PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 10:56:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wow had a 5.9 earthquake today in Va

Started by CindyLouWho,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Hope everyone is safe & their houses are safe!  My house here shook but no damage.  School was supposed to start tomorrow but is cancelled so they can get all the schools inspected 1st.  My brother in Baltimore was at the dentist & when the chair started shaking, he thought the dentist was doing it.. giggle2.gif

Mistyeyed

Homer

I felt like Jerry Lee Lewis... C'mon over baby whole lotta shakin' going on  tongue.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

hysterical.gif Homer! 

My son was in the shed when it started, he thought someone was outside it shaking it trying to aggravate him when the tremor started, lol.   Some buildings in town have some cracks & minor damage but luckily no people injuries which is good! 

Now we have a hurricane on the way this weekend & I'm supposed to be moving Saturday!  Jeeezzzzzzz

Zed36

Stinkerbell

I sure hope everyone is ok! Here in Shaky California we're used to those quakes, but a 5.9 is big for any area, especially yours.

catfancie

At first couldn't figure out why everything was shaking and moving.  I just thought a big heavy truck was speeding down the highway.  Who thinks earthquake at the Jersey Shore.  At least nothing was damaged as far I can tell.  My oldest son was at work in Philly and wound up with a couple of stitches.  Something feel off of a shelf and hit him in the head. 

Joe C

I was at my office, which is less than a mile from the USGS Headquarters (US Geological Survey) here in VA. Our first thought is that the geeks over there got all excited.

Cell phone networks all got crushed from traffic, but no interruption to my cheat programs running at the house.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

CindyLouWho

Glad to ear that everyone is ok!   beer11.gif

I was worried about my niece cause they live in Richmond & she'd just had a kidney transplant not long ago.  But she said she ws in her car when it happened & didn't know about it at first cause the shocks are bad on her car.  She thought she was on a rough patch of road   giggle2.gif

Yea phones were out here for a few too.  I couldn't get thru to my sons cell & he was right here.  Couldn't get thru to my mom's land phone. 

Sugarfootin

GodsmsVee

Felt weird here in MD.  Everybody in a panic couldn't use cell phones to call  but was able to text my family in NYC.  Now we have Hurricane Irene coming our way. Eathquake and hurricane in the same week????  Never in my lifetime, especially on the east coast.!!   Everyone be safe this weekend.  Peace

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview