This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ghost stories!!!

Started by Love&Darkness,

Previous topic - Next topic

Love&Darkness

Ok so I thought since it is getting close to Halloween. Maybe some spooky ghost stories. They can be real or made up. I love ghost stories I dono about anyone else. But here goes mine....
My parents, sisters, and me lived in this house about less then a year ago. It was a huge house and it wasnt but maybe 30 or 40 years old. Wich is very young for a house. Well after living there for about 6 months we noticed some odd things. At first it wasnt too bad just bumps and groans in the night you know? Well I was sitting in the living room watching tv with my mom. My youngest sister who was about 6 months old at the time (she is now 5 yrs old) was in her crib sleeping. Well we heard somethign on the baby monitor. It sounded like a man talking. So we peek in there and no one is there. So I laugh and say "Chill it was probably picking up somones walky talkie. Don't worry." So we continue sittting there watching TV. But then the same mans voice says my baby sisters name lets call her Emma for now. My mom and I look at each other. The same voice is now talking to my baby sister and she is cooing back at him. So we kinda sit there for a minute and just stare at each other. I get brave enough and walk in there and very loudly say Emma's name and pick her up and run out of her room. And I do mean run. I booked it out of her room. Well a couple of days go by and no weird guys voice on the baby monitor. Well all of a sudden we hear the same mans voice on the baby monitor and Emma is just cooing away. Well now he is singing to her. I go into her room thinking....thinking it will stop. No. He is still singing on the baby monitor. I am standing in her room and i hear in the room AND on the baby monitor a man singing. I throw the baby monitor down, grab Emma and run out of the house. COMPLETLY freaked at this point.
I hated going into her room.
We finaly moved out but her room was always cold. Winter summer. It did not matter her room stayed several degrees colder.
Well that was just one moment at that house. Something creepy and scary was always happening at that house. I have tons of stories from that house. Well I hope to come back and read someone elses story real or fake. Have fun with this guys!!! BTW, if you wanna know another just ask i have some that would make the hair on your body raise up. That one was just a kiddie story.

Stinkerbell

This happened when I was a kid. Not a ghost story per se, but who knows?

It was really late at night, we were all in bed sleeping. My mom woke up because she heard a knock at the door but when she went to check, no one was there. She went back to bed and a few minutes later it happened again and again, no one was there. She says it was clearly a knock on the front door, no mistaking it. Anyway, after the 3rd trip to the door she went and checked on my brothers and then me. When she got into my room she said I was talking but making no sense. She checked me and I had a raging fever and was delirious. The doctor told her to get me into a tub of room temp water, but before she could I passed out. She took me to the hospital where I was borderline between unconscious and slipping into a coma. Something was wrong with my heart by that time, too.

Anyway, they did whatever they did. Hooked me to IV's, all that good stuff. Turns out I had a severe case of scarlet fever and the doctor said that had she not gotten me to the hospital when she did, I likely would have died.

It's weird how it all worked out... something continually 'knocking', not letting her sleep until she checked on us. I think someone was watching over me.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 24, 2009, 01:03:07 AM
This happened when I was a kid. Not a ghost story per se, but who knows?

It was really late at night, we were all in bed sleeping. My mom woke up because she heard a knock at the door but when she went to check, no one was there. She went back to bed and a few minutes later it happened again and again, no one was there. She says it was clearly a knock on the front door, no mistaking it. Anyway, after the 3rd trip to the door she went and checked on my brothers and then me. When she got into my room she said I was talking but making no sense. She checked me and I had a raging fever and was delirious. The doctor told her to get me into a tub of room temp water, but before she could I passed out. She took me to the hospital where I was borderline between unconscious and slipping into a coma. Something was wrong with my heart by that time, too.

Anyway, they did whatever they did. Hooked me to IV's, all that good stuff. Turns out I had a severe case of scarlet fever and the doctor said that had she not gotten me to the hospital when she did, I likely would have died.

It's weird how it all worked out... something continually 'knocking', not letting her sleep until she checked on us. I think someone was watching over me.
Was probably your "Angel".

disneyland lady

I grew up in a coastal beach town where many of the homes were not occupied except during the summer or winter holiday season. Most of these had weekly care and looked like any other houses but there was a huge 2 story old house that would take on the look of a haunted house and many times it was used as a way to scare others. As all kids we went out trick-or-treating in groups and well into the late night hours so many of the homes were dark. I was 14 and with a group of teens and we were gutsy and full of ourselves.

When we got to what we called Old Man Polks house someone decided to go and knock on the door if we all went. The yard itself was so scary without any Halloween trims that I only went because it was better to be in the group than alone. Someone knocked and we stood there with nervous laughs and ready to leave when one of our group said they heard footsteps. I actually thought they were kidding. The door opened up and there stood what looked like an old lumberjack with a huge ax in his hands. We ran so fast from there that we ended up being blocks away before we regrouped. It was probably some bigger teens having a laugh at everyones expense but one of our group, a young hispanic boy had embarrased himself by wetting his pants.

We disbanded and went home and the next day we were all set to give Oscar a bad time but when we saw him it was lifechanging. He had not only been so scared he wet himself but his hair turned white. It was not white all over but within a few weeks it was. It put the fear of God into me. I saw Oscar 2 years ago at a high school reunion and he still had a full "shock" of white hair - one of the few who had not thinned out or bald. Trust me to say that we brought up that night and gave him a hard time for having wet himself at the sight of an ax carrying madman.

Joe C

I have two pogo accounts and they keep getting badges without me ever playing a game. Everytime I look at the computer, it is as if the games were playing by magic, run by some mysterious force. These spirits that haunt my computer are very thorough and have finished many games. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Love&Darkness

Quote from: Joe C on October 24, 2009, 09:25:04 AM
I have two pogo accounts and they keep getting badges without me ever playing a game. Everytime I look at the computer, it is as if the games were playing by magic, run by some mysterious force. These spirits that haunt my computer are very thorough and have finished many games. tumbsup.gif

roflmao best halloween story yet lmao. popcorn2.gif

wow i got more replies then i was expecting. a few of those really shocked me. especially since they where true.  here i will tell another in hopes of keeping the ball rolling. now it might not sound real. even to this day i still wonder if maybe by some chance i had been dreaming it.

It was 3 in the morning on a wensday. I couldn't sleep because everytime i would lay my head down I could hear a women singing country. This was a warning sign that the ghosts in the house where being bad. So I shouldn't have listend to my stomach. But being a fat kid, I did. I leave my room and walk to the kitchen. I was looking through the fridge for about a minute and settled on some pickle slices. After i finished fixing a plate of a couple of pickle slices I walk into the living room. Now the living room was about the size of two normal sized living rooms. There was a couch in the center. I stopped in the dinning room because I saw my step dad (lets call him ken) sitting on the end of the couch. I thought it was weird since the TV was not on. So I said "Ken what are you doing up? I thought u went to bed a couple of hours ago?" He said nothing. So I stupidly took a few steps "The remote is by moms chair you know that." Again no response. So I took another step closer. Something didn't feel right. Then there was a loud bang like a gun shot. I remember smelling blood everywhere and gun powder. It burned my nose and lungs. I could feel the tears pouring from my eyes as I just stood there I didn't know what to do. There was smoke in the room for about a half second and then I saw him sitting there with a huge gaping hole in his head. I screamed, not loud to wake anyone up, I could barely speak the gun powder and blood stench had made me horse. I dropped my plate and took a step towards the phone prepared to call 911. I could see the blood everywhere, all over the couch, the floor, the coffee table. But then his head started to turn and I screamed louder and took off running to my room. I shut the door and put a chair in front of the door. I was sobbing at this point. After falling a sleep and having THAT nightmare play over and over in my head. I heard noises out side my bedroom. Sounded like someone vacuuming. I walked out and saw my step dad cleaning. The blood was gone and the smell was gone. My step dad asked if I had heard a car backfire last night. He said it was really loud.

I Will never again stay up until 3 am. 6 months later I found out that dead time was 3 am. This means ghost are most active at 3 in the morning.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on October 24, 2009, 09:25:04 AM
These spirits that haunt my computer are very thorough and have finished many games. tumbsup.gif

Multiple times, even.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Love&Darkness on October 24, 2009, 10:05:51 AM
I found out that dead time was 3 am. This means ghost are most active at 3 in the morning.

I've heard that. But I've also heard that 3AM is the time of 'night' when people are most likely to be asleep or off their guard, so a lot of military strikes take place at that time.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Love&Darkness on October 24, 2009, 10:05:51 AM
6 months later I found out that dead time was 3 am. This means ghost are most active at 3 in the morning.
I saw that on the show Paranormal State. I figured dead time was at that time for them cuz they are all young college students. Most of the hauntings in San Diego (The Whaley House, Hotel Del Coronado and Star of India ship) all are during the early evening hours so not sure if I believe it. Supposedly the "dead time" was the polar opposite of the time Christ was born so wouldn't that be different depending on how far away you are from Nazareth?

redhotbabydoll

Here is my true life ghost story...When I was 7 years old, we moved from place to place and rented houses due to my father's work. This one house was a small house but very nice with fenced in yard and about a mile off the main road. Anyway, when my sister, brothers and myself went to bed at night in different rooms..lol, my mother would come and say goodnight to us and turn off the lights. She then would go to bed herself and as soon as she would lie down..the lights would come back on. She would get up and turn them back off and lie back down and click on they come again.  This was during the winter with snow on the ground now...so this would keep going on and then at midnight each night there would come a scream from the gate outside by the fence. It sounded like a woman's high pitch scream. My father would go out and look and no one or nothing was there but there was also no footprints either. They told the landlord about this and he came out with his pit bull dogs and went into the woods...the dogs were found dead...torn to shreds, but again no footprints. After this we moved the next week.  The house is still standing today and even though it is empty and grown up you can still drive by and see the light come on..spooky huh. panic button.gif

jarjar

Love&Darkness

Wow creepy. The dead time thing, thats just what I have read on websites. weather it is true or not I dono. I honestly think it just depends on your haunting. But most of the stuff in that paticular house happend around 3 am. Paranormal? What channel is that on I would love to look into it.

disneyland lady

I really like the guy, Ryan Buell that runs the operation. This is what google says:

Paranormal State is a docudrama reality television series for A&E about a student-led college club, the Pennsylvania State University Paranormal Research Society. The show depicts the students' investigations of paranormal activity and supernatural phenomena.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview