Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

(WEBROOTANYWHERE.COM)

Started by snowflower,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

white flag.gif panic button.gif help.gif
I have a strange problem on my desktop computer. (A cookie I'll refer to shortly) is turning my BANKING SCREEN BLACK. As well, my Play Buddies come up as before but with a black screen behind them .. apparently this black screen is all the Buddies can see and not allowing them to see the games in order to play them. Play Buddies Support identified this problem and gave me the name of the site. They also left me a link where I could go in and 'allow' the Buddies to work. I can't get this to work because there's no appearance of an icon that they refer to. On top of that I can't do anything at all at that site "because I'm not a member" therefore I can access nothing.

There's an 'empty ghost cookie' in my users files named: (rose@webrootanywhere.com). I've NO CLUE where this file came from on my hard drive and it won't even let me access it. Apparently it belongs to an anti-virus program site. How I received it do not know. Norton can't get rid of it because it shows them that "the program is not on my computer" and they can't get rid of an issue they can't find. So where did this ridiculous Cookie come from that I didn't ask for, doesn't work, is not a program, won't let me get rid of it, blocks my Banking Page and stops my Buddies from working?? Anyone got any ideas; please, please???

S1lent

Greetings,
I hate those surprises.   You can try Microsoft Malware removal tool.  I ran it on all three of my Windows 10 computers.  It didn't detect any malware.
Best of luck.

And let us know what you find out.

S1lent

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

snowflower

Thanks Silent ... not sure if Norton will allow it in but certainly give this a try.  undecided.gif

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on August 25, 2015, 07:35:39 PM
Thanks Silent ... not sure if Norton will allow it in but certainly give this a try.  undecided.gif

Downloaded and ran the Malware Program. The outcome - no infections found. Now isn't this just the weirdest thing you've ever heard of?
Thanks so much Silent ... it could've fixed it as well as not. Think I'll go out and play in the traffic for a bit, just for a change of pace, lol.
Any other helpful hints welcome along the highway.....

C~M

Here is some info for Webroot:

Web Security Service Support
----------------------------------
1-877-612-6009
saassupport@webroot.com

Contact Form:
----------------
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

I would ask them what it is, how it got on your computer, and how to get rid of it.

Edit:
===

You could also try KillBox to delete it:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/pocket_killbox.html

snowflower

tumbsup.gif Thank you CM ... I'll try that as soon as I get back home...... ty ty

snowflower

Quote from: Crazy~Man on August 25, 2015, 09:26:11 PM
Here is some info for Webroot:

undecided.gif
I'm back ... and thank you CM and everyone else that's tried to help me with my desktop computer. I took your advice CM and called Webroot and one of their techs came into my computer and wasn't able to find the "cookie" to remove it. But that's a very helpful number to have, under different circumstances it might have been my answer so thank you for that. Then I downloaded and ran Killbox ... you won't believe this one .. it couldn't find this "cookie" either. Afterward, not being sure whether to keep it or not, I uninstalled it but I can always reinstall it later if need be. It was through a screenshot to Play Buddies informing me that they'd detected Webroot on my computer. Otherwise, I'd have never known what was going on.
shocked.gif
None of the browsers will allow the buddies to run .. they just can't find the program. IE turns my screen - first to black - then normal but will not load pogo games at all. Chrome loads the programs, but the Buddies can't find the game. F/fox is the same as Chrome (with the exception that F/fox's page at 100% is HUGE and I can't seem to find the setting to make it smaller). I must admit I'm not very technically inclined. My ONLINE BANKING SCREEN works fine in all three browsers now.
cheesy.gif
BUT on my win/7 laptop, Chrome works the best .. loads pogo games and runs the Buddies. Same black image box on the left side of the Buddies but they play just fine. IE will not load pogo games nor will F/fox. Chrome works great, it loads Pogo games and runs the Buddies. Strange thing for this laptop, I haven't even had it on in Pogo for almost a month .. I discovered all this when I turned it on today. Thankfully my ONLINE BANKING SCREEN works fine in all three browsers on my laptop as well. Would this have anything to do with my not downloading win/10 yet, maybe? Anyway for now, I think I'll go back out in the traffic .. not have as much stuff to fight with out there, lol. Thanks so much, appreciate all the help and suggestions!

C~M

Can you actually SEE the "Ghost" cookie?
If so, you can drag and drop it onto Killbox.
Then have it delete it on reboot if it can't delete it normally.

snowflower

Quote from: Crazy~Man on August 26, 2015, 07:32:48 PM
Can you actually SEE the "Ghost" cookie?
If so, you can drag and drop it onto Killbox.
Then have it delete it on reboot if it can't delete it normally.

coffee.gif
Sure wish I could, CM. Problem is, although I can see the this 'Ghost" cookie within my cookie file, but I can't drag and drop it because it will not allow access. I might've been trying to access it through the wrong place, maybe? (As I said before, I'm really not very technically inclined). It'd be nice if I could have had someone with some tech experience that could've come in through a window, locate the darn thing and KILL it for me, lol. My son used to do this type of work for me but he's out of the country on a job and I can't even reach him right now.
magnifier.gif
But there's some additional new news, maybe good, maybe bad, lol. Not sure if I'm getting myself into more trouble than I'm already in. I started to download win/10 on the desktop ... I've tried everything else, including a couple of system restores. How much trouble I've started for myself with this tact will likely show itself by knocking me for a few more loops if it ever finishes downloading. Sure takes a real long time doesn't it. Are there any special settings that might be helpful to me with this? I'm back and forth a lot these days but at least I can try when I am here after all the dust settles, lol.
dancing16.gif
The highways been not too bad, thanks for catching up with me .. SO much appreciated, my friends. Any helpful win/10 info is definitely welcome at any time. And thanks for all your time and patience!!

C~M

Here is a free cookie program:

Cookie Monster

Description

This utility is a manager for the cookies created by the most usual Windows browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Mozilla and Opera (only basic support for this one). It also works with any Gecko-based browser and most of the browsers based in Internet Explorer. You can set a list with the cookies that you want to protect and then delete the remaining ones with a simple mouse click (all the browsers at the same time). It also have the option of detecting the cookies for the sites included in your favorites and/or bookmarks.

Useful for people who care about their privacy but don't want to disable or block all the cookies (a lot of pages need them for working properly).

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

Edit:
-----
I installed it and had browsers closed and it kept telling me to close FF and then Chrome so it could access the cookies.
It may work for you tho.

snowflower

Quote from: Crazy~Man on August 27, 2015, 09:46:05 PM
Here is a free cookie program:

Cookie Monster

Description

This utility is a manager for the cookies created by the most usual Windows browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Mozilla and Opera (only basic support for this one). It also works with any Gecko-based browser and most of the browsers based in Internet Explorer. You can set a list with the cookies that you want to protect and then delete the remaining ones with a simple mouse click (all the browsers at the same time). It also have the option of detecting the cookies for the sites included in your favorites and/or bookmarks.

Useful for people who care about their privacy but don't want to disable or block all the cookies (a lot of pages need them for working properly).

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

Edit:
-----
I installed it and had browsers closed and it kept telling me to close FF and then Chrome so it could access the cookies.
It may work for you tho.

huh.gif
This seems a SUPER tool to have as well CM ... Thanks so very much. I'm sure many other members will be pleased to access this for any of their issues too!
I've installed win/10 on this Desktop (seemingly without issues so far). Not sure I did everything right but followed the prompts and told it to install Express....
Not sure that was the proper thing to do ... but it works - so far. Still doesn't recognize Pogo Buddies game window though, all the same issues there.
The Buddies work great on my win/7 laptop so at least I have that to use in Pogo on my 'feel up to playing' days.
You know ... you've been great though all this. Thanks again - SO much appreciated!!

Squid

**Stupidity Alert! **

I'm not sure what any of this is.

... and now back to our regular programming.

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on August 28, 2015, 10:49:22 AM
**Stupidity Alert! **

I'm not sure what any of this is.

... and now back to our regular programming.

Make that 2 ( two ) in the stupidity dept..................I hain't got a clue either    mask2.gif    giggle2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview