This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chess Challenge

Started by gyrospinner,

Previous topic - Next topic

gyrospinner

The square on the far left of the very bottom row is A1, the next square over to the right on the bottom row is B1, then C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 and finally H1 is the square on the far right of the bottom row.

The same letters apply to the row above the bottom row, but the numbers are now 2 instead of 1. The 3rd row up is numbered 3, 4th row is numbered 4, and so on to the very top row, which is numbered 8. The square to the far left on the top row is therefore A8 and the one to the far right on the top row is H8

Here is the chess tip - make the following moves and you will lose by being checkmated in 4 moves:
1. Move your pawn in square F2 to F3.
2. The other player moves their pawn in square E7 to E5.
3. Move your pawn in square G2 to G4.
4. The other player moves their queen from square D8 to H4.

This will result in a quick checkmate, winning the game for the other player. This is known as a "fool's mate" and is the fastest possible complete game.

Sooooooooo - get a partner and do this 10 times (5 times for you and 5 times for them) and you should both have your badges in less than 20 minutes.

evilone373

thanks for the tip transponder  :),will come in handy since i know squat about the game

Super Duckie

oh the old 4 move trick, use to do that when i use to play, there are other ways, but all depeds on how the other person moves

SNOOPER

excuse me...don't mean to be wise butt but shouldn't move #3 be G2 to G4...won't work goin G2 to G3 :)

DEBKARLAR

Super Duckie

gyrospinner

Thank you snooper i fixed it and no you werent being a wise butt lol.

Grandma_Cheater

Boy- thanks for the tip- I've never played that game before.  ;D

gettysrevenge

Here is another tip for the chess challenge.  I haven't tried it out yet but I understand from the chess players that are hard core this is the way to go.  Make a move each player and then ask for a draw.  I believe that is how you can quickly get a win.  Let me know if it works.  I need to get that badge but I dont know anything about chess either.  I would be willing to play with someone in this manner if they are avail.  Just let me know ok  I sometimes dont even care if i get both badges cause I have fun playing other games.  I mean chess of all games,  How about hot potato for people that need something easy to play lol  Or how about go fish LOL  that would be easy, better than the darn frog jumping around.  My little one likes to play that one.  But even he gets mad lol  Getty  :o

Homer

Not everyone is willing to do the draw thing. Play the robot and do it and you will have badge in less than a minute. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

kizzakad

i did the chess challenge using my  sn and my friends sn  and the forfit is so much easier, it only takes 5 mins to get ure badge, set timer to 1min and move 1 piece and when the timer runs out you both get the point.

Super Duckie

i done the draw thing, it does work, i was going around the rooms helping others get it that way.  Takes about 1 minute doing it that way

gettysrevenge

Quote from: Homer on July 23, 2004, 01:41:08 PM
Not everyone is willing to do the draw thing. Play the robot and do it and you will have badge in less than a minute. ;)
My man you were so right!!  Thanks for the info, I dont even think it was even a min lol  Your the man homer  Getty ;)

Homer

nick80

i use the draw thing with another girl who was just wanting the badge...worked in about 2 mins. then i went around and helped other people...good to give back to the community. LOL

Homer

Yes nick it is good to help others and welcome to the forum. :)

Fitzkarin

:P

Okay guys ... call me stupid but I can't get the whole "... move one and let the timer run out ..." thing to work.  I even attempted to resign and it didn't work.  Can someone give me the breakdown on how to do it?

Thanks!!

bugsmom

if u tell me what room your in , in pogo i would glad to come in and help you get the badge ;D

Fitzkarin

I'm in beginners ... Room 183 ... table 53

Password:  mmm

bugsmom

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview