PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 08:53:26 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My reason for being late to work is ....

Started by Darling SilverDodger,

Previous topic - Next topic

Darling SilverDodger

Is there a reason you're late ... or is it just an excuse?

It seems people will use any excuse for being late for work nowadays.

Here are some of the real-life excuses hiring managers have heard from their employees explaining their tardiness:

I got mugged and was tied to the steering wheel of my car.
My deodorant was frozen to the window sill.
My car door fell off.
It was too windy.
I dreamt I was already at work.
I had to go to the hospital because I drank antifreeze.
I had an early morning gig as a clown.
A roach crawled in my ear.
I saw an elderly lady at a bus stop and decided to pick her up.
My dog swallowed my cell phone.

So, now what your reason for being late to work?

Well Boss,  my reason for being late to work is .... the bus driver got stopping this morning for DWI and I had to wait 20 minutes for the next bus
hysterical.gif
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

harley89

TheJayMan

bailey0799

i'm late because my wife  swear2.gif at me and took the car keys away!

wifes!

Darling SilverDodger

i'm late because the wrong kind of snow was on the train's rails  hysterical.gif
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Shushi

I heard my neighbor's kid threatening to kill their pet rhinoceros beetle so I went up there all Here-I-Go-To-Save-The-Day like & reared my foot back to kick open the door.  Then, upon impact, rather than kicking the door open, I kicked a hole into it instead & there I was; foot was all banged up on the inside of my neighbor's front door while I'm on the outside yelling, "Push my foot out, PUSH MY FOOT OUT!!" All while the kid is yelling, "LA CHUPACABRA!!"

*catches breath*

...& that's why I'm late for work....  it's also why I emptied your fish tank to use as a terrarium for the rhinoceros beetle, by the way, I'd like to discuss my getting a raise right now.    whistle.gif

les

I was watching the big brother live feeds and i didn't realize what time it was  footinthemouth.gif

Darling SilverDodger

I'm late because the cat next door taken all my underwear off the clothes line last night

Squid

Darling SilverDodger

Squid

Darling SilverDodger

I'm late because the police had my street closed off raiding the wild party at Homer's house police.gif

Squid

Darling SilverDodger

Squid

Darling SilverDodger

Squid

Darling SilverDodger

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview