This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Phyllis Diller died in her sleep at 95

Started by ozcar,

Previous topic - Next topic

ozcar

Comedian Phyllis Diller -- who paved the way for today's female comics -- died this morning, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Diller tell us the comedian died in her sleep at her L.A. home, surrounded by family. She was 95.

We're told Diller had recently fallen, hurting her wrist and hip -- but her rep says the injury had nothing to do with her death.

Diller suffered a heart attack in 1999 and was later fitted with a pacemaker.

Phyllis began her career all the way back in 1952 -- and rose to fame with her TV specials alongside Bob Hope in the 1960s.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/phyllis-diller-dead/#ixzz2494HyabZ

harley89

She was a pioneer, I remember watching her on TV(black and white) before she had plastic surgery. She was so funny. And all those female comics today have her to thank for building the path they followed

Falcon!

I never watched her shows (wish i did) but my mom said that she was the funniest person on earth.

MsMissy

harley, im with you, i also watched her in Black& White before color TV came out. She was a very funny lady & famous for her wild hairstyle she wore. another great funny lady gone but not forgotten.
Rest in Peace Phyliis.

Squid

CindyLouWho

I remember watching her also when I was little, I especially liked her & Bob Hope together in a show.  She was a wacky lady & fun to watch.  R.I.P.  angel19.gif angel19.gif

gran2x2

Loved her jokes about her hubby "Fang" girls18.gif..All the really funny ones are leaving us..

MIAMISTORM

Does anyone else remember her short lived but very funny show which ran for less than one season called 'The Pruitts of Southampton? She played a wealthy lady living in a mansion with her butler. The problem was she owed the IRS lots of money in back taxes. The IRS let her continue to live in her mansion broke, all the while putting on an act for the neighbors that she was still rich. It was through her act of still being rich that she continued to find herself in hysterically funny situations. That show was my first memory of Ms. Diller.  lipstick.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview