PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 01:36:34 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pogo Gems

Started by jeffery,

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffery

got this off the beta sight
O+O O+O O+O O+O O+O

Intro to Gems

We�ve got an exciting new addition to Pogo that we�ll be introducing to you over the next few days and weeks. Pogo is launching some great new Premium features later this year, and we want to get your feedback and input on them!

Feature #1 - Premium Pogo Mini items: Your Mini is motionless no longer! We�ve got a whole slew of great new animations and extra-cool items to adorn your Mini with. You�ve probably already seen some of these in the Mini Mall here in Pogo Beta-land already, but there�s a bit of a twist to them you haven�t seen. More on that in a moment�

So how does one acquire these amazing new treasures, if not with tokens?

Well, we�re introducing a new way to pay for things on Pogo called �Pogo Gems��. Here�s how it works: You buy packages of gems and then you can use the gems to get things like the Premium Mini items and the Mix-n-Match Badge Albums. You�ll also be able to use gems to get Premium Badge Albums (at a discount, no less� for a limited time).

You probably have a few questions at this point. Let�s see if we can answer a few:

1) Wait. Let me get this straight. You have to PAY for Gems?

Yes. But no on the Beta Program. Any payments you make on the Beta Program will not be valid and you will not be charged.

2) Why do this at all?

We wanted a fun and secure way for Pogo members to acquire Premium features on the site; one that didn�t require that you do a credit card transaction every time you wanted to get something. It�s a hassle for you and a hassle for us. With Pogo Gems, you can put in as much money as you�re comfortable with, and then spend it down at your convenience. When you run out, you can quickly add more with just a few clicks.

3)Are Pogo Gems only for Club Pogo?

For now, yes, because the features we chose just happened to be Club Pogo features (Minis and Badges). We are looking at Premium features that all Pogo members can use and some of them might require Pogo Gems.

4) Are you going to start charging Pogo gems for every new feature on the site?

Good gravy, no! Pogo Gems are for �Premium� features that are completely optional. We�ll continue to add great new features and games to Pogo and Club Pogo that don�t require Pogo Gems to get.

5) Are all new Mini items going to require Gems?

No. We�ll continue to add great new Mini items to the Mini Mall for tokens at the same rate we have been since they launched. The Premium items are something new we�ll be releasing in addition to the token items we put out every two weeks or so.

6) Are there other ways to get Pogo Gems?

Sure. We�ll give everyone a few gems (as a gift) to get them started. You can also win some (in varying amounts) in the Jackpot Spinner.

We�d like your help to test out these features in the next few weeks and we�ll have more specific instructions and helpful info coming in the next few days. And note any suggestions or bugs you see in the "Gems" or "Animated Minis" section of the Bug Form.

Jewel

Thanks for posting that. It sounds interesting.

sami14

none of it is up yet though, the mini mall at pogobeta is closed for matience. should be interesting when they get it up and going

mr.clean

20 gems  free...

80 gems for 4.99
170 gems  for 9.99
350 gems  for 19.95

It does not show any items too buy or anything just these prices for the Gem Packages...   Who knows how many Gems each item/badge is going too cost ..

foxtrot

well i guess i would rather win gems in the spinner than wallpaper

nightperson

sounds very interesting cant wait ty for posting O0

hellokitty

Quote from: foxtrot on October 25, 2006, 08:04:04 PM
well i guess i would rather win gems in the spinner than wallpaper

that is if they really put them there but hey we might win some since its not a check they have to cut lol

sami14

Ilovemyweims

!@#$ >:((  great another way for pogo to get my money!!

sonya679

This is simolar to a chat site where you have to buy "credits" to purchase clothes and scenery for your avatar. Pogo ripped this off them lol. Oh well, I wont be wastin my $$ on this only whta they give me, and winning some in a spin? lol yeeah ok  :o0

mr.clean

gem prices  starts at 8 gems 14 gems, and 18 gems for backgrounds

xgingerx

what good are tokens??? and why cant we use them for Gems?   i bet everything is going to cost $$ now...Dam Pogo >>:D   they havent given us wallpaper in a long time..

zeboo

Pogo is getting way too greedy in my opinion..when pogo first started you could use your tokens to bid on stuff then they got rid of that then the increase in yearly membership then the poppit show at 20 bucks and now this? whats going to be next! if people would stop buying it they would go back to lowering prices and give more freebies..I am putting my foot down on this one  pogo can keep their junky mini stuff ! this has boycott all over it greedy greedy greedy pogo  :oo

nightperson

i have to see them first to think bout buying them if there worth it i will but if not they can have it like when there is an old shirt in there they have a sale maybe they will do that to them but they could do like the 25 days left thing to i only buy are use my tokens on things that i would like dome of there stuff i wouldnt have but lets hope they let us use tokens for them and yes i have had tones of spam on siging this and that for them not charging us for them i deleted them  O0

BadgeBaby

Does anyone know the exact date the gems will be coming out? I'm excited about something new coming to pogo. However, I would rather win them than pay for them....lol. <O>

foxtrot

Quote from: zeboo on October 26, 2006, 07:42:38 PM
Pogo is getting way too greedy in my opinion..when pogo first started you could use your tokens to bid on stuff then they got rid of that then the increase in yearly membership then the poppit show at 20 bucks and now this? whats going to be next! if people would stop buying it they would go back to lowering prices and give more freebies..I am putting my foot down on this one  pogo can keep their junky mini stuff ! this has boycott all over it greedy greedy greedy pogo  :oo

im with you on this one

yoshisquest

I tell you, $20 bucks is a whole lot of money to some people (like me) and already plopping out 5.99 every couple months for preumium badge albums plus 34.99 for a year just to get pogo is enough.  I dont understand why we can't say a million tokens is worth 400 gems or somthing, and buy the badge albums that way.  There is no way I'm buying gems just for mini items, that's getting a bit greedy on pogo's end.

IndianLover

I will buy the gems to pay for my badge albums most likely instead of doing transactions all the time it sounds a little easier... but i will not buy mini stuff with my money that i know

MikesGurl

well i think its pretty bad that you cant use paypal or anything for the new badge albums, and now it sounds like our tokens are gonna be pretty much worthless soon too

wattsmyname

Do you think they saved all the good Mini stuff for Gems? Cause they sure haven't released much worth getting yet?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview