This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Farmer Wants A Wife

Started by Mistyeyed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistyeyed

has anyone seen this show yet..i watched part of it last nite..seems to be a cheap version of the Bachelor..like,any of these contestants on there want to move to this rural area,yea right..they probably just wanted a summer vacation in the country while filming the show..

Tara

I haven't watched it. The only thing I watch on that channel is Top Model.

Mistyeyed

i only watched parts of it...they certainly didnt have much of a budget to work with..

Tara

Quote from: Mistyeyed on June 12, 2008, 07:40:53 AM
i only watched parts of it...they certainly didnt have much of a budget to work with..

Do they do one on one dates behind a haystack?  :)))

Mistyeyed

he did take them all on one on one dates..simple things.like a boat ride,picnic under the stars.things like that..the show seemed to go so fast though,probably didnt have much of a budget...they had to do challenges like,shear a sheep,bake a pie,last nite they had to check to see if a cow was pregnant..that was a bit disgusting..lol..

cherrypie

I have seen every episode.  I really think that a couple of them would stick around to date him for a few months but I doubt they could give up the manis, pedis and lattes on a permanent basis. A couple are still trying to wear thier heels around knowing that farm life doesn't accomodate it.

Mistyeyed

I like the country,but I dont think i could handle it on a full time basis..i like being close to a city.so when i need or want something i dont have to travel a long ways to get there..i cant see any of them lasting on the farm,even that Brooke that is from Texas..

harley89

8 years ago my husband and I sold all our cattle and retired from cattle rasing. it was a total pain.  When his father was sick he had to go to Florida every other weekend. Which left me home with the herd. The first time he went  when he got back I told next time he was taking the herd with him. Now the pastures are just for hay production. We have a friend that does everything just for the hay and we now have a life.  Them city girls dont  have a clue what they are in for. Such as roping a cow in the rain hobbling it. And treating her. Soaked muddy and cold. When you get back to the house you strip off your clothes on the porch cause you dont want to mess up the inside.  Or having one in problem labor in February at 1 in the morning and it is 16 degrees. You will actually hold your hands over a fresh pile  of cow dung just to warm your hands ( done that lots of times.) 

Mistyeyed

if this show isnt a low buck version of the bachelor i dont know what is..thank goodness next week is the last show..

cherrypie

Tonight he picks his wife.  Farmer McCutie sent my favorite home last week and I can't see either of the women that he has left staying with him for more than 4 months but I will still watch the finale and see if he picks the truck trashing virgin or the spunky blond.

Mistyeyed

oh great,he picked that Brooke..i do hope he wears those sunglasses that Christa bought him or hes going to go blind staring at those overwhitened teeth of Brookes...you can hardly see her face when you look at her because of them..lol..glad this is over..

cherrypie

Does anyone know a good website for reality show gossip because I want to know if they are really a couple. :>>

Mistyeyed

i dont know of any..im kind of curious myself..maybe you could check the local paper on the internet for that town and see if they say anything about it...

mr.clean

I really enjoyed this show i'm sad too see it's over with... I'm glad the lady i picked from the start won and is the Farmers wife!

Yeah  i would like too know allso what has happened since the show ended..

Mistyeyed

although that is a farming community where matt is located,the small town is sort of a suburb they say of St. Louis,about 20 or so miles outside of it..so what ever city girl he picked,she is still close to city living..

Stinkerbell

Are these shows real?  I mean, do they really all want to marry the farmer, or is there some cash payout and then no marriage?

Mistyeyed

i think it was real,but who really knows for sure..it was a really generic show though,i dont see,for the amount of alone time they actually spent together,and seemed to be very little romance involved,how either matt or the women could make a decision to commit to someone..probably just wantd to be seen on tv..

mr.clean

I bet there was weeks and hours that where never shown on tv.

If this show is like every other one  each show was like a weeks time frame.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview