PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 02:33:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Following with Kevin Bacon

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

I watched the pilot last night and am now hooked.Anyone else watch it???

CindyLouWho

Heck I wanted to watch it but forgot about it..lol  I like watching him.   popcorn2.gif

Squid

I saw it and was disappointed.  I can't quite put my finger on it....

I don't think I'll be tuning in.

gran2x2

I like Bacon so I will watch it every week... blowkisses.gif...Been hooked on him since Footloose days... giggle2.gif

CindyLouWho

Oh yea I liked him in Footloose, didn't like the remake tho!   rolleyes.gif  He played a good role in Sleepers but didn't like him playing a bad guy  hysterical.gif  Loved him in Tremors.

ozcar

Quote from: CindyLouWho on January 27, 2013, 01:56:45 AM
Oh yea I liked him in Footloose, didn't like the remake tho!   rolleyes.gif  He played a good role in Sleepers but didn't like him playing a bad guy  hysterical.gif  Loved him in Tremors.

Sounds like a love him hate him relationship going on here.

snap20

Thought the show was great....I really like the Poe background/premise. The acting was really great too. I just hope the episodes don't get ridiculous or repetitive like some shows get. I'll be watching every week for now. We'll see how it unfolds.

CindyLouWho

He's supposed to be on the Rachael Ray show this morn, 10 am eastern time. 

hysterical.gif ozcar...good way to put it but its the same with any actor, like some of their movies, hate some of em  popcorn2.gif

hotpinklovesofa

I like dark so I really hope it remains dark and maybe goes even darker. I also hope it doesn't turn into one of those boring CBS procedurals (yes I know it's on Fox.) I'm giving it a few weeks to see how the story develops and hopefully it'll be more about the characters and less about reaching conclusions and solving a crime every week.  I have high hopes though as both Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy are amazing actors.  I can't recall who the creators/writers are but I trust KB's judgment.

By the way Kevin Bacon was unbelievable in Sleepers. I LOVE that film.  It's a hard subject matter but so well made.  The acting in that was incredible.

snap20

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on January 28, 2013, 05:41:15 AM
By the way Kevin Bacon was unbelievable in Sleepers. I LOVE that film.  It's a hard subject matter but so well made.  The acting in that was incredible.

Speaking of horrible subject matter, but a great performance by Bacon, check out "The Woodsman" if you haven't. Great acting all around, but he's incredible in it.

CindyLouWho

Oh I like dark movies too, I've never seen Woodsman but will check it out.   popcorn2.gif 

gran2x2

Am I the only one who thinks the missing boy will turn out to be kevin's son???

snap20

Quote from: gran2x2 on January 29, 2013, 12:03:38 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the missing boy will turn out to be kevin's son???

Nope, thought that right away when they revealed he knew the wife. I keep hoping that's not the case, because i thought it was pretty obvious. I'm hoping that the new FBI agent doesn't turn out to be working for the killer too, as that would be entirely too obvious.

hotpinklovesofa

I think I'm off the show. It's failing to hold my attention and make me care about the characters. I've never really lasted long with Kevin Williamson projects so I guess yet another one bites the dust.  Let me know if it finally picks up but for now I think I'll take it off my DVR.

snap20

Poor Billy Brown. I won't name the other show I'm a fan of that he got killed off in (so I don't spoil it), but that has to suck. He either needs to find a project that will keep him alive, or read past the first episode before he takes a job in a series. :(  He's a pretty decent actor too.

Zed36

I think the new show is Great. popcorn2.gif.

Bacon ..in Hollowman...good bad guy

gigi

Love Bacon, Bacon goes with everything, lol.  But did they have to cast  James Purefoy  as the bad guy? OMG something about him that makes me not want to hate him.  Of course looking like Gerard Butler's brother doesn't help

Squid

Quote from: gigi on February 08, 2013, 09:22:10 AM
Of course looking like Gerard Butler's brother doesn't help
Beauty is in the eye....

I think they're both funny looking.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: snap20 on January 28, 2013, 04:51:19 PM
Speaking of horrible subject matter, but a great performance by Bacon, check out "The Woodsman" if you haven't. Great acting all around, but he's incredible in it.

I have it coming in from Netflex, should have it Monday or Tues

harley89

I like Kevin bacon but have not watched this show yet. I know him and his wife still have to work since losing 50M to bernie Madoff.   He said he got to keep his house and his cars and everything else was gone.  I hated it cause they seem like nice people.  But a lot of nice people  lost in that mess

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview