PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 10:00:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Betty White Dead at 99

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Beloved actress, comedian and American icon Betty White has died, just weeks before a milestone birthday ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources say that Betty passed away at her home just before 9:30 AM Friday.

A trailblazer and pioneer in media, Betty had the longest running career for any woman in TV prior to her death - starring in multiple shows over the past 8 decades, starting way back in 1939.

Betty had been extra cautious during the pandemic, mostly chilling at home and passing the time by reading, watching TV and doing crossword puzzles.

A source close to Betty tells she didn't have any sudden illness, nor was she battling any particular ailment. She's believed to have died from natural causes.

Betty was 99 and she would have celebrated her 100th birthday on January 17th.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I saw this on the news.  I almost cried.  Loved her!  I wish she made it to 100.  RIP, Betty, thanks for the entertainment!

snowflower

We love and miss you Betty. You've left us with many delightful hours of laughter, sweet memories and your special brand of entertainment. With delightful reminiscences you will live on forever. You've earned your wings and Heaven will enjoy your special kind of merriment. RIP Betty White.

Stinkerbell

What a great lady! I am also sad she didn't make it to 100, but what an amazing life ride she had. And no scandals!!!

Do we know if this was an old age passing, or was she ill?

Squid

I read that she wasn't experiencing illness.  I don't know how true it is. 

LittleFawn

I read earlier today that she had a stroke six days earlier and that she died of complications due to the stoke.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview