PlayBuddy
April 15, 2024, 11:44:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

I agree that Toronto picked up a lot of big free agents.. but isn't that exactly what you are criticizing the Yankees for always doing? Trying to "buy" a ring by going and getting a lot of the big names? Toronto may have improved themselves, but by how much? They were 2 games under .500 last year, and are still in a very tough division. I think the best they can hope for is just to close the gap between them and the Red Sox and Yankees.. but alas, that still puts them at 3rd place at best.. unless something drastic happens during the season to one of the other teams. Isn't it the same thing the Orioles and their fans thought when they signed Sammy Sosa and maybe a couple other guys thrown in there? They thought this must be the year we get over that hump and pass those 2 teams.. and look what happens.. Sammy has one of his worst years ever, and is not even thought of in the same regard anymore. It's not always the best thing to go out and get all these big stars, a lot of them like to be the one and only star and don't like to share the spotlight, and it's not always easy for all of them to jell together on the same team, which can lead to a lot of problems.

Blu

O.k., Jim....after trying to decipher your "typing" & "spelling," you do nothing but bash a team who tries to win titles through team building. Let's not discuss the "buy a championship" idea, because that's what EVERY champion does...spends money on free agents to improve. Remember the Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, etc.? They all spent money & won. You yourself argue that the Blue Jays will win 1st in the East, & what'd they do this offseason? Hmmm, that's right...went out & spent money to win! Next, you realize this Yankee offense added the one thing it lacked? A lead off man. Their bats are stacked from 3 through 7 with 1, 2, 8, & 9 all solid on-base men. Then, you bash A-Rod like he's the reason NY lost. LMAO@ blaming and MVP for a team losing. You say the Rangers are making a name for themselves, ok then, name 4 players on the Rangers w/o internet help. Hell, I live near Arlington and can't name 3. Why? Because they're nobodies on a sorry team.
The only weakness in NY is a healthy starting pitching staff.  Their bullpen, or ballpen as you called it, has one of the best closers in Rivera. I can't believe you called out Randy like you did. He still dominates batters.

hades

every year people say the same thing about the yankees.yet they are always right there at the end  ::)

hades

like i said they wont keep choking forever  ;)

hades

worn out by mid season? lol guess thats why all them old men had the best second half record in base ball last year?  ;)

and the red sox and blue jays are plain awful....more so the red sox who lost their soul in the off season  :)

Tara

I love baseball....but I can see this is going to be a thread to avoid.... >:D

hades

red sox lost more then damon.....and the red sox admitted they will be worse off without him. not to mention an awful bullpen and starting rotation.  ;D

hades

ohhhh if you want a bigger laugh...list the red sox starting line up so everyone can laugh  :))

hades

you didnt list that red sox line up like i asked  :))

and like i said all them old men in their whhelchairs for the yankees somehow had the best second half record? lol that arthritis medication they took to get them out their wheelchairs must have helped huh  ;)

hades

whos washed up on the yankees? sheffield with his 30+ homers while injured? damon is is so "injury prone" yet avgs 150+ games a year? maybe giambi with his 25+ homers? lolmost players would kill to be washed up like them  ;)

oh heard a rumor the red sox were going to try out fans from the crowd to fill in their bullpen too  :)) :)) :))

SI

Quote from: hades on March 22, 2006, 09:04:59 AM
you didnt list that red sox line up like i asked  :))

and like i said all them old men in their whhelchairs for the yankees somehow had the best second half record? lol that arthritis medication they took to get them out their wheelchairs must have helped huh  ;)

Could be that Steinbrenner made a trip to the West Coast...  Maybe BALCO is working on a new anti-inflammatory arthritis medication :)) :)) :))  Now back to our regularly scheduled Yankees/BoSox debate >:D

hades

yes with like two hitters,no bullpen and lousy starters....thatll carry the red sox far  ;) :)) :)) :))

hades

blue jays added how many players to an awful team they already had?

Blu

Red Sox are a joke. And Jim, Mr. MLB Expert...NY & Bos are in the AL East, not NL. Toronto has pitching & Delgado...wow!

hades

Blu

ty...I'm waiting on his Sox line-up, too. Lets see, I'll start...David "I'm fat n slow but I can hit cuz it's all I do" Ortiz, Manny "don't hit it my way" Ramirez, Curt "put me on the DL now" Schilling, David "fat drunk over-the-hill" Wells

Tara

Quote from: BluRaven on March 22, 2006, 09:28:37 AM
ty...I'm waiting on his Sox line-up, too. Lets see, I'll start...David "I'm fat n slow but I can hit cuz it's all I do" Ortiz, Manny "don't hit it my way" Ramirez, Curt "put me on the DL now" Schilling, David "fat drunk over-the-hill" Wells

:'( :'( Oh Blu...please don't pick on Manny....I love him....please please... <3

hades

lmaooo raven  :)) :)) :))

maybe thats why jim still hasnt listed that line up  ;)

Blu

Quote from: jim1975 on March 22, 2006, 01:18:03 PM
And why do u need me to post the boston lineup.?? i never claimed they have a bunch of superstars they don"t but the do have a bunch of young talent that just has not had time to make a name from themselfs yet
ok...who?   

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on March 22, 2006, 01:18:03 PM
And why do u need me to post the boston lineup.?? i never claimed they have a bunch of superstars they don"t but the do have a bunch of young talent that just has not had time to make a name from themselfs yet
that new  talent will not show until at least the 08' season

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview