This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Big Brother - Celebrity Edition, Season 1 - 2018

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Premiere is on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018 on CBS at 8:00 pm EST.

The lineup:

Ariadna Gutiérrez
Hometown: Born in Sincelejo, Colombia but raised in Barranquilla, Colombia
Current city: Miami, Florida
Three adjectives that describe you: Determined, optimistic, and generous.
Favorite activities: Family time, healthy living, and traveling.

******************************************************************************************************

Brandi Lynn Glanville
Hometown: Sacramento, California
Current city: Los Angeles, California
Occupation: Mom, New York Times bestselling author, beauty blogger, and reality TV personality
Three adjectives that describe you: Honest, outspoken, and loyal.
Favorite activities: Cooking and dancing.

******************************************************************************************************

Chuck Liddell
Hometown: Santa Barbara, California
Current city: Calabasas, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Loyal, genuine, and competitive.
Favorite activities: Martial arts, playing with my kids, and any competitive games.

*******************************************************************************************************

James Maslow
Hometown: San Diego, California
Current city: Venice, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Focused, sarcastic, and woke.
Favorite activities: Working out, surfing, playing music, and working on my '72 Bronco.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Keshia Knight Pulliam
Hometown: New Jersey
Current city: Atlanta, Georgia
Three adjectives that describe you: Optimistic, genuine, and loving.
Favorite activities: Spending time with family, the beach or pool and cooking.

****************************************************************************************************

Marissa Jaret Winokur
Hometown: Bedford, New York
Current city: Toluca Lake, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Loud, loyal, and feisty.
Favorite activities: Working, snuggling with my dog, and eating popcorn.

*************************************************************************************************************

Mark McGrath
Hometown: Newport Beach, California
Current city: Studio City, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Irish, spaz, and needy.
Favorite activities: Hanging with my kids, playing guitar, and running.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Metta World Peace
Hometown: Queens, New York
Current city: Los Angeles, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Ambitious, driven, and competitive.
Favorite activities: Being with my kids, being around my kids, and watching boxing.

**********************************************************************************************

Omarosa
Hometown: Youngstown, Ohio
Current city: Jacksonville, Florida
Three adjectives that describe you: Devoted, dynamic, and driven.
Favorite activities: As a newlywed, I enjoy traveling the world with my husband.

************************************************************************************************

Ross Mathews
Hometown: Mt. Vernon, Washington
Current city: Los Angeles/Palm Springs, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Upbeat, kind-hearted, and competitive.
Favorite activities: Happy hour, brunch, and morning walks

*****************************************************************************************************

Shannon Elizabeth
Hometown: Born in Houston, Texas. Grew up from third grade through high school in Waco, Texas, then lived in Los Angeles for 20+ years, and now my hometown is.....
Current city: Cape Town, South Africa
Three adjectives that describe you: Compassionate, focused, and persistent.
Favorite activities: My favorite activities are working with animals in any capacity, traveling, yoga, hiking, taking my dog, Peanut, to the beach, tennis, going to the gym, and watching Big Brother and The Amazing Race!

mycatownsme

Watched the first show and was not impressed.
But the next 2 got better and I am getting to know who is who and only 2 people I hope to be sent home ASAP.
I have been recording the CBS shows and also the POP shows from midnight to three in the morning to be able to watch when I have the time.
I do like the faster pace of the show with it being shown more times a week.
I also found out when Chuck got voted out last night that he will be able to go home and not to a jury house and watch every single show including the ones he will no longer be in.
AND he will be able to vote for the winner at the end. Great new twist to the show that sounded pretty interesting.
Happy to have recorded it so I can watch when I have the time. Other wise I think it would be hard to keep up and catch all that is going on. popcorn2.gif

Squid

I recorded last night and haven't watched it yet, so Chuck was a spoiler!  That's ok... I don't mind spoilers.  I like the faster pace, too.  This show is only on for about a month or so, I think.  I like those changes in the game play you mentioned above.  Will they reach a point on the evictions when people do go to a jury house?  I suppose not if everyone is still going to be allowed to vote for a winner.

I really like Shannon.  I think she's very smart but the problem is that she's showing her intelligence to everyone which will, indeed, make her a threat to the others.  I hope she goes far. 

I was surprised to see Omarosa be so honest two nights ago.  She has this long term love-hate thing going with Trump but I think she is viewing him very differently now.  I was happy to see her being so honest and a little vulnerable (just a little). 

I really, really, really do not like James Maslow.  He's all ego and bravado - such a turn off for me.  I hope he gets ousted.

I'll be watching for your updates, Kitty Cat!

mycatownsme

I am usually thoughtful in not posting the good ending stuff from the day before.
I do apologize for that and will work hard not to do that again.
It does take away a part of the fun of watching and seeing for yourself.
I got so caught up in the change from the usual and it gave me my lack of better judgment.

Nothing was said about how many will be getting what Chuck got and so not sure if there will be a cut off point or what will be happening. I was wondering if this meant they could talk to one another once being evicted. So new and different but did not see this coming at all. And he can watch the shows from before he was evicted also and see all that had been said or done. All of it.
h
Shannon is playing a bad game in words but rather do a 10 letter word. But she is that type of person who has to do her best at everything and I wonder if she has watched BB shows to see just how things work?  Do not stand out so much. Just my opinion. She is awesome at every single thing and has no idea that being that good of a player sets her up to go home sooner then later. Who is going to keep a good player to the end like her? The money always takes priority and they all want that money. But I sure do enjoy her personality and think she is a wonderful person. Just too honest and good.

When I watched Omarosa talking about Trump and the White House I thought FBI agents were going to be knocking down doors and handcuffs were going to be slapped on her wrists and she was done playing. Her taxes will be audited for the rest of her life.  giggle2.gif And anything else the government can do to shut her up will be done just to make her miserable. Not good for her and pretty stupid too. Telling Ross to be afraid or/and worried. Nope, bad move with big mouth. Looking forward to seeing where this story will go after this month. This clip of her talking made headline news and even our local news. Did not expect this at all and BB aired it too. I thought they would cut away from her talking like this to other people but they didn't. Glad I recorded it and will burn to a CD for memory of it for my grandchildren to see. I think this is pretty big time stuff and believe there is more to come as a result. She did not have to say that stuff and wonder what her thinking was to do it?  rolleyes.gif

Brandy can not change her drinking habits and it is very sad to watch. I saw her on house wife of Beverly hills show and believe her drinking is what led to her getting thrown off of that show.
One of the worst things she did, of many, was slapping Lisa Vanderpump across the face. Brandy claims she was just playing around. Her drinking caused that poor judgment once again. And Vanderpump is a producer or some kind of big wig with that show so she has the ability to get you kicked off especially when  doing something like that. But anyways, that is another show and off topic.
I will not spoil anything here and wait to see what you think or anyone else who is watching.

Final thought...James Maslow. I do agree with what you have said about him. But....I think he may win. My reason is I can see the girls falling apart even though there are more of them and could control the house if they could get it together.
James is a guys guy and has not done anything wrong but look cute and he is darn handsome.
He has backed away from any conflict like the one started on day one. He is strong and seems liked by many. I am glad to see him in the show because he is who he is. But after seeing him work out I know he is going to be a physical competition beast and one to be reckoned with. But so far the ego stuff seems to be going away and he seems to be more layed back and secure there. But in the beginning, yep, his ego was huge and took away from how attractive he is and what a nice guy he is now too. Will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Squid

I've never seen Brandy before and didn't know who she is.  She ALWAYS has a glass of wine in her hands.  Her plastic surgery is disturbing to me.  People who do that always look so weird to me... so unnatural.

I think the girls are foolish.  They REALLY have the numbers now but are going to let the alliance crumble nevertheless.  I think Keisha was stupid to insist on Shannon using the veto.  Using the veto was only supposed to send a message to Mark but put a huge target on Shannon and on Keisha.  Why do that?  IMO, Shannon was right not to use it.  Then Keisha starts talking about how Shannon's actions are only in the interest of Shannon's game but then Keisha starts getting attitude because Shannon didn't do what Keisha wanted.  Who the hell does Keisha think she is?  SO HYPOCRITICAL.  Keisha is definitely about the power and Shannon is definitely about the game play.

Omarosa and Keisha did it... they have to bring race into the mix.  Such a turn off for me.  How about you just be a regular player like everyone else, girls?  UGH

I think that as people are evicted, BB can't stop them from having contact on the outside.  Having all the information about what is being said behind the scenes can be a real game changer.  YOU KNOW that people are going to be offended by the private comments and that may very well influence their decision for a winner.

I loved that Ariadna shot down James while in the baby costumes.  He was gently putting the moves on her and she just said NO.  Maybe you're right... maybe James will grow on me but right now I don't find him at all attractive, not at all handsome.  People's behavior really affect the way my eyes see them.  I think he's all ego and a little bit of a bully.  Maybe it's nerves in the beginning of the game.  I'll try to keep an open mind.

I really like Marissa.  I really like Ross, too, but I fear his mouth is going to get him into lots of trouble.

mycatownsme

I was  just gonna write and now have someone knocking at my door.
I hope I didn't forget a lunch get together with the gals.

I will check back later.  dancing16.gif

Squid

Is it my imagination or are the celebrities extremely sensitive?  They consider EVERYTHING a personal attack.  Even Marissa said she was attacked tonight and she really wasn't.  Also, do these dames do anything other than look in mirrors and put on make up?

mycatownsme

Since my last post, I have not been able or willing to watch any more of this show. I will stop by my favorite web site that posts about what is going on but a quick look and leave.
Not sure if it is due to real life stuff going on or the show just is not interesting to me.

Omarosa is getting paid 1.3 million dollars to be on this show.  Nothing more said then that so I don't know what others are getting and what happens if they win in the end or not.
But this put the final stamp on not being interested any more due to production at Big Brother doing things behind the scenes, which has always been a rumor in the past, that showed an advantage towards a certain player etc.

Good to see you're able to hang in there Squid. You are not alone in your feelings that you posted. It is sad to see this happening but good they have less then a week to go.

And even better we will have Survivor on again. That will be lots better to watch.

Squid

I don't blame you, Cat.  I will probably watch until the end because it's such a short "season".  Even the celebs are asking to be voted off the show, which makes this more of a game of "Who can stand it the most" and not a game of strategy.  Survivor:  coming soon!

mycatownsme

I did read that Metta finally got his wish to go home. Do you know if BB let him have the
Owl stuffed animal? He sure did like it and curious to know if he got to take it home.

Yeah, just a few more days and they all will be home again.
I do have hopes for who I would like to see win but not enough to keep watching to see if I could figure it out before that last night. But I will check to see about that.
This cat is curious.  cat64.gif

Squid

mycatownsme

If he did not get that owl then my vote is going to go to him as America Vote.
He can get lots with 25 grand.
I also felt bad that Chuck got voted out first and if Metta had gotten his owl then my votes would have gone to him. But this is Celeb BB.  wow.gif giggle2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview