1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
   1 tablespoon ground black pepper
   1 tablespoon paprika
   1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
   1 teaspoon salt
   1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
   2 egg yolks, beaten
   1 1/2 cups beer or water (I Prefer Beer)

1 quart vegetable oil for frying
   1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces

Directions

In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
   Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
   Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.

wow.gif

jumperman1028

Tara

I've made this before. It makes a mess in your deep fryer, but its pretty good.

Squid

I think I've had real, fried chicken once in my life.  Maybe it's a false memory... not sure.

All that oil turns me off.  Is it greasy?  Do you hear your heart valves slamming shut when you bite into a piece?

I've always had baked, roasted or grilled chicken.

APACHESmooth

Quote from: Squid on May 02, 2012, 04:39:18 AM
I think I've had real, fried chicken once in my life.  Maybe it's a false memory... not sure.

All that oil turns me off.  Is it greasy?  Do you hear your heart valves slamming shut when you bite into a piece?

My body and Cardiovascular system are just fine, I run everyday & do my Yoga. How's your Abs Squid if you have them? Everyday, check it out Squid Bring It: P90X Plyometrics Workout dancing16.gif

swamp

turkey4.gif turkey4.gif turkey4.gif turkey4.gif   us country boy don't go a week without eating this stuff.now add greens,butter beans,corn bread, strawberry onion big ol glass of sweet tea.and that's how we roll in south fl  turkey4.gif turkey4.gif bbq21.gif

gran2x2

CindyLouWho

Yummy Swamp!  You've got me hungry now!  I'm a born & raised WV hillbilly gal living else where now but I still gotta have my greens, beans, corn bread, fried tators etc.  turkey4.gif   And if I didn't have my sweet tea every day, well I just couldn't get thru the day!  bbq21.gif giggle2.gif

Squid

Quote from: Squid on May 02, 2012, 04:39:18 AM
I think I've had real, fried chicken once in my life.  Maybe it's a false memory... not sure.

All that oil turns me off.  Is it greasy?  Do you hear your heart valves slamming shut when you bite into a piece?

You could bounce a quarter off my abs - that is if it doesn't get stuck between the six-pack muscles.   

I want to see the bloodwork on each and every one of you.  I want cholesterol, triglycerides, A1Cs, fasting blood glucose, full chemistry panels and a CBC.  Stat.

swamp

turkey4.gif wow.gif
Quote from: Squid on May 07, 2012, 04:32:42 AM
You could bounce a quarter off my abs - that is if it doesn't get stuck between the six-pack muscles.   

I want to see the bloodwork on each and every one of you.  I want cholesterol, triglycerides, A1Cs, fasting blood glucose, full chemistry panels and a CBC.  Stat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview