This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bye Bye Rosie

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

NEW YORK - Her tenure short but hardly sweet, Rosie O'Donnell said Wednesday she will leave "The View" in June after less than a year of feuds, headlines and higher ratings for ABC.

The opinionated host said she and ABC couldn't agree on a new contract _ she wanted one more year, ABC wanted to lock her up for three. So she decided to leave, although she will appear occasionally next season for things like a planned one-hour special on autism.

O'Donnell made more than $3 million for her season on "The View." ABC was willing to spend more to keep her, but wanted a three-year deal so it didn't have to worry about O'Donnell as a potential competitor. She could easily command her own talk show for much more money: She was making some $30 million a year before "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" shut down in 2002.

"It just didn't work," she said on the show Wednesday, "and that's show biz. But it's not sad because I loved it here and I love you guys and I'm not going away."

O'Donnell has helped increase the chat show's audience by about a half-million a day. But her outspokenness has caused continual controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that placed "The View" creator Barbara Walters squarely in the middle.

"We have had, to say the least, an interesting year," Walters said. But she said O'Donnell's exit is "not my doing or my choice."

Walters was frequently left to clean up the damage after O'Donnell. She did it most recently Monday, when O'Donnell was criticized for using bad language and attacking Rupert Murdoch from the dais of the annual New York Women in Communication awards luncheon.

Saying she was "very fond" of Murdoch, Walters pointed out that "Rosie's view is not always mine."

In the Trump imbroglio, O'Donnell was reportedly mad that Walters did not come more swiftly to her defense, while Trump said Walters told him she didn't want O'Donnell on the show _ a claim Walters denied.

Trump quickly went on Fox News Channel Wednesday to claim that O'Donnell was fired by ABC because of remarks made at the Women in Communications luncheon.

"Barbara's the happiest person in the world that Rosie's been fired," Trump said.

Ms.Behavin

Well, there was only so much they were going to take from her. I bet they will lose a lot of ratings now. 

kandykitty20012

i dont care what anyone says ....i liked rosie odonell <..>

Chata *#$% up

Yes i think she is just a great stand up role model for the community.  :)))

NOT  :)) :)) :))

harley89

I really wanted to post a response to this but I will keep my mouth shut. I like Homer to much to go there.  He can just drink his beer and enjoy the race Sunday

TmT

Tara

Quote from: Tokens  Master Tagger on April 29, 2007, 06:10:58 PM
Quote from: pogo_gamer on April 25, 2007, 04:16:20 PM
<:>
mmm that looks good... think I'm gonna get me some  <:>

Gamer? Don't let her put her hands in your popcorn..there's no telling where her hands been..lmao

TmT

:)) u 2 got jokes... rofl... oh that is so funny  :%#

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview