This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor Tocantins

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

jarjar

I never pick a winner 6_6.gif but I did not want coach so I am okay blowkisses.gif

Squid

Goodbye, Coach.  I am so glad he's gone.  He was so irritating.

I think JT will win

jarjar

I think and am hopeing so too Squid. Just scared to pull for him because like I said I am not good at picking the winners rolleyes.gif

~Sassy~

mumbojumbo.gif I picked JT to win from the very start, my honey picked Brendan.  mumbojumbo.gif

who me?

I want him to win too, but I got to thinking last night after the show went off.
It's now 2 girls + 2 guys, I think the girls might say hey why do we have to give it to the guys and decide to fight for it themselves.  undecided.gif

~Sassy~

Quote from: who me? on May 15, 2009, 05:34:21 PM
I want him to win too, but I got to thinking last night after the show went off.
It's now 2 girls + 2 guys, I think the girls might say hey why do we have to give it to the guys and decide to fight for it themselves.  undecided.gif
I totally agree Who...Taj is not stupid by any means. I think they just might do that, 'cause JT is awesome when it comes to the challenges. He zipped through that last one like HE designed it. That boy is amazing.  undecided.gif

Squid

Interesting....  I just don't know if Taj will allow herself to "betray" the boys.  I know it's a game and lots of cash is at stake but I think Taj would be offended by her own betrayal of the boys.  If Taj and Erinn vote for..... let's say JT.  The boys are going to vote for Erinn.  That's a tie.  Doesn't the tie get broken by the player who has gotten more votes during the season?  That would be Erinn.   Am I looking at this wrong?

~Sassy~

Inky it usually comes down to the final three and then whoever wins that challenge decides who will sit beside them in the final roasting by the jury, where they have to answer questions from the jury as to why they should get thier vote...etc.

I hope this makes sense. embarrassed.gif

turkey4.gif Dinner time, gotta go

who me?

Quote from: Squid on May 15, 2009, 05:50:05 PM
  Doesn't the tie get broken by the player who has gotten more votes during the season?  That would be Erinn.   Am I looking at this wrong?

Hmmm.... I'm thinking (which can be dangerous)  giggle2.gif  does a tie get broke that way or I sorta remember something about a tie being broken by seeing which of the two can build a fire the fastest to burn thru a string above it?? I can be so totally wrong and wouldn't put it past myself  embarrassed.gif   but I remember that from some show somewhere  hysterical.gif
If it came down to a fire ya know J.T would build it first, but then again Erinn has been to exile a few times so she can build a fire too.... Geez I ALWAYS second guess myself  footinthemouth.gif  You should see me shop for a pair of shoes  panic button.gif   help.gif  I either can't decide and buy the 3 pair I like the most or I give up after an hour and a half in the store and walk out with nothing.   white flag.gif

disneyland lady

Erinn did fire only once - her last sprint at Exile Island left her without fire or any shelter out in the rain. This was why she was so angry at Coach for making light of her time there. I picked JT from the beginning but secretly wanted Brendan cuz he shares a name with my grandson. I would not be sad to see Taj win either cuz she paid her dues back when they had that water challenge and showed  off her wrestling skills. But the nerd in me would love to see a nerd win and Stephen has gone from this awkward, guy who made me laugh when he runs to a real competitor (who still makes me laugh when he runs).

adding an interview on tvguide.com of Coach (in case anyone already forgot how irritating he can be):
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivor-Coach-Cannibalism-1006113.aspx

Squid

arniebear

He is soooo out in the ozone, someone will probably give him his own reality show  no-no.gif

Squid

Congratulations, JT.  He's a nice guy, played a good and honorable game.  I suppose he deserved it.  My question is....  is Survivor simply turning into a popularity contest?  Behave well socially (and maybe win a challenge or two) and the win is yours!  Stephen was likeable enough, I suppose, but I think he shot himself in the foot with his responses to the jury.  For a smart guy, he sure flubbed it in the 11th hour. 

As I think back, the winners I've seen (I haven't watched EVERY season) have all been very popular, not necessarily strategic, logistic and big thinkers.

jarjar

Squid

Quote from: jarjar on May 18, 2009, 05:43:25 AM
Slap myself silly slap1.gif slap1.gif I forgot to watch 6_6.gif

I saved it on DVR, JJ.  C'mon over, I'll pour some  girl5.gif and we can have a nosh while you watch it.  It was three hours long.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on May 18, 2009, 05:26:10 AM
Congratulations, JT.  He's a nice guy, played a good and honorable game.  I suppose he deserved it.  My question is....  is Survivor simply turning into a popularity contest?  Behave well socially (and maybe win a challenge or two) and the win is yours!  Stephen was likeable enough, I suppose, but I think he shot himself in the foot with his responses to the jury.  For a smart guy, he sure flubbed it in the 11th hour. 

As I think back, the winners I've seen (I haven't watched EVERY season) have all been very popular, not necessarily strategic, logistic and big thinkers.

I don't think of Richard Hatch or Parvati as being popular with anyone while playing. While he wasn't my pick at the beginning (I picked Brendan) I think JT played the smartest game. Now that I think of it, he may have thrown some of the challenges just to stop having a bigger circle on his back. He did outwit and outplay to outlast. Gotta hand it to him. He did it all with his southern drawl and a big ole smile.

If you missed out on the events you can go to CBS.com and watch them online. I fell asleep during a lot of it and only woke at the end so I am going to do just that and catch the finale of Desperate Housewives too.

jarjar

DLL thanks I will make sure i watch it. Of course I would rather go and spend 3 hours girl5.gif with Squid giggle2.gif

Mistyeyed

by jt taking steven to the end,he kept his integrity throughout..whereas steven planned on throwing him under the bus if he would have won immunity...sounded like he and steven were going in to business though,at the end of the show..coach looked so much better with some tanning and hair coloring...

Squid

I think Coach was starving to death near the end.  He was sallow and totally spent.  He also had other medical issues, I s'pose. 

There were many seasons that I missed so I don't know about those folks, DLL.  I'm sure you're right.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview