This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bing Rewards (continued)

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I wonder how much money Bing gave away in Amazon gift cards? (especially on the first year ...)
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on January 19, 2024, 12:04:17 AMI wonder how much money Bing gave away in Amazon gift cards? (especially on the first year ...)
I remember there were people who worked the system so hard (with autos and programs and so many accounts) that they furnished part of their homes, etc.  Some people came away with many thousands.  I worked the system, too, but never to that degree.  I would imagine that those taking part in the program (Amazon, Burger King, Dominoes, etc.), gave Bing a big break just to have that kind of exposure.  I'm close to getting my last ten Amazon bucks.  I can't keep up that searching pace all day long, plus with everything on Pogo, plus I have a job, plus I have a home to take care of, etc.  I can't be online ALL DAY long.

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on January 19, 2024, 04:54:48 AMI remember there were people who worked the system so hard (with autos and programs and so many accounts) that they furnished part of their homes, etc.  Some people came away with many thousands.  I worked the system, too, but never to that degree.  I would imagine that those taking part in the program (Amazon, Burger King, Dominoes, etc.), gave Bing a big break just to have that kind of exposure.  I'm close to getting my last ten Amazon bucks.  I can't keep up that searching pace all day long, plus with everything on Pogo, plus I have a job, plus I have a home to take care of, etc.  I can't be online ALL DAY long.
There are a lot of us in the same boat. Some like myself, just don't do the all time consuming stuff. It's all very discouraging, we do have a LIFE outside of online games that needs our time too.

Mayhem

I never thought of that. Your right, all those companies would have given Bing a break on the gift card in exchange for the exposure. I'm sure it's because of the bigtime abusers of the system, is why these restrictions are now in place.

C~M

For 2 days now I've been able to do all searches on mobile with no problem. On desktop though, have to search and make sure credit was given then search again and repeat. I've gotten all points for 2 days ow.

Maybe enough people complained to them so they changed it back.

Mayhem

Yeah, they could've reverted the changes.

@Squid - are you seeing the same results?

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on January 28, 2024, 12:06:27 AM@Squid - are you seeing the same results?

No, I'm not.  I start by doing the 3 searches in the 15 minute window and I get the points.  Then I try continuing immediately to search, getting no points.  In fifteen minutes, I try searching again and I get 3 searches and the points.  Once in a while I will get a fourth search right after the 3rd.  Sometimes I will search much later after my last search and get no points at all.  All this is generally true on both desktop and mobile.

On mobile, I am getting the signing in bonus each day which amounts to anywhere from 5 to 40 points, depending on the day.
On mobile, I am also getting an extra 30 points per day for "reading" the news stories.  I just click on the story, get 3 points and quickly move on to the next story.  I have to do this 10 times.  Sometimes, I actually read the story!  lol

Bing has made it drudgery for me. 

Mayhem

Google makes billions every year, so now is the time for them to start a rewards program while everyone is unhappy with Bing's.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on January 29, 2024, 12:07:31 AMGoogle makes billions every year, so now is the time for them to start a rewards program while everyone is unhappy with Bing's.
That would be so nice.  It's my guess, though, that Google is so entrenched in the search world and in the mind of searchers around the globe that they don't feel a need to do this.  Bing did it to cut into Google's business.  Google is now a verb in the vernacular, Bing is not.

C~M

Mayhem

I stumbled upon this tidbit on Google earlier today : In 2021 alone, Google paid $26 billion to other companies to ensure its search engine was the default on web browsers and mobile phones.

It must be nice to have that kind of disposable income.

Squid

C~M

They also brought back the 30 points for reading news articles.

Squid

Quote from: C~M on February 19, 2024, 10:33:02 PMThey also brought back the 30 points for reading news articles.
Scroll up.  I said that but I never lost the reading points.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on January 29, 2024, 12:07:31 AMGoogle makes billions every year, so now is the time for them to start a rewards program while everyone is unhappy with Bing's.
I recently read that Google has 82% of the desktop searches and 94% of the mobile searches.

Mayhem

In January 2024, the online search engine Bing accounted for 3.43 percent of the global search market across all devices, while market leader Google held a search traffic share of around 91.47 percent. Meanwhile, Yandex's market share was 1.78 percent, while Yahoo! represented around 1.1 percent.

This is how much Google has dominated the past 9 years.

Squid

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview