PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:22:51 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Until I die it will always be......GO TRIBE!!!! I just hope they do win a World Series before I die!!

hades

RC

Quote from: Helen on April 05, 2006, 07:51:40 PM
Until I die it will always be......GO TRIBE!!!! I just hope they do win a World Series before I die!!

Think of it this way, Helen.. the last 2 World Series Champs last won the championship 86 years and 88 years ago respectively (Boston & Chi. White Sox), at least Cleveland's last title was "only" 58 years ago. But if the teams who haven't won it in a very long time are going to be the ones winning it now, ya might have to wait until the Cubbies get theirs (they've been waiting 98 years now). Other than the Cubs, Cleveland does have the next longest current streak without winning it all. Giants are next, waiting 52 years for one. There are some teams that have never won one, but they haven't been around as long. So, they still got a chance!

bobby

Quote from: RC on April 05, 2006, 10:57:31 PM

Think of it this way, Helen.. the last 2 World Series Champs last won the championship 86 years and 88 years ago respectively (Boston & Chi. White Sox), at least Cleveland's last title was "only" 58 years ago. But if the teams who haven't won it in a very long time are going to be the ones winning it now, ya might have to wait until the Cubbies get theirs (they've been waiting 98 years now). Other than the Cubs, Cleveland does have the next longest current streak without winning it all. Giants are next, waiting 52 years for one. There are some teams that have never won one, but they haven't been around as long. So, they still got a chance!
the tribe really should've won one in the mid-to-late 90's,they were dominant

Homer

WOOHOO!!!

One more inning and we'll be 0-3  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

Homer

What can I say? :(

They are in my opinion a year away from making the playoffs. There is still some deadweight that needs to be jettisoned from this team.

Hey at least we're consistent.  :P

hades

any players you see them getting by next year?

Homer

Quote from: hades on April 06, 2006, 02:45:39 PM
any players you see them getting by next year?

I don't know who will be available but a few guys have to go.

Lieberthal and Bell will be gone at the end of the year.

They have been trying to trade Abreu for a starting pitcher but no good offers yet. I suspect they may take a run at Jason Schmidt at the trade deadline but only if they are in the playoff hunt.

RC

Lieberthal and Bell definitely need to go. Lieby's time has well been passed. They need a new everyday kind of catcher, not something where 2 guys will go back and forth and both get enough playing time, it needs to be someone steady and reliable back there, who can hopefully also be good with the bat too. And Bell, he may have some flashes of good play, a great catch here and there, some hits and homers now and again.. but his errors outnumber his great defensive plays, and his chronic ailments get in the way of him staying in the lineup on a consistent basis, so they need some reliability at that position too. It's a shame Rolen had to have such a stick up his butt and couldn't stay with the team.. with him and the other guys the Phils have now, it would have been a deadly lineup. But he deserves every boo he gets in Philly now.

And I understand you have to trade talent for talent, but I am ok with holding onto Abreu.. his offensive numbers help a lot, and he is adequate on defense. Besides, who would they stick in right field? Victorino? Or some other young kid they happen to get in a trade for a good pitcher? Whoever it would be would have to be a big downgrade from Abreu.

Go Cavs!

Rollins' hit streak has gone to an end  :(

bobby

hades

RC

It was 38 games.. sad to see it end, but at least there won't be any controversy because of it being over a 2 season span. I guess he'll just have to start up a new one, and he has plenty of games left now to get a nice long one going.

Homer

Quote from: RC on April 06, 2006, 03:08:43 PM
Lieberthal and Bell definitely need to go. Lieby's time has well been passed. They need a new everyday kind of catcher, not something where 2 guys will go back and forth and both get enough playing time, it needs to be someone steady and reliable back there, who can hopefully also be good with the bat too. And Bell, he may have some flashes of good play, a great catch here and there, some hits and homers now and again.. but his errors outnumber his great defensive plays, and his chronic ailments get in the way of him staying in the lineup on a consistent basis, so they need some reliability at that position too. It's a shame Rolen had to have such a stick up his butt and couldn't stay with the team.. with him and the other guys the Phils have now, it would have been a deadly lineup. But he deserves every boo he gets in Philly now.

And I understand you have to trade talent for talent, but I am ok with holding onto Abreu.. his offensive numbers help a lot, and he is adequate on defense. Besides, who would they stick in right field? Victorino? Or some other young kid they happen to get in a trade for a good pitcher? Whoever it would be would have to be a big downgrade from Abreu.

The way I'm hearing it is Delluci would be the every day outfielder. He had 29 homers last year.

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 06, 2006, 03:47:07 PM

The way I'm hearing it is Delluci would be the every day outfielder. He had 29 homers last year.

He better get moving then, he's on my fantasy team!!

SaintHiρρo

Here is the only bit of baseball info I know at this current time of the season: Jimmy Rollins hit streak is over... he deserves a standing ovation!

Helen

LOL, those are comforting thoughts!!!  :)) :)) :)) :))

Helen

Quote from: bobby on April 06, 2006, 02:26:42 PM

the tribe really should've won one in the mid-to-late 90's,they were dominant

They had so many good players we were trading them off....to the Yankees no less. Cleveland has always been the "farm" team for them.

RC

Quote from: Homer on April 06, 2006, 03:47:07 PM

Ah yes.. forgot about that last minute addition to the team. He did have 29 homers last year, but only 73 total in his 9 year career up to now. Not to mention his career average is in the .250's. He could be a good fill in for someone that had to be traded, but he'd still have lower numbers than either Abreu or Burrell. But if ya get a top notch pitcher, it'd be worth the loss. I think Dellucci is more suited as a LF though than a RF.. he's a smaller guy and I don't know if he'd have the arm needed to be a RF, to have to throw all the way to 3rd base, for example. He's got 13 career outfield assists, granted he hasn't really played consistently out there, but Abreu can get that many in one season. Guys could take advantage of that and go to 3rd a lot of times when they normally wouldn't. In that case, Burrell may be the expendable one instead of Abreu. Either way, I think this St. Louis series proves this team needs at least one ace pitcher. I hope Floyd and Madson can do better the next couple days than the first 3 pitchers did.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview