This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

'WKRP' Star Howard Hesseman Dead at 81

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Howard Hesseman, best known as Dr. Johnny Fever on "WKRP in Cincinnati," died Saturday in Los Angeles.

Hesseman's wife, Caroline Ducrocq, tells TMZ he was at Cedars-Sinai in L.A. for colon surgery last summer ... but when it resulted in complications ... that's when things started to go south.

Caroline says he was hospitalized January 5 due to complications from that surgery. It got worse 5 days later when he had trouble breathing. He began experiencing breathing difficulties and ended up in ICU. Caroline says that was the beginning of the end.

Howard's breakout role was the hilarious Dr. Johnny Fever on "WKRP." Hesseman prepared for the role by working as a DJ in San Francisco at KMPX-FM for several months leading up to the production. He was nominated for a Primetime Emmy.

He was 81 years old.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

So sad. I loved this show and Howard's role. He was funny and unique in his characterization.

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on March 01, 2022, 12:40:05 AM
This show and Taxi was popular at my house.

My mom's favorite scene from any show ever was the Thanksgiving turkey giveaway from WKRP in Cincinnati.

Darling SilverDodger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Darling SilverDodger on March 02, 2022, 05:38:56 AM
Who knew that turkey could not fly

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

It's one of my favorite memories of my mother. I've never seen her laugh so hard that she couldn't catch her breath, over that one scene. Every single time she saw it.

Mayhem

I don't remember that one! I'll have to look it up on YouTube.

Darling SilverDodger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Mayhem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview