PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 01:15:00 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PETA calls boycott on Canadian maple syrup

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

MONTPELIER – Members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are launching an international boycott of Canadian maple syrup at the Vermont Statehouse at noon today in an effort to stop the slaughter of baby seals in Canada.

Similar protests are planned in Maine and New York.

Yeah, this makes sense ...  rolleyes.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

There was a story about a week ago where a New York legislator was trying to pass a bill that only New York maple syrup could be used in New York. Another example of a politician who deserves to lose his job.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

~Sassy~

Quote from: Mayhem on May 27, 2009, 12:05:07 PM
MONTPELIER – Members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) are launching an international boycott of Canadian maple syrup at the Vermont Statehouse at noon today in an effort to stop the slaughter of baby seals in Canada.

Similar protests are planned in Maine and New York.

Yeah, this makes sense ...  rolleyes.gif

hysterical.gif GAWD those people are unreal, they have no life do they.

FreecellFanny

Thankfully these fools didn't show up at my place of employment during Animal Lab Freedom Week.

I appreciate what they stand for but I don't condone a lot of their practices.

Stinkerbell

hunter13

PETA=people eating tasty animals   turkey4.gif  they can kiss  my   ass.gif

disneyland lady

Are they using Maple Trees to slaughter the seals? If Maple Manufactures are responsible for clubbing those seals then I certainly would stop using maple syrup.

hunter13

dont got no seals here in vermont lmao  if we do i havnt seen them lmao

Squid

Awww, I'm an animal lover and the slaughter of those baby seals is awful.  These arctic animals don't stand a chance with humans clubbing them and with the loss of their icy habitats.  I agree that the maple syrup - seal connection is a bit far fetched but I think that it's widely known that if you want to take action against something, hit 'em in their wallet.  PETA doesn't have a gripe with maple syrup producers, that I know of, but they do want to hit Canada in the money belt to get some attention.  Boycotts have moved mountains.  I think as intelligent humans, we can come up with something else, other than seals or any animal, to put in our cosmetics. 

Stinkerbell

Maybe the Canadians are dumping syrup in the oceans, thereby raising the sucrose level in the water to toxic levels?

bubbleup

Just a short time ago PETA wanted the band petshop boys to change their name too  rolleyes.gif

Squid

Quote from: bubbleup on June 03, 2009, 03:13:39 AM
Just a short time ago PETA wanted the band petshop boys to change their name too  rolleyes.gif

Now THAT'S ridiculous... and if PETA wants to be taken seriously, they have to rethink decisions like that.

Joe C

Quote from: bubbleup on June 03, 2009, 03:13:39 AM
Maybe they were thinking about saving gerbils. lipsrsealed.gif
By the way, Petshop Boys are on my iTouch and there is nothing wrong with that. giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on June 03, 2009, 04:31:25 AM
By the way, Petshop Boys are on my iTouch and there is nothing wrong with that. giggle2.gif
Gerbils.... ROFL

Who you have on your iTouch is your business, my friend, Mr. Seinfeld.

Joe C

disneyland lady

Quote from: Joe C on June 03, 2009, 04:31:25 AM
donthearyou.gif

Joe C

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview