This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ace's Up Suit Flags

Started by NascaracsaN,

Previous topic - Next topic

NascaracsaN

I searched the forum for "suit flags" and "aces up" and found no topic on this subject.

In Pogos "how to play" for Aces Up it says:

<<Suit Flags
The suit flags at the bottom of each column indicate the suit of the card at the bottom of that column. Yes, we know you can just look up and see the card, but sometimes, when you've got real long columns and real short column in the same game, it's nice to get that information all in a row, ya know?>>

Heres what my game window says:

Start game

1st column last card is 6c  suit flag says clubs
2nd column last card is 6s suit flag says hearts
3rd column last card is 8h suit flag says spades
4th column last card is 2d suit flag says diamonds

Am I missing something or is there a gulch somewhere?  According to pogo instructions the suit flag is suppose to be the same suit as the last card in that column.

Also when clicking on cards to clear them...I clicked on 5 clubs and then diff column QH were removed then 9c in a diff column was remove, then 6h in diff column removed, the 6d in that same column.  Moved a card and the 2h and then 9h in same column cleared. All these moves happened on the same clicking session.

According to Pogo's "how to play" it says:

<<Your primary job is to discard any card at the bottom of a column that's the same suit and lower rank as a card at the bottom of another column.>>

Not only were some of my moves higher in rank they were also different suits.

Gulch or I'm missing something?

Thanks

Tara

I don't think there is a glitch if that's what your asking.  I answered your question in the other thread you posted in. You need to update your auto at http://www.badgehelp.com/

NascaracsaN

Quote from: Tara on June 18, 2006, 05:13:32 PM
I don't think there is a glitch if that's what your asking.  I answered your question in the other thread you posted in. You need to update your auto at http://www.badgehelp.com/

Sorry I was referring to a Pogo gulch..I'm not on an auto program when this happens..although it happens in both auto and non auto play.

Tara

Quote from: NascaracsaN on June 18, 2006, 05:19:50 PM
Quote from: Tara on June 18, 2006, 05:13:32 PM

Sorry I was referring to a Pogo gulch..I'm not on an auto program when this happens..although it happens in both auto and non auto play.

I'm sorry I'm totally lost on this question. Someone else may be able to help you. Sorry

NascaracsaN

ok no problem..I was just trying to understand why the "how to play" doesn't correspond to the actual game playing.

Thanks

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: NascaracsaN on June 18, 2006, 06:24:32 PM
ok no problem..I was just trying to understand why the "how to play" doesn't correspond to the actual game playing.

Thanks

It could be a case of the "Challenge Mess" where Pogo make changes to a game for a weekly challenge and it causes problems. I wouldn't think too much of it if you're winning the game and getting credit. If this is still happening after Tuesday night (when the challenges for this week end), you might want to bring it up to Pogo's attention. They probably will send you an automatic response but at least you did your part.

Cheers.

NascaracsaN

Will do that.  I'm also going change to my Mac right now and see what it thinks of that game.

Thanks for the info/help

damian666

I have noticed the flags also. I don't want to delve to deep in it as I might start to think pogo isn't infallible.

fiz

hades

NascaracsaN

I thought I'd update this...I wrote to pogo and sent them screen shots and there is gulch in the program....also there is a gulch where you can click on cards that aren't lower and aren't of the same suit.   In other words...I could click a j of dia and then click on the kick of clubs it would take away the k. 

Again two gulches, in Ace's Up, confirmed by pogo.

Deb

hades

Libra

Quote from: hades on June 26, 2006, 07:59:28 AM
whats a gulch?

Don't be a smarty-britches.  It's a glitch.  I'm sure it was a typo.

RowdyOne

i was going to ask the same thing about that Gulch lol but decided to let someone else ask  :))

zeboo

zeboo

just funnin with you,haven't seen the glitch though  ???

hades

Mr. Scandalous

I've been in there a couple times and haven't seen it either. ???

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview