This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Club Pogo Prices

Started by Thisnamenottaken,

Previous topic - Next topic

Thisnamenottaken

Has anyone heard that Club Pogo prices are going up when it comes time to renew??  I have heard from various people that it was going to $9 a month or $60 a year...   Am I getting misinformed?  I have gone all around Pogo but dont see anything about prices at all.  So I dont know how to find out.. maybe someone here knows....

SoaringUSAEagle

Just wait and see I guess... I havent heard of anything and $60 is too much for my blood for some badges and no jackpot wins... If they guaranteed each Club Pogo member a prize of $20 or more in value... Then I would join.  I would have to get that paper in writing tho.

:-\

ronandamee1

Its $30 a year now or $4.99 a month. If you pay monthly you are paying $59.88 a year. So for any of you not paying yearly. You better rethink your strategy to pay double..lol. I can't see Pogo doubling prices. They would be better off doing away with free accounts and charging everyone $5 or $10 dollars a year. I will not pay $60 a month for the stupid little picture by my name. I would rather pay Ken and Tom for a couple extra stars and super member status....lol

DEBKARLAR

paying for the right to have badges and only winning silly wallpapers and screen savers w/o winning any jp's isn't no fun. You'd think by using auto's it would increase your odds of winning jackpots. I'm seriously considering not renewing my club account when my club comes up for renewal

Homer

I thought the $30 fee was only for the first year. I thought after that it was $5/month  ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

honeypyye

It's an either or Homer...the 30.00 is supposed to save you money over paying the monthly fee but they do give you the option of Yearly or Monthly...

Signguy1969

I've never had a pogo membership, used to have a yahoo one, but figured the extra tokens arent worth the $$$
Unless there are benefits of it that I dont know of...

SoaringUSAEagle

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2004, 06:40:36 AM
I thought the $30 fee was only for the first year. I thought after that it was $5/month  ???

I thought it was just $30 every year.  I dont think they will hike it up to $60.  They better not.  I bet they would lose a lot of business.  And at $5 a month, that is $60 a year and what a pain in the ass to renew every month.

Thisnamenottaken

Exactly.... I see no reason to pay to play a game... because I have tried to use these silly tokens at the Local Car Dealership and Realty Company....  Im still living in my old house and driving the same car... Heck Wal-mart wont even take them....lol
And those badges are nothing to write home about....I have been playing in pogo for 5 years and have yet to win anything but a screensaver or wall paper... so do I want to pay more for the NOTHING I already get.... hmmmmmm let me think.....//http:// NO//

Homer

Quote from: honeypyye on June 12, 2004, 06:50:08 AM
It's an either or Homer...the 30.00 is supposed to save you money over paying the monthly fee but they do give you the option of Yearly or Monthly...

Oh, okay. I could have sworn that when they pitched it to me originally they claimed it was only an introductory offer.

yousmellbad

i have enjoyed my club pogo membership. But i wont pay over $35 dollars for it. So if the yearly rate goes above that, im not renewing.

honeypyye

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2004, 08:03:50 AM
Quote from: honeypyye on June 12, 2004, 06:50:08 AM

Oh, okay. I could have sworn that when they pitched it to me originally they claimed it was only an introductory offer.

*Limited time offer. The free trial period for Club Pogo applies to first-time subscribers only. Your credit card is not charged until the free trial period expires, and you may cancel at any time.

The free trial is for 14 days but you still have to give them CC info to get the trial..

Homer

Yeah, I understood the 2 week trial. Guess I'll find out soon enough my year is up soon.  ;)

ronandamee1

Quote from: Signguy1969 on June 12, 2004, 06:59:30 AM
I've never had a pogo membership, used to have a yahoo one, but figured the extra tokens arent worth the $$$
Unless there are benefits of it that I dont know of...
If you have never seen the layout of club pogo you should definitely check it out. At $30 a year(which is less than $2 a month)  club pogo has a much much better look than original pogo. Worth it

Homer

Think you meant a little more than $2/month. Sorry, I know I'm a stickler. ;) :P

DEBKARLAR

if i painted my car with flames and cool graphics it's still gonna be a Honda Accord though
Quote from: YZrider on June 12, 2004, 09:03:51 AM
  club pogo has a much much better look than original pogo. Worth it

ronandamee1

Quote from: TokenWhiteGuy on June 12, 2004, 09:09:59 AM
if i painted my car with flames and cool graphics it's still gonna be a Honda Accord though
Quote from: YZrider on June 12, 2004, 09:03:51 AM
  club pogo has a much much better look than original pogo. Worth it
If you could paint your honda for $30 dollars and it looked twice as good, would you? I hope so.

honeypyye

Quote from: Homer on June 12, 2004, 09:02:29 AM
Yeah, I understood the 2 week trial. Guess I'll find out soon enough my year is up soon.  ;)

You can see when it's due to re-bill...Go into Account..then to Subscription..then look at Billing Info...it will tell you at the bottom of that page when it's due again...=)

SoaringUSAEagle

I am on a gift pass that a good friend sent me.  Good for quite a few months still... We will see what happens when its time for others to renew to what they are going to do.

That will be how I decide... If the price goes up or remains the same.

Santa69

Hey the prices through AOL and CompuServe  have stayed the same.

Take advantage of the AOL and CompuServe special price: Club Pogo costs only $2.99 a month or $19.99 for a year (that's almost half off the monthly price!)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview