost thread when it starts.  On a note about that show I just saw the creepy-captive-leader-of-the-others in the latest Antonio Bandaras Zorro movie.  Sorry can't think of he name of the movie off the top of my head.  I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole time he was on the screen.  I think there is going to be some really good plot twists this season.

Kelly

hey momoftwo WELCOME!!!.....TY for the input I was wondering why Johnny gets all upset next episode....yessssss I remember him sticking up for that girl!!This show is so unusual you almost HAVE to watch it twice....you can miss a lot just by the way they speak.....we often rewatch it to see what we missed....lol

I so hope Alma (sry for misspell before) does not sell her claim!!

She and Seth still have feelings for each other it is obvious but, they are just not meant to be I guess....I really do like Seths wife....I cryed when the little boy died!!!

I am sooo loving Al this season!! And I want to see more of him!!! I loved when he sang to the deerhead on the wall few episodes back.....so endearing!!!Oh he and Trixie.....I love love love that storyline!!!!

I love how he really does care for all the people around him....but shows it in his own AL kind of way!

They are all flocking to AL right now for protection/guidence it is funny how in the first season Al was perceived as the badman....

He has had to be tough his whole life just to survive....I like when they show him in bed with one of the whores and he will get to talkin about his past.......very interesting stuff there.....we get little tidbits of info about his past....I would like to learn more about he and Dan met!

Dan is also an interesting character....I was so scared they were gonna kill him off with that fight a few weeks ago with Hearst's man....I told hubby....THEY BETTER NOT HAVE DAN DIE!!! I would of been soooo pizzed!!!

EB weird little man...not totally uneducated but such a troll!!! He is gonna just snap soon I know it!! When he said "I am gonna F*** him up!" last week I knew he was on the edge....he is soooooooo on the edge!

lol it is so hard to write about this show because of the language....a lot of people will not watch it because of that but man they do not know what they are missing....besides this is how it REALLY was back then people did talk like that...especially in a place like Deadwood.....they were all outlaws and misfits who started up the town.....it is just now showing signs of semblance and order....I find it fascinating and would love to go to SD and visit the real town and see the graves of WildBill and Jane!!

please keep coming back here momoftwo and join in.....LOVE having you here!!!!!

underdog

What a cold-blooded ending to the season.  Hearst takes control of Deadwood and poor Jen takes one for the team (Al & Trixie). 

Is Bullock going to the dark side now? 

Kelly

Quote from: underdog on August 31, 2006, 08:10:24 AM
What a cold-blooded ending to the season.  Hearst takes control of Deadwood and poor Jen takes one for the team (Al & Trixie). 

Is Bullock going to the dark side now? 

I think Bullock feels he was cowardice by not doing anything so it was his way of letting Hearst know if he comes back that he (Seth) will NOT make the same mistake....I don't think Hearst will be back much...prolly just send in his team of cohorts.....

I am thinking of looking up the history of deadwood I can't take the wait til next season...i must know what actually happens...lol...shhh I won't tell no one..

momoftwo

I thought the ending was so-so.  Unfortunately there won't be a next season to resolve any of the loose ends.  The theatre people come to mind.  What exactly was there roll in Deadwood this season?  lol   

Here is my take on Seth.  I think because he had just heard he lost the election he (in his mind) wasn't the Sheriff any more so he didn't put a stop to the Jen sacrifice.  Plus he knew how much Sol liked Trixie and was over looking it for him.  I'm sure he didn't like it but was also "taking one for the team" for the greater good of the camp.  I'm still sad we didn't get to see Ellsworth buried.  At least we know Alma was going to stay in the camp.  Poor Sofia. 

Anyway that is all I can remember right now.  I have to watch it again to catch all the things I missed.

underdog

Quote from: momoftwo on September 01, 2006, 08:12:55 AM
Unfortunately there won't be a next season to resolve any of the loose ends.

I didn't know the show was canceled. Tolliver totally freaked me out too. 

Kelly

Quote from: underdog on September 01, 2006, 11:51:01 AM
Quote from: momoftwo on September 01, 2006, 08:12:55 AM
Unfortunately there won't be a next season to resolve any of the loose ends.

I didn't know the show was canceled. Tolliver totally freaked me out too. 

yeah what do you mean there wont be a next season?!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview