Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Update on HD Games Running Slow in Chrome and Edge

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Hello Pogo Community,

Thank you so much for your reports of the HD games running slowly over the last several days. The team was able to investigate and found the issue. Certain computer drivers were recently added to the chromium block list, which impacts both Chrome and Edge since they both run on the Chromium platform. Firefox is not experiencing this issue.

To identify if you're experiencing performance issues due to this specific issue, you can follow these steps:

In your Chrome browser, type the following into your address bar:

chrome://gpu

In you're using Edge, you can type this into your address bar instead:

edge://gpu

The results will look something like this if you are experiencing this issue:

To resolve this Chromium issue, you'll need to update some drivers to continue using Chrome or Edge without performance issues. Please follow the steps below to update to the latest drivers available for your GPU.

Here are the steps if you're on Windows:

- Press win+r on your keyboard (the "win" button is the one between left ctrl and alt).
- Type "devmgmt" and hit enter to bring up the Device Manager.
- Look for "Display adapters" and click the ">" to show your graphics card.
- Right-click your graphics card and select "Properties".
- Go to the "Driver" tab.
- Click "Update Driver"
- Choose the "Search automatically for updated driver software" option.
- Follow the on screen instructions.

For more information, including screenshots, please see this Microsoft support page.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-drivers-in-windows-10-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126dc1f7b6

Here are the steps if you're using a Mac:

- Click the Apple logo.
- On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update".
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a graphics driver update, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.
- You can also visit this Apple support page for screenshots and additional information.

Once you've updated your drivers, return to Chrome or Edge and use the chrome://gpu or edge://gpu commands in the address bar. The results should now look more like this, showing hardware acceleration is enabled.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your continued support of Pogo!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Thanks for the heads up!  I checked and it appears I'm doing well.   

LittleFawn

I have a gaming computer so this is not an issue for me. I would highly advise to keep your graphics card updated.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.