This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Passions Soap Opera

Started by deborah010870,

Previous topic - Next topic

deborah010870

>:((  I have just found out that NBC will no longer be carrying Passions...... i guess they are dropping them beginning of september and they are being picked up by Directv, i called Directv and they confirmed it for me, it will be on monday - thursday at 2pm est on channel 101 and reairs on weekends i guess.... well this dont help me, i have Dish  lol

I called Dish also and they dont have any info if they will be picking it up as of yet.... and here i thought Dish and Directv were connected so they would. 

I know this probubly wont mean much to many but i really like the soap and have watched it almost from the beginning with my mom. and when my mom was passing away she told me to keep watching her soaps with her.  well now i wont be able to watch 1 of them :(

has anyone heard why they are taking it off NBC and going with Directv?  or any other info...... thanks all i really appreciate any and all info
Deb

IndianLover

I myself watch both DOOL and Passions. It has been out there for awhile about Passions going to Direct TV. I look at the soap webpage as well as NBC's soap page. LOL I read them all the time. I have never heard of Dish and Direct TV being connected though hmmm.

I am so sry you won't be able to watch it. I'm really not sure if the soap will be around all that much longer it just doesn't have the ratings  :(

But why it is still here I get to watch it because I have Direct TV   baywatch.gif

deborah010870

yes i watch DOOL also, i record both on my dvr everyday so i can watch them when i get home from work,  i may have to see if my cousin will let me record them on her dvr cause she has directv.  i will have to try to find those web addresses to read up on everything if i cant record them and watch them while at her place.

IndianLover

Quote from: deborah010870 on August 01, 2007, 10:03:29 AM
yes i watch DOOL also, i record both on my dvr everyday so i can watch them when i get home from work,  i may have to see if my cousin will let me record them on her dvr cause she has directv.  i will have to try to find those web addresses to read up on everything if i cant record them and watch them while at her place.

I pm'd you the addresses. the soaps one has good spoilers and it shows comings and going.

Fluffy756

Passions is going off the air. Not all of the cast is going to Direct TV, alot have decide to leave the show once it going off on NBC which is setp 7 Passions will go off. They said a big cliff hanger storyline from this month into the time they go off, then they will pick up from there.

IndianLover

Quote from: Fluffy756 on August 01, 2007, 03:41:05 PM
Passions is going off the air. Not all of the cast is going to Direct TV, alot have decide to leave the show once it going off on NBC which is setp 7 Passions will go off. They said a big cliff hanger storyline from this month into the time they go off, then they will pick up from there.

Here is the info from NBC about the whole thing.

'PASSIONS' ACTORS MAKE THE SWITCH TO DIRECTV

BURBANK – MAY 23, 2007 – NBC Universal Television Studio has signed principal cast members of the hit daytime drama "Passions" to new contracts, ensuring that they will continue with the soap when it makes the move from NBC to The 101 on DIRECTV on September 17.

Those continuing with the series include: Eric Martsolf (Ethan), Ben Masters (Julian), Kim Johnston Ulrich (Ivy), Dylan Fergus (Noah), Galen Gering (Luis), Emily Harper (Fancy), Lindsay Hartley (Theresa), Liza Huber (Gwen), James Hyde (Sam), Juliet Mills (Tabitha), Heidi Mueller (Kay), Tracey Ross (Eve), Eva Tamargo (Pilar), McKenzie Westmore ("Sheridan") and Erin Cardillo (Esme).

"We are thrilled that the principal cast members will continue on the show," said Annamarie Kostura, VP Daytime, NBC Universal. "It is important that the fans know that the show will still be the same after the move."

"This is great news for fans of the show who will be able to seamlessly join their favorite characters for new adventures on The 101," said Patty Ishimoto, General Manager, DIRECTV Entertainment. "We are excited about the news and are busy getting ready to welcome 'Passions' to its new home on DIRECTV.

Based on the rich history and mystery of the harbor community of Harmony, "Passions" explores the lives, loves and losses of four core families: the Cranes, the Lopez-Fitzgeralds, the Bennetts and the Russells, each of whom have their own distinct and diverse challenges and desires.

"Passions" is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio and is taped in Studio City, California

So It seems to me quite a few main characters still will be there!

deborah010870

Thank you both very much for all the information and i did get the links and am going to check them out and keep tabs.
:)

Fluffy756

If you in the NYC area Like I am NBC is moving days of our lives to 2pm time slot on spetember 10th, which is right after passions is off the air. They might start changes other stats as well.

CraziiButterfly

Thanks for the info. I had no idea they were taking it off NBC.  :'((

deborah010870

If they are going to be moving DOOL to 2pm, do you think they will be starting another soap or maybe even a new game show?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview