PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 10:51:23 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Graphics Card

Started by LittleFawn,

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleFawn

Let me try to describe what happened. On Friday I was playing a game and exited the game. I went to two different web pages and on the second web page my screen just went black. I had to push power button on computer to shut it down. When rebooting the computer black screen came back but with one horizontal line about halfway on the screen. I did some research and it said Windows 11 was very inclined to do this. Until Friday I have had no issues with the graphics card. Can a graphics card just stop working without any warning. I am on another computer. Will save some money but has any other person experienced any kind of issues with Windows 11 and there graphics card?

snowflower

Not me so far LIttleFawn. Maybe Mayhem can be of some help to you, he's pretty good with this stuff.

The only problem I have is my Uncle Auto won't help me play Pogo on win/11. I've tried everything but all to no avail. So now it's down to play what I can by hand and it's ok. It is what it is. To top it all off, hurricane Fiona just went through here like a unmanned loaded freight train! ! I've been out for 4 days. GADS!

I hope it all works out for you LittleFawn.  embrace.gif

Squid

My computers are still running Win 10.  They aren't compatible with an upgrade to 11.

LittleFawn

From asking around it looks to be a display or GPU failing. I was not in Pogo, I play World of Warcraft in my spare time. When I am able will get the card tested to see oif it indeed failing.

S1lent

Greetings Fawn and all you other PogoCheats,
Before downloading a Graphics Card tester software that are loaded with all kinds of unwanted programs...do this. Windows 10 has a built in program to test your GPU.  Just type Task Manager in your "Type here to search" located right next to your Windows icon...lower left.
Good Luck
S1lent

LittleFawn

I cannot test the graphics card myself because when I turn the computer on it gives me a black screen with one horizontal line going about halfway across the screen. Also, I am using Windows 11 not 10. Also, I did find where you were talking about. I almost betting it is my display that is failing.

Mayhem

I don't have windows 11, as my current machine is not compatible.

With that said, a graphics card can just fail on you at any time. Do you hear any beeping sounds from inside your computer? Most motherboards will either beep or display a 2-digit error code when something goes wrong.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

There was no beeping or code. I will have to take it to get looked at. It was the oddest thing that all of a sudden it just went black but as you said graphic cards can just fail without warning.

Mayhem

Do you have another computer? You may want to see if the monitor is the issue.

LittleFawn

In all actuality I think it is the GPU because I am on another computer with the same monitors. 

S1lent

Hi Fawn,
Try to open Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
Here is a YouTube.
S1lent

LittleFawn

The strangest thing happened. Went to see if was the monitor and hubby hooked it up to his and started right up. He went to hook it up to mine and he started it with no issues.

Mayhem

LittleFawn

It seems that way. I really think it is a Windows 11 issue. Computer running at normal temperature not even close to overheating.

Mayhem

That's odd, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you again!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview